CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Domaine Sainte Lucie & Domaine des diables

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Domaine Sainte Lucie & Domaine des diables Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Domaine Sainte Lucie & Domaine des diables - 8/27/2018 9:53:11 PM   
Paul852

We have wines under these two domaines which are the same wines. It seems from a bit of online digging that Michel Fabre founded Domaine Sainte Lucie then had 3 kids, one of whom works with him at that domaine and the other two established an adjacent Domaine des Diables. However, the wording "Sainte Lucie" also sometimes appears on the Domaine des Diables wines. And Diables also has a range under the MiP (Made in Provence) label (which mention Diables, and also sometimes Sainte Lucie).

Domaine Sainte Lucie produces 4 wines, none of which I can find in the CT database!

There is/was also a Domaine Sainte Lucie in Rivesaltes which is a separate place entirely and which needs to be split off on its own (there are 59 bottles in the database from there).

There is also one wine incorrectly under Domaine Sainte Lucie - the Gigondas, which I guess was actually from what used to be called Domaine de Lucie and is now called Domaine Les 4 Vents. (Source: http://www.winetraditions.com/domaine-les-4-vents/ )

Anyway, what I think this means is that all of the wines currently listed under Domaine Sainte Lucie (except the two above) need to be moved/merged under Domaine des Diables.

< Message edited by Paul852 -- 8/28/2018 7:44:33 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Domaine Sainte Lucie & Domaine des diables - 8/28/2018 4:56:54 PM   
andrew

A while ago, the Diables people contacted me to fix their entries. The formerly DSL, now DDD are linked back. We simply don't have any wines from the currently configured DSL.

There isn't a lot I can do to tease out the other wines. I can make clunky producer names like Domaine Sainte Lucie (Rhone), but I hate how that looks. The entries from Rivesaltes are all older and the Gigondas is singular (with holdings, so I am loathe to edit it out.) We can live with this.

Andrew Hall

CellarTracker Editorial & Support Services

(in reply to Paul852)
Post #: 2
RE: Domaine Sainte Lucie & Domaine des diables - 8/28/2018 7:50:58 PM   
Paul852

Thanks for this. I subsequently found that what used to be called Domaine de Lucie (it never had a "Sainte" in there) in the Rhone already exists in the database as a pair of Dupes:
Lucie Fourel
Domaine Les 4 Verts
They are clearly the same producer (Lucie Fourel is the Lucie of Domaine de Lucie), and the second was obviously a typo when entering the producer name (it's Vents, not Verts) which is why I didn't find it previously.
So those two should be merged and the old Gigondas (all consumed) could then be moved to its rightful place there.

Details of the history and wines of Domaine Les 4 Vents here: http://www.winetraditions.com/domaine-les-4-vents/

< Message edited by Paul852 -- 8/28/2018 8:04:02 PM >

(in reply to andrew)
Post #: 3
RE: Domaine Sainte Lucie & Domaine des diables - 8/29/2018 11:48:10 AM   
andrew

Cleaned up duped producer entries and consolidated under 4 Vents.

Lucie / 4 Vents is N. Rhone, so probably not the producer.

Andrew Hall

CellarTracker Editorial & Support Services

(in reply to Paul852)
Post #: 4
RE: Domaine Sainte Lucie & Domaine des diables - 8/29/2018 7:35:28 PM   
Paul852

Great, thanks. Getting close now!

There's a typo in the name of a Domain des Diables wine:
Les Petits Diables
not
Le Petit Diable

Also this wine:
Domaine des Diables Côtes de Provence Sainte-Victoire Rosé
does not exist.
Looking at the images posted for it, some are of the Rosé Bonbon, and some are of Les Petits Diables. Obviously we have no way of knowing what the people who claim holdings of simple "Rosé" actually have, except by asking them. I've no idea how you handle this situation (which must come up quite often).

Apologies for stuff like this bringing my obsessive side to the fore, but I guess we all want the database to be as accurate as possible!

Thanks for all you do - CT is of great value.

(in reply to andrew)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Domaine Sainte Lucie & Domaine des diables Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI