Livermore Winery This Weekend.. Ideas? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion

Wine Time -> Livermore Winery This Weekend.. Ideas? (1/18/2018 7:50:48 PM)

Wife and I are headed to Livermore, CA this weekend and only have time to hit one or two wineries. Can anyone recommend two must wineries to visit.

Thanks

Jenise -> RE: Livermore Winery This Weekend.. Ideas? (1/18/2018 10:28:06 PM)

Without knowing your tastes or budget, I can suggest the first place I'd go: Wente Bros. It's one of California's oldest and most historic wineries, and not only does it remain family-owned after nearly a century, the current winemaker's last name is--drum roll please--Wente! He's the great great great great (or something like that) grandson of the founder. Besides pinot and chardonnay I don't know what else they do, but for $15 average retail their Morning Fog chardonnay (they make several chards, but this one's my preference) drinks like twice the price and has no equal at that price point. It's a real piece of California wine history.

CranBurgundy -> RE: Livermore Winery This Weekend.. Ideas? (1/19/2018 4:40:54 AM)

Is it pure coincidence that a town full of alcoholic beverage makers is named Livermore? I bet your liver will be working more.... probably overtime!

Wine Time -> RE: Livermore Winery This Weekend.. Ideas? (1/19/2018 7:22:18 AM)

Thank You Jenise, that was one that is on our list. We love big and bold Cabs. Have a great weekend.

dsGris -> RE: Livermore Winery This Weekend.. Ideas? (1/19/2018 9:31:12 AM)

We used to drink Wente many years ago and always impressed with the quality. It was long ago way before plantings in the WV, but was a favorite of the time. Cannot recall what variety, I was drinking whites at the time, maybe a Gevertz, but that was the era of generic wine names.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI