Safe Harbour Wine Storage - Baltimore, MD (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion

popquizkid -> Safe Harbour Wine Storage - Baltimore, MD (4/5/2018 12:34:34 PM)

Anyone on the forum have any recent experience with Safe Harbour Wine Storage in the Baltimore, MD area?

I am a long time customer that is recently running into issues and was wondering if others are having similar problems.

CranBurgundy -> RE: Safe Harbour Wine Storage - Baltimore, MD (4/5/2018 2:03:28 PM)

Can we ask what kind of issues?

I've heard some horror stories about several wine storage businesses, even one where the owner stole / sold millions of $$$ worth of high end bottles from his customers.

popquizkid -> RE: Safe Harbour Wine Storage - Baltimore, MD (4/5/2018 2:11:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CranBurgundy

I've heard some horror stories about several wine storage businesses, even one where the owner stole / sold millions of $$$ worth of high end bottles from his customers.

At this time I am not sure I would like to get into ALL the details publicly.

The short of it -- I have stored wine there for 8 years. Never had issues until the past few months. Recently arranged to pickup / dropoff bottles and was told they no longer allow customers in the warehouse-- due to "insurance" issues. Since customers are not longer allowed self service I have requested delivery of my entire amount wine that is in storage. Original delivery has been delayed and the owner is giving me the run-around. Not good.

CranBurgundy -> RE: Safe Harbour Wine Storage - Baltimore, MD (4/5/2018 2:13:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: popquizkid

quote:

ORIGINAL: CranBurgundy

At this time I am not sure I would like to get into ALL the details publicly.

The short of it -- I have stored wine there for 8 years. Never had issues until the past few months. Recently arranged to pickup / dropoff bottles and was told they no longer allow customers in the warehouse-- due to "insurance" issues. Since customers are not longer allowed self service I have requested delivery of my entire amount wine that is in storage. Original delivery has been delayed and the owner is giving me the run-around. Not good.

Call a lawyer, or maybe the police, and get access to your property immediately. I know this sounds like overreacting, but something fishy is going on and showing up with the police will force the owner's hand.

dhp. -> RE: Safe Harbour Wine Storage - Baltimore, MD (4/5/2018 2:31:06 PM)

Good luck.

popquizkid -> RE: Safe Harbour Wine Storage - Baltimore, MD (4/5/2018 2:42:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dhp.

Good luck.

Thanks -- I think I'll need it. Do not have a good feeling about this.

ob2s -> RE: Safe Harbour Wine Storage - Baltimore, MD (4/5/2018 9:16:44 PM)

Elaine Gore is the listed owner.

quote:

ORIGINAL: popquizkid

quote:

ORIGINAL: dhp.

Good luck.

Thanks -- I think I'll need it. Do not have a good feeling about this.

popquizkid -> RE: Safe Harbour Wine Storage - Baltimore, MD (4/6/2018 1:21:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ob2s

Elaine Gore is the listed owner.

Assuming you got that information on Manta? To my knowledge that is incorrect and that is not who is listed in the Maryland State Business Entity search. The person listed there is who I have communicated with since I started storing there.

ericindc -> RE: Safe Harbour Wine Storage - Baltimore, MD (4/6/2018 9:36:14 PM)

You might want to cross post on wineberserkers.com. There are alot of people in the DC/Balt area on that site as well. Several of them were caught up in the premier cru, and NY storage fiascos, so they may be able to give you some additional thoughts.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI