CellarTracker for iOS is here! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Release Notes

dpolivy -> CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/18/2014 6:34:42 AM)

At long last, the CellarTracker app for iPhone and iPad is available in the app store! You can download it here:

CellarTracker for iOS

You'll find all of the functionality you've become accustomed to on our mobile site, with the addition of barcode scanning (for both CellarTracker labels and UPC/EAN barcodes) and more to come.

We hope you like it, and greatly appreciate any feedback on how we can improve! And, we also appreciate any reviews you add to the app store!

Thanks,
Dan

vingrisen -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/19/2014 8:50:38 AM)

I simply love it.
Thank You - fantastic job!

cartey -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/20/2014 12:52:17 AM)

So much snappier than the mobile site.
I love it!!

Thank you for all your hard work.

Eric -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/20/2014 1:02:55 AM)

Terrific, so glad you are enjoying!

kingbing -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/23/2014 8:43:13 AM)

Terrific app. Well done all. Very attractive.

A couple of functional things I would really welcome, that I use on the main site:

Ability to see wishlists: I use these to create list of bottles I wish to pull from my own cellar, but when I take my phone with me, I can't acess the wishlists. I donl;t want to haul the laptop down there, so seeing on a phone would be handy - especially if wishlists could also allow single bottle views, so the wine and location were simultaneously on the screen.

Similarly, being able to view cellar by location would really take advantage of the portability of the app.

Thanks

Ben

Eric -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/23/2014 8:56:56 AM)

The app does support wishlists. I will demonstrate in the mobile site.
1) Go to https://www.cellartracker.com/m/ and click MY CELLAR.
2) Then click MY WISHLIST: https://www.cellartracker.com/m/my/wishlist
3) Optionally, click CHANGE LIST at the top to filter to a specific list.

From the wishlist you can click on a wine to see your cellar info.

Grouping and filtering by location is at the top of our todo list.

kingbing -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/23/2014 11:02:46 AM)

Apoloigies Eric - you are right about wishlists. I meant to say that I could not drill down to the individual sub-wishlists (filter?) within the general wishlist.

For example, I have a sub-wishlist that has wines I would like to buy, another that has wines I am consoidering for an upcoming dinner, and another of wines I wish to pull from an external cellar (actually my parents' basement) next time I visit it. To be able to access those lists while I am in the said cellar would be really useful.

Thanks.

Eric -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/23/2014 11:07:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kingbing

I meant to say that I could not drill down to the individual sub-wishlists (filter?) within the general wishlist.

I already told you how to do that. Right at the top of the screen, click on (CHANGE LIST).

kingbing -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/23/2014 11:41:26 AM)

Sorry. Got it. I hadn't noticed that. Brilliant. Thanks for your patience!

Fournet -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/23/2014 5:52:35 PM)

I was using the new app to consume a bottle. I only had the option to make a private note, not a public note. Am I doing something wrong, or is public note functionality not implemented yet?

Eric -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/23/2014 10:14:30 PM)

Consume the bottle. THEN on the next screen is a HUGE button to ADD A TASTING NOTE.

brigcampbell -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/26/2014 10:47:30 AM)

Eric, noticed a pop in new user registration after this was released?

I always thought an app would show a bump.

Eric -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/26/2014 12:41:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: brigcampbell

Eric, noticed a pop in new user registration after this was released?

I always thought an app would show a bump.

The daily registration rate has more than doubled since the app release.

doumttt -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/29/2014 12:16:20 PM)

Hi Eric

Are you guys working on a Android version???

Eric -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/29/2014 12:20:43 PM)

Yes, Android and Windows Phone versions are coming soon. Please do read our FAQ. https://www.cellartracker.com/content.asp?iContent=48

doumttt -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/29/2014 12:26:09 PM)

Thanks for the quick answer

Redrunners -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/29/2014 3:41:36 PM)

The bar code reader is very sluggish.

Seems to take 30 seconds plus to read a barcode. Sometimes it never seems to register.

Have tried staying fixed, moving vertically and up and down - all with no impact.

This has occurred both with strong 4g connectivity and even when on wi-fi.

Tho old cor.kz ap was a little sluggish on occasion (usually due to strength of signal). Their new version from a few days ago is almost instant (regardless of how well you bracket the code). I understand this is not your app - just for reference for another app that is accessing your database and appears to use a barcode reader that seems much stronger.

Like the CT app, but find this functionality almost unusable currently.

FYI

Eric -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/29/2014 9:25:45 PM)

Dan has a new 1.0.1 build coming soon with barcode scanning improvements.

Redrunners -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/30/2014 4:38:24 AM)

Great - Thanks

dpolivy -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/30/2014 9:24:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Redrunners

Seems to take 30 seconds plus to read a barcode. Sometimes it never seems to register.

Have tried staying fixed, moving vertically and up and down - all with no impact.

Tho old cor.kz ap was a little sluggish on occasion (usually due to strength of signal). Their new version from a few days ago is almost instant (regardless of how well you bracket the code). I understand this is not your app - just for reference for another app that is accessing your database and appears to use a barcode reader that seems much stronger.

FYI

What device and OS version are you using? Is it an iPhone 4 by chance?

And are you trying to scan CellarTracker barcodes or UPC barcodes?

As Eric mentioned, I've got a new build in testing that should really help with this.

Dan

Redrunners -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/30/2014 9:30:45 AM)

Dan,

I have an iPhone 5 with the most recent IOS version (7.1.2). Usually 4G connectivity.

Having the challenge scanning UPC barcodes on the back of wine bottles.

Have tried this about a half dozen times in a variety of different locations, and challenge reading seems to be consistent.

For comparison - try the new release on the cor.kz app. It is almost instant (even before you can center on the bar-code, it has already selected and is searching).

Thanks

quote:

ORIGINAL: dpolivy

quote:

FYI

What device and OS version are you using? Is it an iPhone 4 by chance?

And are you trying to scan CellarTracker barcodes or UPC barcodes?

As Eric mentioned, I've got a new build in testing that should really help with this.

Dan

dpolivy -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (7/30/2014 9:47:57 AM)

quote:

I have an iPhone 5 with the most recent IOS version (7.1.2). Usually 4G connectivity.

Having the challenge scanning UPC barcodes on the back of wine bottles.

Have tried this about a half dozen times in a variety of different locations, and challenge reading seems to be consistent.

For comparison - try the new release on the cor.kz app. It is almost instant (even before you can center on the bar-code, it has already selected and is searching).

I definitely think the update will help you out -- and I'm curious to know for sure once it is available. I don't have a firm ETA at the moment, but hopefully we'll be able to have it live sometime next week.

Dan

dpolivy -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (8/5/2014 10:11:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fournet

I was using the new app to consume a bottle. I only had the option to make a private note, not a public note. Am I doing something wrong, or is public note functionality not implemented yet?

I've just pushed out an update that adds a new "Add Note" button on the consumption page -- tapping that will consume the bottle and take you to the page to add a public tasting note. Hopefully that makes it easier to do both at once!

Dan

Eric -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (8/6/2014 11:32:55 PM)

Apple just approved our 1.0.1 release of the iPhone/iPad app. This has a number of tweaks around barcode scanning that we hope address the issues that some users are seeing. And there are also some lower level changes that we hope handle the random instability that a tiny percentage of users are seeing. Please give it a try and let us know, thanks!

Eric -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (8/13/2014 2:39:57 AM)

Dan just created a beta of our CellarTracker app for Windows Phone. Email support@cellartracker.com if interested.

Next up is Android.

dsGris -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (8/17/2014 4:30:20 PM)

I finally got my wife to buy me a new iPhone when she upgraded hers. Life is good! I may need to get her to buy me a bar code printer next.[:D]

Eric -> RE: CellarTracker for iOS is here! (9/7/2014 4:31:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eric

Yes, Android and Windows Phone versions are coming soon. Please do read our FAQ. https://www.cellartracker.com/content.asp?iContent=48

Launched on 9/3: CellarTracker app now available: https://www.cellartracker.com/content.asp?iContent=48

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI