CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

CellarPro Not Cooling, Ideas?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> CellarPro Not Cooling, Ideas? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CellarPro Not Cooling, Ideas? - 8/5/2021 12:40:05 PM   
markandsusanw

Just in case anyone here has any advice…

Our 5200 Euro LaCache cabinet is not quite nine years old and the CellarPro cooling unit hasn't been cooling correctly for the past 5 days. We've tried cleaning all the filters, which we do every six months anyway. At first, it was having HA alarms, but since the hard reset (left it unplugged for 20 minutes before restarting) about 24 hours ago, it hasn't alarmed, but still won't go below 70 degrees.

And doing a hard reset of the unit, but it won't get below 70 degrees. Le Cache says it is out of warranty, even with the extended warranty we got at the time of purchase, so at a loss as to what to do. Any troubleshooting or anyone had a similar issue?

The unit has not been moved since the time of install (done by Le Cache contractor). The ambient room temperature is never more than 76-78. The cooling symbol (snowflake) and fan show up on the unit display, and you can hear it running, but doesn't seem to be blowing much, if any, cold air.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Le Cache/Cellar Pro can't recommend someone for repairs, and I have no idea how to find someone who knows how to work on these units.
Post #: 1
RE: CellarPro Not Cooling, Ideas? - 8/5/2021 2:14:03 PM   
Blue Shorts

CellarPro can repair the unit if you send it to them. Call 877.726.8496 (option 2, customer support). They will need the serial number from the side of the cooling unit.

If you need to have a repair person come to your home to conduct the repairs, I'd start by contacting the local appliance repair company.

< Message edited by Blue Shorts -- 8/5/2021 2:21:42 PM >

(in reply to markandsusanw)
Post #: 2
RE: CellarPro Not Cooling, Ideas? - 8/10/2021 3:30:34 PM   
wine247365

Also ask Cellar Pro for ideas as to what to do. I did this with my cooler company when i had a similar issue earlier this year and they saved me from wasting my money on a replacement. They suggested I clean the intake area that looked like a radiator, except that when I took a picture of mine it was clogged with 9+ years of dust! Since my dust buster couldn’t properly access it, I took a hose from a cheap foot mattress pump and wedged it into the DB opening. Then put one hand around the openings of it to increase the suction power at the end of the tube. I eventually closed the DB opening with a masking tape that worked MUCH better. By gently and patiently moving the other end back n forth over it and taking pictures to check my progress I succeeded in removing approx 95% of the dust. Now, it seems to only need a few hours per day to run which is in contrast to just before i properly cleaned it, when over the course of a few weeks i had to raise the cooling temp from 55 to 63 because it wasn’t cooling and it was running almost all the time too. Their recco certainly made my year! Last suggestion for you, use the search function to find similar threads as I think this question appeared a few months ago.

BTW, I still remember your horror story with your install of some years ago…what a nightmare!!!

The number of bottles I buy is nothing in comparison to the bottles I don’t buy. Let’s have a little perspective please.

(in reply to Blue Shorts)
Post #: 3
RE: CellarPro Not Cooling, Ideas? - 8/10/2021 5:30:22 PM   
mclancy10006

My experience is these things have 10 year life span +/- 2 years. It is probably just buy a replacement and get a credit for the existing unit deal when you ship it back. (In car geek speak we would call that a core swap. :)

-Mark

(in reply to wine247365)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> CellarPro Not Cooling, Ideas? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI