CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Arnaldo Caprai

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Arnaldo Caprai Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Arnaldo Caprai - 11/10/2019 9:41:02 AM   
forceberry

To my understanding, Arnaldo Caprai does not produce a wine that is just "Sagrantino di Montefalco", but instead all the wines have their own names.

Based on the label pictures, all the Sagrantino wines without designation should be merged with Sagrantino di Montefalco 25 Anni from 1993 onwards, which was the first vintage of 25 Anni. I don't know if all the pre-1993 Sagrantinos were made under the Collepiano name (which has been produced since 1979) or if Caprai has produced also wines without any designation. To play it on the safe side, I'd leave the 1990 and 1991 vintages unmerged.

Sagrantino di Montefalco Valdimaggio 1993 should probably be merged with Anni 25 or Collepiano, since the first vintage of Valdimaggio was 2012.

Check my blog and join me in my search for rare and unknown grape varieties and wine styles!
My CT profile
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Arnaldo Caprai Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI