Couple of ideas: Custom tagging, User Categories. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support

ParkHill -> Couple of ideas: Custom tagging, User Categories. (6/29/2007 8:10:14 PM)

I've wondered how to handle custom tagging.

For example, an important (if polemical) category for Barolos is whether the styling is modern (short fermentation, smaller oak barrels) or traditional (ultra-long fermentation, high-tannin, long-maturing). It would be useful to have a tag that tracked this. This could be a flag, or it could be a 1-10 scale.

Second. Another tagging category might be High, Medium, Low producers, or First, Second Third growths. This might be a user assigned tag, as you each of us have our favorites.

Third, It would be interesting to be able to tag flavors, aromas, aging category or other qualities. The Nebbiolo quartet: Cherry, Plum, Tar, Violet/Rose. Or Acid, Fruity, Tannic. Or Closed, Young, Ready, Hold.

In a music program, some people hack the comment section, and then parse it for their codes. But, maybe a better mechanism would be to have several custom tag fields, like Flavors, Aging Potential, Quality Rank.

Or, I would like to be able to search for flavors or qualities in a more freeform fashion. All "aromatic or rose/violet barbarescos" for example, with the ability to search reviews (including personally-entered i.e. copyrighted reviews).

Eric -> RE: Couple of ideas: Custom tagging, User Categories. (6/30/2007 3:47:43 PM)

I agree it would be nice to have user defined fields. Right now you can use the wishlist feature to create specific "tagged" lists, but this doesn't give you a great set of options for sorting or filtering like I suspect you want. Anyway, it is definitely on my list...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.785156E-02