CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/26/2023 6:08:27 PM   
Claymonster

quote:

ORIGINAL: ern1

Lordy its a Miracle.

Chris I am inspired by your persistence.

(in reply to ern1)
Post #: 121
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/27/2023 7:21:47 AM   
arthrovine

quote:

ORIGINAL: jlop

Ok, ok -- after some sleuthing I am very confident in my guess now; arthrovine are you my generous SS?

Thank you very much and happy holidays!

Boom! yes indeed! My cellar is full of both producers for a reason: They rock! Please enjoy these and I hope you have a terrific holiday. Merry Christmas.

(in reply to jlop)
Post #: 122
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/27/2023 8:30:24 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

On the THIRD Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

moved below.

< Message edited by ChrisinCowiche -- 12/29/2023 9:46:12 AM >

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to Claymonster)
Post #: 123
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/27/2023 9:24:58 AM   
Slye

I believe the head elf is hoping this wraps up soon! 😀

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 124
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/27/2023 10:11:48 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

quote:

ORIGINAL: Slye

I believe the head elf is hoping this wraps up soon! 😀

Just trying to help

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 125
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/28/2023 4:11:50 PM   
vinopkm

Sorry to all, was a crazy past week plus. Being 44 with an almost 4 year and a 14 month toddler is crazy. Nanny got COVID, wife runs a large very busy retail store and family in town... no CTing was being done.

Slye are you my Santa?

Sorry again

Post #: 126
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/28/2023 5:36:27 PM   
Slye

quote:

ORIGINAL: vinopkm

Sorry to all, was a crazy past week plus. Being 44 with an almost 4 year and a 14 month toddler is crazy. Nanny got COVID, wife runs a large very busy retail store and family in town... no CTing was being done.

Slye are you my Santa?

Sorry again

Oh no need to apologize at all. Sounds like you have had your hands full!

And yes, I am your secret Santa! I don't know if Chris passed on my message, but your ask was the same as mine -- give me something you really like and tell me why. So the Vin de Constance is a really great dessert wine. On the caramel, nut side instead of the white fruit side. It was Napolean's favorite wine (I am never sure what to do with that information -- I guess someone who could pretty much have (almost) anything he wanted preferred this wine). It is also a great wine for this time of year -- either with some nice blue cheese, or a chocolate dessert. Think of more the vin santo family type of wine.

The sparkling is a really decent rose, that I think has a great qpr -- so like introducing it to people.

I do hope you enjoy them. More importantly I hope you get some rest during this holiday period.

(in reply to vinopkm)
Post #: 127
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/29/2023 8:48:58 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

Well, things have narrowed down a bit. I hope yogi is well, just taking a forum break, but I'll leave this here for now.

Still guessing:

yogi8938

Remaining unmatched Secret Santas are:

wadcorp

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 128
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/29/2023 9:49:24 AM   
markandsusanw

quote:

ORIGINAL: recotte

quote:

ORIGINAL: markandsusanw

quote:

quote:

A hint to my recipient: I have gifted the same producer but not the particular wine in a prior year.

Second hint that should be a dead giveaway: if you do a forum search on the name of your producer, you'll find that I'm one of the main evangelists for the producer and grape variety.

At this point, feel like I'm the only one who doesn't get it. Never even looked at you, Eric, because I was YOUR Secret Santa, and I didn't think they were doing reciprocal matches, but do see you've mentioned the maker of my wine here. Am I the one missing all of your hints?

YES! I am your Secret Santa! I was quite surprised when I realized we were matched up, but I do kind of appreciate the symmetry. Merry Christmas!

Thank you so much, Eric! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you a very happy New Year!!

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 129
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/29/2023 2:26:40 PM   
wadcorp

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinCowiche

Well, things have narrowed down a bit. I hope yogi is well, just taking a forum break, but I'll leave this here for now.

Still guessing:

yogi8938

wadcorp

It's a complete mystery…

"Wine is light held together by moisture."
— Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

Post #: 130
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/30/2023 3:09:59 PM   
recotte

quote:

ORIGINAL: wadcorp

quote:

Still guessing:

yogi8938

wadcorp

It's a complete mystery…

The suspense is killing me.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. - Oscar Wilde

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 131
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/30/2023 5:29:33 PM   
Slye

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: wadcorp

quote:

Still guessing:

yogi8938

wadcorp

It's a complete mystery…

The suspense is killing me.

Anyone want to set up some odds -- I would love to bet on this with a fair amount of money........

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 132
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/31/2023 10:03:54 AM   
wadcorp

Chris, let me know when I pass the record for longest time that someone hasn't been guessed as the Secret Santa.

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 133
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 1/2/2024 10:44:13 AM   
yogi8938

Sorry all for my late reply to this. I had some family stuff come up during the holiday that needed my full attention and then I was on vacation with limited internet access.

Yes, my Santa is Wadcorp and he was very generous with his Santa gift of a 2015 Chateau Giscours. This wine should be right up my alley. I hope to share it with my son before he returns back to schol this Friday.

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 134
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 1/2/2024 10:56:53 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

quote:

ORIGINAL: yogi8938

Sorry all for my late reply to this. I had some family stuff come up during the holiday that needed my full attention and then I was on vacation with limited internet access.

Yes, my Santa is Wadcorp and he was very generous with his Santa gift of a 2015 Chateau Giscours. This wine should be right up my alley. I hope to share it with my son before he returns back to schol this Friday.

Yay!!! Glad you are well yogi, and we all understand family comes first. I hope your son does well in 4th grade this spring. Happy New Year and Cheers!

(in reply to yogi8938)
Post #: 135
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 1/4/2024 10:18:09 AM   
wadcorp

Do I win a prize?

Post #: 136
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 2/28/2024 2:37:22 PM   
crispino

I realized that I never revealed my mystery wine! Wine Gopher was very generous. 2018 Gramercy Cellars Syrah Lagniappe.

I brought this to share for New Year's Eve and we enjoyed it with dinner. Everyone had fun with the guessing (although no one got the varietal) and it was a great way to enjoy wine, with some great friends and family. Thank you again sir! Much appreciated.

- Chris

CT Secret Santa Compendium
CT Santa Profile

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 137
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 4/23/2024 4:31:03 PM   
recotte

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: markandsusanw

quote:

On account of a very eventful week, as well as my CTSS box being completely buried under a small mountain of other deliveries, I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I had completely forgotten about today's reveal until just now.

My awesome Santa sent me a bottle of 2022 Bedrock Semillon, along with some very gourmet-looking chocolat chaude! Thank you! Also included in the box is a sealed card with the admonishment to not open until done guessing.

So, with no further ado... markandsusanw, are you my Santa?

You may already have given up on me and know this now but, yes, Eric, there is a (forgetful) Santa Claus and it is me.

Hope you like the wine and aren't too mad at me for being bad at the game play. Probably made it too easy by sending a Bedrock—the largest producer in our cellar—but did try and throw you off a bit with a white. Morgan (Twain-Peterson) really does know his way around a grape and think the wine he's making is some of the very best bang for the buck going. Pretty hard to go wrong with anything from his line-up, and this is at the tippy top of his whites. (Think there's been a grand total of one of his bottlings I didn't really enjoy.) Hope you agree and Merry Christmas!

Susan, I had not given up on you! Thank you so much! I'd like to claim some kind of clever sleuthing on my part, but UPS ratted you out. The label on the box was exactly as you intended, but the online tracking had your actual name. Darn you, UPS! Before posting my official guess, I had looked up the wine in CT, and did see that wadcorp has a prior vintage of this wine in his cellar, so I did entertain the possibility of some shenanigans, but opted for the more direct route for my initial stab.

I am truly looking forward to opening this sooner than later. Bedrock is such a great producer, and I've only ever had the opportunity to try a few dry Semillons, so definitely jazzed about this!

Thanks again, and happy holidays!

I opened this last week, and WOW what a gorgeous wine. Here’s my TN:

This was a stunningly beautiful wine. Rich lemon zest and floral aromatics with balancing acidity. I could see this adding weight and gaining complexity with age, but fantastic now. Paired with miso Chilean sea bass beautifully. Thank you, markandsusanw for the generous CTSS gift!

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. - Oscar Wilde

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 138
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI