CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

For anyone who has had Darioush wines and knows them at all...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> For anyone who has had Darioush wines and knows them at all... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
For anyone who has had Darioush wines and knows them at... - 9/6/2023 7:28:29 PM   
Rossodio

Somewhat specific question, but for someone who enjoys wine and in particular likes Darioush cab... What in my cellar might knock their socks off and open their eyes to something new (or old)? I am thinking '09 Lagune ('09 bdx a fruitier and richer vintage, but still old world with at least some structure), one of my Don Melchors (though it might be infanticide), or perhaps my 2015 Prince of Hearts - though that isn't much of a stretch from a Napa Cab. Always looking to spread the gospel of good wine and hope to broaden someone's horizons here. Will give them recs based upon what I have, and might be willing to part with a bottle to have them try! For a real stretch I would consider a cru Beaujolais or Rhone blend but I am just not sure if that would be in this person's range.

I have a representative sample of Cali wines but as my background and palate are typically more old world I just don't know these wines as well generally.

- Rossodio
USA

Click below to see my profile on CT:

Post #: 1
RE: For anyone who has had Darioush wines and knows the... - 9/7/2023 9:26:43 AM   
BRR

I think going straight to Bordeaux, even in a riper vintage, wouldn't work so well given that they really love Darioush. I like your thought of going with Don Melchor, as they'll move in the direction I think you want to take your friend, but not take them so afar as to have the opposite effect. Do you have anything from Washington State? That's another option.

Cheers!

(in reply to Rossodio)
Post #: 2
RE: For anyone who has had Darioush wines and knows the... - 9/7/2023 12:35:29 PM   
sastewart

I drink mostly Bordeaux but for Darioush lovers I would steer and try a Châteauneuf-du-Pape (I've had good luck in similar situations with them), Washington State cab blend or maybe one of your Don Melchors

(in reply to BRR)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> For anyone who has had Darioush wines and knows them at all... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI