restaurant wine list, curious (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support

SteveG -> restaurant wine list, curious (4/12/2019 7:45:16 AM)

at this link:

https://www.cellartracker.com/winelist.asp?fShowInventory=1&fDelivered=1&Style=HybridFlat&Font=sans&Price=0&fQuantity=1&fBinAtRight=

it seems that some regions sort (for example) all "white" wines together, while some regions have separate headings for each varietal. How does this function so I can understand how to get the display I might want?

Also, there are things like Beaujolais in Burgundy, which is one of the regions which does not break out the grape.

Thanks,

Steve

Eric -> RE: restaurant wine list, curious (4/12/2019 8:23:41 AM)

The HYBRID generally shows the REGION in OLD-WORLD countries and the VARIETY in NEW-WORLD countries. It sounds like that confuses you, but it has been largely the same since 2003 when I introduced the feature. I recommend you use other variants and avoid the hybrid option.

SteveG -> RE: restaurant wine list, curious (4/12/2019 10:05:20 AM)

Agreed, I don't think anything has changed.

I am on the Restaurant Style Wine List tab of the "print Lists and Labels" popup.

I do not see the word "hybrid"

I only use the "traditional" wine lists

The first choice groups all white Jura and Loire (as examples) each under one heading by region regardless of variety , while Alsace, Franken, Pfaltz (examples) have individual headings for each Variety within Region

I am asking because the way I use saved sorts is primarily: Individual Wine within Master Variety within region, but I can't seem to produce this on a restaurant-style list (and perhaps I simply can't)

Thanks as always!

Eric -> RE: restaurant wine list, curious (4/12/2019 10:09:56 AM)

We call it HYBRID internally. (Just look at the parameters in the link you posted.) It is synonymous with TRADITIONAL.

Germany does not follow the same sort of rules as Italy, Spain, and most of France, as varietal labeling is the norm. And Alsace clearly follows German rules.

The restaurant style wine list is totally different code from the search you mention. They do not follow the same rules.

SteveG -> RE: restaurant wine list, curious (4/12/2019 10:27:20 AM)

thanks, clears that up!

Eric -> RE: restaurant wine list, curious (4/12/2019 10:32:43 AM)

Well, it is only sort of clear. This flavor of the printed lists have an intentional "fudge factor" to try and emulate what you tend to see on a lot of restaurant wine lists.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI