NO COMMERCE. NO POLITICS. NO RELIGION. NO SEX. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion

Eric -> NO COMMERCE. NO POLITICS. NO RELIGION. NO SEX. (9/8/2008 12:42:12 PM)

(EDITOR'S NOTE: I first posted this about 4 years ago, and in fact people have done a GREAT job of staying on track. Thank you for that.)

At the request of the community, I somewhat grudgingly expanded the CellarTracker fora in September, 2006 to include a General Discussion area under the condition that this would be largely self-policing and would avoid certain topics which have proven to be taboo and led to the demise of many other wine fora.

Lately there have been some non-wine threads that have strayed deep into US politics. While I appreciate a good political discussion, this is a WINE forum. The only rules here are to KEEP IT CIVIL, RESPECTFUL AND POLITE and to STAY OFF OF POLITICS. I have deleted and locked some threads, and there are at least a couple of folks who I will BAN if they continue to wade into this arena and bait other users. More recently some members have chosen to test the boundaries around religious posts, sexual posts, and sexual imagery. One would hope that basic common sense and self restraint would be enough, but please let's stay off of these topics. My mission first and foremost is to focus on the main CellarTracker site, and I simply don't have the time or patience to chase around forum threads gone awry.

Even more recently there have been efforts by the community to create commerce oriented threads of wines to sell etc. Unlike the eRobertParker and WineBerserkers forum, there is no blessed and approved Commerce Corner here. While I am not opposed to regular members of the community occasionally offering special deals, I do not wish for commerce related posts to dominate the forum activity. If you want to trade or sell wines, let me strongly recommend the excellent Commerce Corner forum at www.wineberserkers.com as a wonderful destination.

Thanks in advance for your respect of these simple rules.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI