CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Dupes: Marques de Murrieta Rioja Reserva Finca Ygay

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Dupes: Marques de Murrieta Rioja Reserva Finca Ygay Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dupes: Marques de Murrieta Rioja Reserva Finca Ygay - 10/29/2020 10:14:11 AM   
Chip Merlot

Hello, there are 3 entries that appear to be the same wine (judging from the label images and similarities in the entry names):
- Marqués de Murrieta Rioja Reserva Finca Ygay
- Marqués de Murrieta Rioja Castillo Ygay Reserva Especial
- Marqués de Murrieta Rioja Reserva Especial

There's also a stray Finca Ygay label image in the entry for the same vintner's Dalmau label but that otherwise appears to be a distinct label. Ditto with the Gran Reserva label.

Thank you
Post #: 1
RE: Dupes: Marques de Murrieta Rioja Reserva Finca Ygay - 10/30/2020 4:03:40 AM   
forceberry

This is a minefield where one needs to tread carefully, since there seems to be a lot of dupes, but also lots of almost similarly named wines that are actually different.

Marques de Murrieta Castillo Ygay Gran Reserva Especial is definitely in its class of its own as the flagship wine of the house and should not be confused with the other wines (and I don't mean that you have!). To my understanding, this is the only wine where the word "Castillo" appears.

At one point Castillo Ygay Gran Reserva Especial was known as Castillo Ygay Reserva Especial, but it has been labeled as Gran Reserva for decades. From what I can see, all the recent wines seem to be - at least based on the label pictures - dupes of Marques de Murrieta Finca Ygay Reserva

Then there are at least these distinct wines:

-Marques de Murrieta Ygay Reserva
-Marques de Murrieta Ygay Reserva Blanco
-Marques de Murrieta Ygay Gran Reserva
-Marques de Murrieta Ygay Gran Reserva Blanco
-Marques de Murrieta Ygay Selección Especial (should be labeled as Marques de Murrieta Tempranillo Ygay Selección Especial)
-Marques de Murrieta Ygay Reserva Especial (of which Marques de Murrieta Reserva Especial is a dupe)
-Marques de Murrieta Ygay Gran Reserva Especial
-Marques de Murrieta Finca Ygay Reserva
-Marques de Murrieta Finca Ygay Gran Reserva

What makes it hard to track down these wines is that some are name changes and for example Reserva Especials are rare wines produced only once or twice in a decade. However, all these have distinct labels and should not be merged with other wines, unless I've noted otherwise.

I have no idea what all the recent Marques de Murrieta Castillo Ygay Gran Reserva Especial Blanco wines are, since the most recent vintage is 1986 and no younger wines should exist. All those dozens of wines are dupes, but no idea of which wines. Most label pictures show the red Castillo Ygay Gran Reserva Especial, though.

According to the label pics, the white Marques de Murrieta Rioja Castillo Ygay Reserva Especial 2007 and 1994 are dupes of Marques de Murrieta Ygay Reserva Especial Blanco, the 1986 bottle a dupe of Marques de Murrieta Castillo Ygay Gran Reserva Especial Blanco.

Check my blog and join me in my search for rare and unknown grape varieties and wine styles!
My CT profile

(in reply to Chip Merlot)
Post #: 2
RE: Dupes: Marques de Murrieta Rioja Reserva Finca Ygay - 10/30/2020 4:48:04 AM   
andrew

I have a backlog on fixes with these wines. Some of the listed dupes are linked across a name change. As mentioned, there were Especial in the past. I am just not confident on some of the details with respect to Ygay/Finca Fgay/Castillo Ygay for past wines and I also think there is a good chance the same wines have been released under different names depending on when it was released.

I edited a few things last night and will work on this slowly. There just might be some apparent dupes and/or confusions we have to live with especially if I get too many user data conflicts during merges.

Andrew Hall

CellarTracker Editorial & Support Services

(in reply to forceberry)
Post #: 3
RE: Dupes: Marques de Murrieta Rioja Reserva Finca Ygay - 10/30/2020 10:37:45 AM   
Chip Merlot

Thanks folks - full disclosure, I had only gone searching for the '15 so that was the extent of my view when I saw the 3 overlapping labels. Looking at all years I can see what you're talking about! Maybe I'll just stick to Napa cabs Cheers!

(in reply to andrew)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Dupes: Marques de Murrieta Rioja Reserva Finca Ygay Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI