CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Loacker Wine Estates/ Tenuta Corte Pavone

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Loacker Wine Estates/ Tenuta Corte Pavone Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Loacker Wine Estates/ Tenuta Corte Pavone - 1/29/2020 7:30:03 AM   
oldwines

Loacker Wine Estates owns 3 winery properties. One in Alto Adige, one in Montalcino and one in Maremma...all in Italy, of course. I met with Franz Josef Loacker at Benvenuto Brunello in NYC this past Monday and tasted through 5 of their wines. I have had some confusion trying to post my tasting notes and hope you can straighten it out. I just spoke to Franz again to verify my information... These wines from the Montalcino estate should all be listed under the " Tenuta Corte Pavone" winery name not with the Loacker name. Also all of the wines are Biodynamic but there is no need to put that in the name of the wine...it does not appear on the label and only will serve to confuse users I think. The Estate produces a white/Brut and Rose/Brut Spumante of traditional method, a Rose dessert wine called Rosa dei Venti, a Grappa di Brunello and a Cab/Merlot Blend called Levante. But their main production includes a Rosso di Montalcino and 4 Brunello di Montalcino's, two of which are new wines produced for the first time in the 2015 vintage and not yet listed on their website. So, the wines I would like to make sure are correctly represented in the database, in addition to the others if possible, are... first the Rosso di Montalcino, then the "normale" Brunello di Montalcino. Then there three single vineyard Brunello's Named - Fiore del Vento, Fior di Meliloto and Campo Marzio. I triple checked the spellings of all these wines. I tried to put in the correct names but there are others that need to be merged and corrected. Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: Loacker Wine Estates/ Tenuta Corte Pavone - 1/29/2020 9:27:42 AM   
andrew

Cleaned up.

I didn't add the wines we don't have - sparkling, dessert, grappa.

Andrew Hall

CellarTracker Editorial & Support Services

(in reply to oldwines)
Post #: 2
RE: Loacker Wine Estates/ Tenuta Corte Pavone - 1/29/2020 9:47:12 AM   
oldwines

Thank you and sorry if i confused things a little myself...actually the one single vineyard is "Fiore del Vento" and the other is "Fior di Meliloto"...I think the "e" on the end depends on the "gender of the following noun"

(in reply to oldwines)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Loacker Wine Estates/ Tenuta Corte Pavone Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI