INCOMING!!! (mailing list offers) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion

S1 -> INCOMING!!! (mailing list offers) (1/10/2015 4:41:10 AM)

Credit card flame out time (Jan)

Lots of wineries have their "spring" offers pending. I must make the difficult decision (maybe) on some of these.
Horsepower next week
No Girls the following week
Rhys and Berserkerday the following week
Sandlands, Carlisle, Outpost right behind

Then we get to February & early March. (VHR, Drinkward-Peschon, Continuum, A-R, Copain, Scarecrow)[&:]
Anyone want to pile on with others?

atkinson_b2 -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/10/2015 7:06:32 AM)

Aubert next Tuesday, Rivers-Marie Pinots are usually late Jan, Screagle in early Feb

Eddie -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/10/2015 7:48:11 AM)

Deleted

ericindc -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/10/2015 10:40:02 AM)

I'm just happy that the only one of these I care about is the Rhys offering. Last year's berserkerday didn't interest me much.

GalvezGuy -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/10/2015 2:48:40 PM)

I will probably only buy some Quilceda Creek and half a case of Windy Oaks. Trying to cut back on the sheer amount of purchases.

khmark7 -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/10/2015 3:18:23 PM)

Carlisle
Maison Ilan??

Non-mailing list:
Siduri
2012 Bordeaux futures

Don't really see myself purchasing much from mailing lists anytime soon.

BenNoir -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/10/2015 3:45:26 PM)

Apparently most of the email lists for these wineries are full. So I just got on the wait lists.

ben

wineismylife -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/10/2015 3:48:58 PM)

So far I haven't seen anything listed that's made me want to reach for my wallet.

BenNoir -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/10/2015 3:53:49 PM)

Well let me know when something causes you to pull wallet.

I have not tasted anything from any of the wineries mentioned above, so I'm all ears.
Living on a horse ranch, I sort of liked the Horsepower web sight - but I have no clue about the wine.

ben

mtpisgah -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/10/2015 4:05:08 PM)

Myriad and Quivet syrah come out this month. I am saving my money for Berzerker Day and Sandlands. Maybe Rivers Marie but I like their cabs more than their pinot, and since I have realized I am drawn more to AFWE style wines, I will probably pass on their pinot.

smahk -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/10/2015 6:02:24 PM)

After attending wine auctions, I'd rather buy already aged wines, ready to drink, then purchase and cellar.

PLUS - I'm too lazy/not inclined to be on all the mailing list, take crap I don't want and fill my cellar with stuff so I can get a few coveted bottles.

But OH! Those auctions really give the purse a wallop!

LST -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/10/2015 9:26:32 PM)

I have enough wine for now. Nothing strikes me as a "must buy". If I skip a year and get dropped c'est tla vie..
I dropped a few lists as it's just not that important and a lot of other interesting things come up.

From the upcoming offerings I may check back in on:
- Aubert (Jan 12th/13th): CIX, Eastside, SugarShack
- Myriad
- Riverrain
- Maybach

Hollowine -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/10/2015 9:44:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bennor

Living on a horse ranch, I sort of liked the Horsepower web sight - but I have no clue about the wine.

ben

It's awesome. Sign up, it will be a while.

Fire Bill -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/10/2015 9:50:29 PM)

I'm actually pretty excited about Sojourn. I think their wines are worth the $. Just wondering if I should wait until berserker day to buy?

skifree -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/11/2015 1:10:40 PM)

Quilceda Creek paid for, big fan.

Betz offer for 3l, 5L, 6L came this week, expect regular sizes to be available next week. Halcon offer here, No Girls coming soon.

ccotton8 -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/11/2015 1:52:55 PM)

For me the buys that are coming that I will partake in are Horsepower, D&R, and Jack Quinn Cab. And if Crusewine ever gets back to me, a reorder of his sparklers.

Dehlinger will be doing a release soon, and would like to buy but it will not be the end of the world if I don't, however the 2012 Altamont Pinot Noir willl test me.

lockestep -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/11/2015 2:18:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fire Bill

I'm actually pretty excited about Sojourn. I think their wines are worth the $. Just wondering if I should wait until berserker day to buy?

the offers should still be open on Berzerker Day. If you think the Gaps Crown might sell out, you could lock it. After all you would only be saving a couple dollars. Otherwise why not wait and see?

Stirling -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/12/2015 3:24:45 PM)

One of the joys of being a Canadian: draconian tax laws and importation duties means no one will ship to us! Therefor no mailing list worries, just the privilege of paying twice what you do for booze that our government selects for us. Sigh....

mc2 wines -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/12/2015 4:05:43 PM)

Schrader offering on the 20th for those coming off the waitlist.

mwest -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/12/2015 6:39:29 PM)

Quilceda Creek hit today
Horsepower warned me to be ready
Rhys
CT barrel project
William Seylem
Kosta Brown
Betz

I am sure there are some I am forgetting

etc -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/12/2015 8:05:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mtpisgah
Maybe Rivers Marie but I like their cabs more than their pinot, and since I have realized I am drawn more to AFWE style wines, I will probably pass on their pinot.

+1

Neat Water Back -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/12/2015 9:25:28 PM)

When did the Sandlands notification come out? I've purchased everything allocate to me from both offerings and have not received a notice of a spring offering. When is the expected date?

RocAFella1 -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/13/2015 1:28:08 PM)

1/20 will be a busy day with Schrader, Rivers-Marie, and now Outpost.

mc2 wines -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/14/2015 9:05:42 AM)

Horsepower today. Was on the list last year and got allocated 1 each of a 3-pack of Syrah The Tribe, Syrah Eschalus, Grenache Eschalus (so 9 bottles total). Price went up to $115 (I think it was $110 last year). Shipping was absurd ($171 and I did the slowest form). But excited to get them!

Wine Gopher -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/14/2015 9:13:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mc2 wines

Horsepower today. Was on the list last year and got allocated 1 each of a 3-pack of Syrah The Tribe, Syrah Eschalus, Grenache Eschalus (so 9 bottles total). Price went up to $115 (I think it was $110 last year). Shipping was absurd ($171 and I did the slowest form). But excited to get them!

Same exact post but substitute $144 for the slowest shipping option to MN.

Sourdough -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/14/2015 9:18:51 AM)

Yikes! Shipping is really getting out of hand. And with reduced fuel costs the shippers are no doubt raking in profits. Time to buy Fed Ex stock I guess.

Apparently the winery is not making enough off of the wine so they feel they should make money on the shipping too! Surprised they aren't adding a mandatory gratuity! You should get air for less!

cjsavino -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/14/2015 10:50:01 AM)

Kapcsandy out today, $375 fr their Grand Vin, 100 pnts RP and the Roberta's for $350 but only 99 pnts RP. Guess the $25 buys the extra point.

Franklin 10 -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/14/2015 11:07:24 AM)

Littorai
Kistler
Outpost
L. Mawby

mclancy10006 -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/14/2015 2:03:48 PM)

Betz today, QC last week, more to follow no doubt.

-Mark

BRR -> RE: INCOMING!!! (1/14/2015 2:54:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: etc

quote:

ORIGINAL: mtpisgah
Maybe Rivers Marie but I like their cabs more than their pinot, and since I have realized I am drawn more to AFWE style wines, I will probably pass on their pinot.

+1

Okay, please help me: what is, "AFWE?"

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI