Seems like forever
  31% (31)

Total Votes : 100
(last vote on : 10/24/2023 10:59:39 AM)
(Poll will run till: -- )

mye -> RE: Cayuse (1/9/2016 8:13:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: champagneinhand

Over8ed. I asked them to remove me from the list a year ago, but I got the rejection letter. Thanks but no thanks. Anybody wanting my 2009 GOK can have it for what I paid at Total wines. So many great wines to play this marketing game. I guess I need to unsubscribe too.

Is it really a marketing game? that would imply they have the wine but don't wanna sell it to people.. or is it really just high demand and not enough supply?

I don't think they have trucks full of wine that they can't sell and drumming up 'perceived' demand by limiting people?

Hollowine -> RE: Cayuse (1/9/2016 8:30:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mye

quote:

Over8ed. I asked them to remove me from the list a year ago, but I got the rejection letter. Thanks but no thanks. Anybody wanting my 2009 GOK can have it for what I paid at Total wines. So many great wines to play this marketing game. I guess I need to unsubscribe too.

Is it really a marketing game? that would imply they have the wine but don't wanna sell it to people.. or is it really just high demand and not enough supply?

I don't think they have trucks full of wine that they can't sell and drumming up 'perceived' demand by limiting people?

It isn't a marketing game.

Trevor and Christophe are above board; they actually handle the manner of allocations in a very fair way in my opinion, ensuring wait list always gets some decent allocation each year for new people to be added to the active list.

There are a lot of names on the wait list for limited production. No different than SQN, Alban, or any other cult Rhone styled wine.

dsGris -> RE: Cayuse (1/10/2016 12:28:56 AM)

I personally have the utmost respect for them and have said before in relation to them and their neighbors that I do not begrudge them making a good return. After all they are in the business to make money, and they produce a product that gets rave reviews. I also commend not boosting the price to the secondary market levels. Other than a single bottle of Lafitte, Cayuse are the only wines in my cellar that are worth more than I paid for them. I am on the downward slope for buying ageable wines. If I were the age of my kids, I would wait and enjoy the payoff. I am on the cusp for next year, but drinking will probably be reserved for the family. I hope they like them. My wife will say, "sell and buy some good chard or pinot gris."[;)]

Hollowine -> RE: Cayuse (1/14/2016 4:17:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hollowine

quote:

quote:

Trevor and Christophe are above board; they actually handle the manner of allocations in a very fair way in my opinion, ensuring wait list always gets some decent allocation each year for new people to be added to the active list.

There are a lot of names on the wait list for limited production. No different than SQN, Alban, or any other cult Rhone styled wine.

Another thing I forgot to mention...

They actually do right by their employees, animals, and the Earth. While many vineyards use migrant workers for Pruning/Harvest, Cayuse keeps their crew on payroll year round. I'm sure there is always something to do project/maintenance/upkeep wise, but this is a big commitment. They also till with Draft horses several of the vineyards, and have on-site horses, pigs, etc. as part of their Biodynamic commitment.

Everyone's mileage may vary regarding perceived QPR, but I think they are more than just prices and scores, and I like them for it.

Hollowine -> RE: Cayuse (1/14/2016 4:21:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: recotte

Darn that Hollowine! Darn him to heck!

quote:

ORIGINAL: wadcorp

Blame Hollowine. [:)]

Just saw these...[:D][:D]

Hater's gonna Hate...at least until the next time we are sharing one, eh?

Slye -> RE: Cayuse (1/14/2016 4:32:09 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

They actually do right by their employees, animals, and the Earth. While many vineyards use migrant workers for Pruning/Harvest, Cayuse keeps their crew on payroll year round. I'm sure there is always something to do project/maintenance/upkeep wise, but this is a big commitment. They also till with Draft horses several of the vineyards, and have on-site horses, pigs, etc. as part of their Biodynamic commitment.

Everyone's mileage may vary regarding perceived QPR, but I think they are more than just prices and scores, and I like them for it.

Oh I did not know that about the year round labor -- that makes me like the wines even more!

Sauvyfan -> RE: Cayuse (1/16/2016 12:18:59 PM)

I've been waiting 5+ years on Cayuse, maybe longer. I was allocated No Girls after just two years, but have yet to open one. My experience with Cayuse is several of the '07 Syrahs, an '03 En Chamberlain, and the '08 Bionic Frog. I've also had the '09 God Only Knows, (disappointed). All the Syrahs were wonderful, and the Bionic Frog was the best New World red I have had to date.

annerk -> RE: Cayuse (1/17/2016 6:58:24 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I agree Scott. I am much more inclined to buy from those who are good stewards of the land and who treat those who toil for them fairly. I believe that Shafer and Schramsberg in Napa do as well.

wine247365 -> RE: Cayuse (12/27/2016 4:27:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wine247365

It's that time of year to bump the Cayuse Wait List roll call! No soup for me again. ...been waiting since 1879. [;)]

Yet again...DENIED

recotte -> RE: Cayuse (12/27/2016 4:41:48 PM)

I also received my annual "no soup for you" email this afternoon. C'est la vie....

dontime -> RE: Cayuse (12/27/2016 4:53:19 PM)

No soup for me also. Life, with plenty of good wine, will go on...

mclancy10006 -> RE: Cayuse (12/27/2016 5:04:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dontime

+1 and I have made the Reynvaan list so that helps a lot...

-M

Eddie -> RE: Cayuse (12/27/2016 5:11:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mclancy10006

quote:

ORIGINAL: dontime

+1 and I have made the Reynvaan list so that helps a lot...

-M

Ditto.

recotte -> RE: Cayuse (12/27/2016 5:17:01 PM)

I stopped buying Reynvaan a couple of years ago so have been dropped from their list. You're welcome.

[;)]

CranBurgundy -> RE: Cayuse (12/27/2016 5:20:13 PM)

Where's the option for never applied to be on the list and/or don't care?

dsGris -> RE: Cayuse (12/27/2016 5:31:26 PM)

Got on the No Girls list, and after much trepidation, about 3 seconds, put in my Cayuse order when finally given the "OK, your in buddy" last Sept. I really cannot afford either, so need to cut back which hasn't happened for some strange reason.[:o] But I will not buy anything on Berserker Day.[8D]

fingers -> RE: Cayuse (12/27/2016 6:01:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dsGris

Got on the No Girls list, and after much trepidation, about 3 seconds, put in my Cayuse order when finally given the "OK, your in buddy" last Sept. I really cannot afford either, so need to cut back which hasn't happened for some strange reason.[:o] But I will not buy anything on Berserker Day.[8D]

FLW

Jack667 -> RE: Cayuse (12/27/2016 7:05:51 PM)

Me two, denied!

BornToRhone -> RE: Cayuse (12/28/2016 3:41:16 AM)

Yessir - denied as well...

S1 -> RE: Cayuse (12/28/2016 6:42:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fingers

quote:

ORIGINAL: dsGris

FLW

Yeah, I'm not buying anything on BD either...[;)][:D][:D][:D]

Still no Cayuse here.

khmark7 -> RE: Cayuse (12/28/2016 4:41:53 PM)

No soup for me.....

mc2 wines -> RE: Cayuse (12/28/2016 9:17:20 PM)

Will happily buy when we officially make the list, but sadly this is again not the year. What can you do? Got on Horsepower when it first opened up so we have at least a few Christophe wines bouncing around.

Jenise -> RE: Cayuse almost on the list (12/29/2016 9:30:46 AM)

Would guess I've been on the list for 6-8 years.

kcbrian -> RE: Cayuse almost on the list (12/29/2016 9:51:41 AM)

six to eight years...........that is depressing. I have only been on for six or seven. At least they send an email each year with the bad news[:D]

SkeBum -> RE: Cayuse almost on the list (1/1/2017 1:27:11 PM)

I got my rejection email also the other day. I'm going on 6 yrs on the wait list. By the time I get on the allocation list, I will have forgotten why I signed up in the first place.

ShawnM789 -> RE: Cayuse almost on the list (1/2/2017 1:40:18 PM)

Got my annual rejection letter. But the good is that I got
In for Horsepower.

mclancy10006 -> RE: Cayuse almost on the list (1/2/2017 2:42:24 PM)

I should I feel better that I got rejected sooner than some of you? Any glimmer at this point. [8D]

nyccablover -> RE: Cayuse almost on the list (1/4/2017 2:48:44 PM)

Got my rejection on 12/27 - I am just coming up on six years on the wait list in April 2017. From the stories above it appears that this maybe a terminal condition. Oh well - lots of other wine out there to enjoy.....

lockestep -> RE: Cayuse almost on the list (1/5/2017 3:48:25 AM)

Rejected for the 5th year. Dejected that so many six years are ahead of me on this thread.

Hollowine -> RE: Cayuse almost on the list (1/5/2017 6:01:31 AM)

As I've said before, Trevor and Christophe at Cayuse actually make more of an effort than many other wineries I know to allocate a % of every year to people on the waiting list. Chin up, it will happen.

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI