CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

New Reynvaan issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> New Reynvaan issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Reynvaan issue - 5/25/2020 8:48:28 AM   
Jenise

So in the beginning Reynvaan made four premium syrahs: Stonessence at the top and ITR, Contender, and Unnamed all priced similar on the next tier. Others have been added. Not sure when the last vintage of premium Unnamed was, but maybe '12 or '13. Eventually a second label called Result of a Crush was introduced, and some years they also released a Christmas Cuvee. Those were $25ish.

Fast forward to 2020. The Result of a Crush is gone. The Christmas Cuvee lives on and the title 'Unnamed' has been revived and repurposed as the label for The Unnamed Series of three $25ish wines, as below, which now includes the Christmas Cuvee. (These notes are Owen Bargreen's.)

I just bought six of the 2016 Unnamed Syrah and realized when I went to add them to inventory that there are two entries, one with the word Series and one without, but which is being used by people with the Series wine. I believe those should be merged under the Series designation.

2017 The Unnamed Series ‘Christmas Cuvee’ Red Wine- The 2017 ‘Christmas Cuvee’ is another sensational release by Matt Reynvaan. As this slowly builds momentum in the glass the wine slowly unveils lovely wet stone character that mingles with the umami with dried herbal notes on this expressive nose. The palate has a plush texture and wonderfully soft mouthfeel that entices. A bright and lifted sense of minerality captivates with the underlying blood orange zest and red currant flavors that mingle with shades of damp stone. This is seriously good for the price. Drink 2019-2025- 92

2016 The Unnamed Series Syrah- The 2016 The Unnamed Series Syrah is a sensational new release that shows the wonderful warmth of the vintage. While vineyard sourcing is uncertain, the aromatics take me to their high elevation Foothills In The Sun Vineyard, with lovely thyme and sagebrush tones that mingle with suggestions of Hoisin sauce and wild blackberry. The palate has wonderful poise and a plush texture showing off ripe dark fruits and minerals — all leading to an exceedingly long and gratifying finish. Simply put, this wine is a steal at 25 dollars. Drink 2019-2025- 92

2017 The Unnamed Series Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc- Largely Cabernet Sauvignon (80%), with the remainder Cabernet Franc, this shows off ripe red ands dark fruits with a wonderful vibrancy on the palate. Silky tannins and a long finish complete this fantastic value bottling by Matt Reynvaan. Drink 2019-2025- 91
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> New Reynvaan issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI