Variety filtering. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support

vingrisen -> Variety filtering. (9/7/2019 12:21:23 AM)

When I filter my cellar inventory by colour(red) and variety(Pinot Noir), my bottles of German Spätburgunder are included.
However - when I try to do the same filtering running a drinkability report, the same bottles are excluded.
Any Logic behind this? I would like to have them incorporated in any Pinot Noir-listing.

Eric -> RE: Variety filtering. (9/7/2019 8:10:55 AM)

Filter on MasterVarietal and not on Varietal.

Eric -> RE: Variety filtering. (9/7/2019 10:44:43 AM)

I looked at the logs.

When you queried your cellar you used a keyword search of "pinot noir". That also returns the Spatburger, because we include the master variety (Pinot Noir) as part of the hidden search terms for keyword search.
When you queried your READY TO DRINK report you used a different search, this time picking the structured VARIETY parameter and specifying Pinot Noir. That is a totally different search.

Both queries behaved exactly to specification. Both views have the exact same query behavior. You just chose to query in two different ways.

If you want to do a structured search, then use the Master Variety field instead of the Variety field. Or use a keyword search on the master variety in both views.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI