CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

CT Minneapolis - anybody out there?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> CT Minneapolis - anybody out there? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CT Minneapolis - anybody out there? - 4/1/2010 7:18:13 AM   
ron van holland

Any casual groups in the TCs? Best wine tasting venue? Anyplace besides Surdyk's and France 44 for selection? Best way to special order at nationally competitive prices?
Post #: 1
RE: CT Minneapolis - anybody out there? - 4/1/2010 11:03:37 AM   
tacman

quote:

ORIGINAL: ron van holland

Any casual groups in the TCs? Best wine tasting venue? Anyplace besides Surdyk's and France 44 for selection? Best way to special order at nationally competitive prices?

I am long overdue for a visit back to see the parents ... but they hate it when I disappear for a night out with friends and don't spend 100% of my time with them. I guess the answer would be to come in the night of an event and then just stop by and say "surprise" the next day.
Seriously though, don't think I will be back until the fall sometime.

"I'm drinking some wine, eating some cheese, and catching some rays, you know..." - Oddball (Kelly's Heroes)

(in reply to ron van holland)
Post #: 2
RE: CT Minneapolis - anybody out there? - 4/1/2010 11:04:00 AM   
tacman

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum!!

"I'm drinking some wine, eating some cheese, and catching some rays, you know..." - Oddball (Kelly's Heroes)

(in reply to tacman)
Post #: 3
RE: CT Minneapolis - anybody out there? - 4/1/2010 11:48:13 AM   
grafstrb

Hey, welcome to the forum! I don’t live in the Twin Cities anymore (moved away about 6 years ago), but usually visit family a couple times a year (grew up in Shoreview and Eagan). Other wine stores to check-out include: Winestreet, Haskell’s, and Hennepin Lake Liquor Store. Hennepin Lake Liquor probably has the best pricing of those three, but if memory serves me correct they don’t take checks (or maybe don’t take plastic ... can’t remember exactly – give ‘em a call before you venture over).

I would love to meet-up with you next time I’m in town. Until then, we’ll see you here.

Terroir is not a flavor.

(in reply to tacman)
Post #: 4
RE: CT Minneapolis - anybody out there? - 4/1/2010 5:57:07 PM   
mn_horn

Welcome Ron!

I'm in Blaine and get together with a few locals every now and then.  It is a very casual group.  Send me a PM and I'll keep you posted on the next get together. We'd love to have you join us.  If nothing else, we can start planning the welcome home party for grafstrb and tacman.  You'll quickly find out that they are two of the many good folk on this forum.

If you are looking for selection, it is hard to beat the big guys in the area, Surdyk's, Haskell's, and France 44.  I've had good luck at Cellars Wine and Spirits in Roseville, but my favorite local small shop is Tournament Liquor in Blaine.  Not the best name, but a good selection of small producers.  The strong points are Italy, Burgundy, and Germany.  Ask for Darrin.

grafstrb reminded me, I need to check back at Hennepin Lake.  They do have the better prices, but he is right, no plastic.

(in reply to grafstrb)
Post #: 5
RE: CT Minneapolis - anybody out there? - 4/2/2010 7:13:37 AM   
mplsbruin

Go to Restaurant Max (downtown Minneapolis at the Hotel Minneapolis) the week of your birthday and if you order dinner, they credit 1 dollar per 1 year of your age towards a bottle of wine!
At least I think they are still doing this - seems to have been offered for almost a year now.

(in reply to mn_horn)
Post #: 6
RE: CT Minneapolis - anybody out there? - 4/2/2010 10:32:29 AM   
grafstrb

quote:

ORIGINAL: mplsbruin

Go to Restaurant Max (downtown Minneapolis at the Hotel Minneapolis) the week of your birthday and if you order dinner, they credit 1 dollar per 1 year of your age towards a bottle of wine!
At least I think they are still doing this - seems to have been offered for almost a year now.

that is awesome!

Terroir is not a flavor.

(in reply to mplsbruin)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> CT Minneapolis - anybody out there? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI