Winery swag (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion

ChrisinCowiche -> Winery swag (8/9/2023 11:24:32 AM)

What is the neatest swag you have gotten from a winery as part of a purchase/allocation/club?

My favorites through years have been...

Pencils! Erica Orr includes High quality pencils with erasers like you used in elementary school or lab work. It's her nod to her lab background taking notes and do lab recordkeeping.

Sweatshirt - Kobayashi just offered/included these so I haven't seen it yet, but looking forward to it.

Ball Cap - Weathereye included that out of the blue a while back. Nice hat that I enjoy wearing.

Barrels - Not exactly "included" but I have sourced empty, usable wine barrels from both (Neil) Cooper and JB Neufeld at below market pricing. Most of my fleet, maybe 4-6 still usable, say JBN so they have Justin's good mojo goin on. .

Jelly - [8|] [8|][8|]

Ok what else is out there?

wineismylife -> RE: Winery swag (8/9/2023 12:11:16 PM)

Tablas Creek usually sends something out to members every August. This year I got an Ah So with their name on it. Last year was a metal water bottle. Year before was a package of wildflower seeds that are pollinators when fully grown.

DoubleD1969 -> RE: Winery swag (8/9/2023 12:27:05 PM)

Macdonald baseball cap

BornToRhone -> RE: Winery swag (8/9/2023 12:37:43 PM)

Liquid Farm twice provided a reusable logo bag. After 8 yrs I still use them.
Realm sent me a very nice decanter - I have not yet used it. (I already have 4 decanters.)

Blue Shorts -> RE: Winery swag (8/9/2023 12:55:28 PM)

Ball cap - Still wear it
Ah So cork puller
Pewter wine bottle coaster
Calendar

S1 -> RE: Winery swag (8/9/2023 1:19:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BornToRhone

Liquid Farm twice provided a reusable logo bag. After 8 yrs I still use them.

Holy crap, a BtR sighting!!
How y'all doin?

I love those logo bags.
I also received a Liquid Farm corkscrew and a set of blind tasting bags, numbered 1-6.

motoring -> RE: Winery swag (8/9/2023 1:32:41 PM)

Barlow cellars in Calistoga. over time with the club we received a decanter, a cool art print, and on the 10th anniversary of joining the club an etched magnum from that vintage.

Hollowine -> RE: Winery swag (8/10/2023 7:40:32 AM)

WeatherEye sent out an unexpected box a few months back. Had a nice ball cap, a hydroflask coffee cup, and a note pad.

ChrisinCowiche -> RE: Winery swag (8/10/2023 9:14:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hollowine

WeatherEye sent out an unexpected box a few months back. Had a nice ball cap, a hydroflask coffee cup, and a note pad.

I had forgotten the stuff besides the hat, but yes, a nice gift!

On reusable wine tote bags, those are always nice and sometimes I intentionally ask for one or buy the 4 or 6 pack needed to get one. Had an odd experience a couple years ago at a wine dinner on Bainbridge Island. The Restaurant hosting was including nice 6 pack wine bags with their logo for customers adding extra wine to take home. I added a full case of 12 bottles and got a cardboard box. I asked about getting a bag and was told those were for 6-packs only. Hunh? She saw the look on my face and "found" one to include with my case. I would have expected 2, but I left it at that. Math is hard!

mtpisgah -> RE: Winery swag (8/10/2023 9:31:07 AM)

I received three of the Liquid Farm corkscrews, they are my favorite. No other swag that I can think of.

fingers -> RE: Winery swag (8/10/2023 11:42:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinCowiche

Jelly - [8|] [8|][8|]

BSE - Best Swag Ever [sm=kiss.gif]

daviladc -> RE: Winery swag (8/10/2023 1:47:32 PM)

Some nice logo engraved wine glasses from Caldwell, a decanter and special bottle of wine from Moone-Tsai, beautiful wine key from Acumen, and Christmas food gifts from Fairchild.

One of the best "gifts" ever was a text message after a hurricane that hit Myrtle Beach. Larry Tsai let us know he would send replacement bottles if our cellar was damaged in the storm.

Really thankful for the gifts.

Blue Shorts -> RE: Winery swag (8/10/2023 2:07:20 PM)

quote:

Larry Tsai let us know he would send replacement bottles if our cellar was damaged in the storm.

Wow. That is exceptionally caring. Makes me want to purchase their wines.

KPB -> RE: Winery swag (8/10/2023 3:15:10 PM)

I've received gifts of wine a few times from winemakers I know pretty well. But not sure those count as swag. And olive oil -- I received some great Napa olive oil totally out of the blue once. The only issue being that while I loved it, my wife thought it was way too peppery. So when they started to offer it for sale a year later, I wasn't a buyer... I still regret that, actually. But on the other hand, an olive oil my wife finds unacceptable just isn't a very useful thing to have in the kitchen!

S1 -> RE: Winery swag (8/10/2023 5:27:11 PM)

@KPB

Like button![;)]

ImUrHuckleberry -> RE: Winery swag (8/10/2023 7:46:41 PM)

Never anything from a winery, but Ansonia has given me bottles of wine, Champagne, and 2 Grassl Cru stems.

Sourdough -> RE: Winery swag (8/11/2023 10:42:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fingers

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinCowiche

Jelly - [8|] [8|][8|]

BSE - Best Swag Ever [sm=kiss.gif]

++++1

lockestep -> RE: Winery swag (8/12/2023 1:32:40 PM)

Images are the bane of my posting.

recotte -> RE: Winery swag (8/13/2023 12:05:26 PM)

Gee, I guess I'm not a good enough customer to merit the Weathereye swag! [>:]

Let's see, Reynvaan once sent a particularly nice waiter's corkscrew, there's a Tablas Creek tote bag that I use for the beach, a sweet tie-dye bandana from Goat Rocks, and, of course, JELLY!

KPB -> RE: Winery swag (8/13/2023 5:17:16 PM)

Recotte, even one of those would be beyond awesome. As a guy with nothing, gosh, a corkscrew would be cool…

I do have lots of wood cases. But I guess they don’t count. I burn them. Cranburgundy used his wood cases to build a fence to protect his stash of the wine that must never be named. But you can actually read the name of that wine off his fence, as it turns out.

bradbobaggins -> RE: Winery swag (8/13/2023 5:26:29 PM)

Back when I had a bunch of extras coming from a local shop who just tossed them, I'd use wood cases for kindling. They're really the best for getting the fire pit going on a Friday evening!

ImUrHuckleberry -> RE: Winery swag (8/14/2023 4:15:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KPB
Cranburgundy used his wood cases to build a fence to protect his stash of the wine that must never be named. But you can actually read the name of that wine off his fence, as it turns out.

This reminded me of that old Steve Martin skit about penis enlargement cream shipped discretely in a package labeled "not penis enlargement cream".

BobInNH -> RE: Winery swag (8/14/2023 8:32:32 AM)

Windward, in Paso Robles, when we signed up for their wine club after a tasting they gave us two beautiful logo wine glasses and a great book on wines. Not sure if they do that for everyone but we struck up a nice rapport with the owner's son. BTW, a boutique winery, about 1500 cases/yr, only Pinot. Fabulous wines.

ChrisinCowiche -> RE: Winery swag (10/9/2023 11:28:18 AM)

Sorry for the scare, but got this nice hat over the weekend from my friends at JB Neufeld...

[img]https://i.ibb.co/1KBScys/JB-Hat-1.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.ibb.co/d2fRwsp/JB-hat-2.jpg[/img]

BenNoir -> RE: Winery swag (10/11/2023 10:17:32 AM)

Nice hat

ChrisinCowiche -> RE: Winery swag (11/2/2023 2:51:13 PM)

I met Travis and Mario in Yakima's Target parking lot today and scored the Kobayashi sweatshirt (along with the wines). I got Barbilocks' size since she likes black and zipper sweatshirts. Very Nice!!!!

[image]https://i.ibb.co/CMsH3Cq/koba-2.jpg[/image]
[image]https://i.ibb.co/zs4SQ51/koba-3.jpg[/image]
[img]https://i.ibb.co/s94dPgX/koba1.jpg[/img]

Blue Shorts -> RE: Winery swag (11/2/2023 3:29:10 PM)

quote:

got this nice hat over the weekend from my friends at JB Neufeld...

I got a very similar hat from Tablas Creek a few years back. Nice swag.[:)]

wadcorp -> RE: Winery swag (11/4/2023 3:29:27 PM)

Didn't pick up any winery swag while in the Santa Barbara / Los Olivos area.

Did pick up wine.

I need to add a post to that thread I created…

ChrisinCowiche -> RE: Winery swag (11/12/2023 11:10:09 AM)

Not sure if this counts as swag. We drank a 2012 JB Neufeld Artz Cab last week during an on-line harvest update tasting. A few days later Justin shows up at our house with a case of wine we had ordered, plus a Bonus Bottle. A library 1.5L of the 2012 Artz! I stole the label off the empty 750 and added it to the bigger bottle.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/s2NGK6V/jbn-artz-back.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.ibb.co/MVzvB0v/jbn-Artz-front.jpg[/img]

recotte -> RE: Winery swag (11/12/2023 11:37:00 AM)

Definitely a nice freebie!

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI