Boltons Investments - defunct? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion

ackbound -> Boltons Investments - defunct? (9/11/2013 6:33:43 AM)

I'm a client of Boltons Investments, but am quite concerned that something is wrong...

- Their website is essentially missing - content is gone and a hollow shell remains.
www.boltonsinvestments.com

- They don't answer their phone and the owner's mobile appears to be disconnected.

Does anyone here have any info on their status? Any other Boltons clients out there?

Whom should I speak with to try and ascertain answers?

Thank you in advance.

Eric -> RE: Boltons Investments - defunct? (9/11/2013 10:15:24 AM)

I am confused as to why you would post here? Versus a very UK-centric board like this: http://www.wine-pages.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=1

ackbound -> RE: Boltons Investments - defunct? (9/11/2013 10:27:55 AM)

I've posted on several sites today seeking info, this being one. They have customers from all over - I'm in the U.S.

mtpisgah -> RE: Boltons Investments - defunct? (9/11/2013 10:44:18 AM)

Not related to his question but i checked out the forum you refrered to Eric and found this:
http://www.wine-pages.com/cgi-bin2/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=038704
Helping Ray Walker with harvest. Sounds like fun.

Serge Birbrair -> RE: Boltons Investments - defunct? (9/11/2013 11:39:09 AM)

well.....this happened on the week when AA, BOA and HP are taken out of the Dow. I see the writing on the wall:
drink lots of wine and get laid, the investment world is coming to the end.

Wine_Strategies -> RE: Boltons Investments - defunct? (9/11/2013 1:01:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Serge Birbrair

well.....this happened on the week when AA, BOA and HP are taken out of the Dow. I see the writing on the wall:

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

VTCellarDweller -> RE: Boltons Investments - defunct? (9/11/2013 1:08:04 PM)

It looks like the OP is screwed either way.

champagneinhand -> RE: Boltons Investments - defunct? (9/11/2013 1:56:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wine_Strategies

quote:

ORIGINAL: Serge Birbrair

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Reminds me of a post WIML commented, about what he would do if the end of the world scenario came to be!

mc2 wines -> RE: Boltons Investments - defunct? (9/11/2013 6:45:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: champagneinhand

Reminds me of a post WIML commented, about what he would do if the end of the world scenario came to be!

I could see a very interesting thread on if you could only pull one bottle out of your cellar with imminent end of the world, what would it be... Not sure I could really say.... Maybe '98 Grange? That's always been a dream wine of mine.

Old Doug -> RE: Boltons Investments - defunct? (9/12/2013 7:55:21 AM)

http://investdrinks-blog.blogspot.com/p/i-wouldnt-buy-wine-from-these-companies.html = brief mention of a suspicious firm headed by a former broker at Boltons Investments.

quote:

ORIGINAL: mc2 wines

I could see a very interesting thread on if you could only pull one bottle out of your cellar with imminent end of the world, what would it be... Not sure I could really say.... Maybe '98 Grange? That's always been a dream wine of mine.

End Of The World is imminent, and we only get one bottle? [&:] Well okay, "one bottle" is a valid proposition, and I was thinking of the biggest, best red; but then, no - no....

2002 Henri Boillot Montrachet

Eric -> RE: Boltons Investments - defunct? (9/13/2013 4:13:53 PM)

Sorry to see how this is playing out: http://www.wine-pages.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=038733
I had a feeling you would get to the bottom of it on UK wine-pages.

ackbound -> RE: Boltons Investments - defunct? (9/13/2013 4:31:38 PM)

Thanks Eric... Called Vinotheque today and they gave me a copy of the liquidation letter.

Eric -> RE: Boltons Investments - defunct? (9/13/2013 8:39:15 PM)

Best of luck. Sadly I was an investor with Bernie Madoff so unfortunately know first hand about terrible a bankruptcy proceeding can be.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI