CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

sorting request

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> sorting request Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
sorting request - 12/4/2023 12:03:17 PM   
Jane22

Hi,

In the default sorting, in most cases the B-wines are (rightfully) sorted with the main wine. F.e. Chateau Cantemerle and Les Allees de Cantemerle, both under C, or Chateau Potensac and La Chapelle de Potensac (both P).

But in several occasions this is not done properly, where the B-wines appear separately under their own naming / alfabeth:
- Chateau Belgrave (B) and Diane de Belgrave (D)
- Chateau Marquis de Terme (M) and La Couronne de Marquis de Terme (C)
- Chateau de Tertre (T) and Les Hauts du Tertre (H)

My request would to straigthen all these, and for all these B-wines (and probably others) have them appear under the same alfabet letter as the parent wine.

Further, Le Cloitre du Chateau Prieure Lichine, the B wine of Chateau Prieure Lichine, is quite stangely named, suggest to correct this as well.

Thank you,

Post #: 1
RE: sorting request - 12/4/2023 12:10:02 PM   
andrew

This is a legacy issue that I've not put the needed effort to fix across the board. In the early days of CT, we felt that the 2nd wines more logically were listed as their own entries. D'Armailhac being the model. This created some problems and I have changed many of the 2nd/3rd or 'B wines' to be under their main producer. The ones you list are ones that I haven't done this. I will catch these shortly.

Andrew Hall

CellarTracker Editorial & Support Services

(in reply to Jane22)
Post #: 2
RE: sorting request - 12/4/2023 2:43:13 PM   
andrew

I didn't quite understand this note earlier. The nut is that these B wines are now all under the main Chateau.

The oddly indexed wines were deliberate. In a list of search results that were alphabetical, Allées de Cantemerle (A) was showing up above Cantemerle (C). There is a strong tendency for people to select the top option in any list and we were getting too many wrong images/data on Allées. I tweaked the settings to make it show up below Cantemerle. This isn't an idea solution and I feel it is better to have the 2nd wines show up under the main producer entry.

Andrew Hall

CellarTracker Editorial & Support Services

(in reply to andrew)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> sorting request Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI