RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion

Ralphs Bar -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/4/2023 11:58:41 AM)

quote:

I was so hoping to get a bottle after watching this review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPz5o9gnpXU

California Wine Institute Youtube channel? Unsubscribed.

This forum is always full of amazing resources.

yogi8938 -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/4/2023 5:55:05 PM)

Thanks for the link.

ChrisinCowiche -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/5/2023 8:40:43 AM)

• NV Boone's Farm Fuzzy Navel - USA, American (12/5/2023)
    Slung one down after receiving notice of last Secret Santa package is on its way for 2023.

There are still lots of sleighs on the road at the moment, so please keep a heads up for known by tracking number, or even unknown, arrivals of wine shaped boxes. Also, please shoot me a PM when you have it in your grubby hands.

Thanks to all for playing.

Heck, I ended up drinking 4 bottles since I picked up Barbilocks at the airport late yesterday; Whoo doggies! Last one was almost a 100 points! (99 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

• ChrisinCowiche -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/5/2023 9:00:59 AM)

• NV Boone's Farm Fuzzy Navel - USA, American (12/5/2023)
    Oh, I drank another bottle this morning after realizing something I said in a post a while back was not exactly true. In fact, it was precisely UNtrue. So I deleted it.

This is a clue for all of you wondering who your Secret Santa might be.

You're welcome! (96 pts.)
    Posted from CellarTracker

• Tpety -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/5/2023 11:57:48 AM)

What?

recotte -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/5/2023 6:18:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tpety

What?

I think there may be some brain damage from the Boone's consumption.

In other news, I just looked up the tracking info for my inbound package. North Pole by way of Anchorage, AK.

I suspect shenanigans.

River Rat -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/6/2023 6:35:45 PM)

I just looked up mine since it was scheduled to arrive today.

[image]https://i.ibb.co/QPj6KxB/IMG-1267.jpg[/image]

Hmmm…[8|]

mgriffith -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/7/2023 5:08:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: recotte

quote:

What?

I think there may be some brain damage from the Boone's consumption.

In other news, I just looked up the tracking info for my inbound package. North Pole by way of Anchorage, AK.

I suspect shenanigans.

NO! No one here would EVER do shenanigans!

mgriffith -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/7/2023 7:36:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: River Rat

Hmmm…[8|]

USPS tracking is .... iffy,

I've had things delivered when the tracking still showed that USPS was awaiting the package.

ChrisinCowiche -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/7/2023 10:07:18 AM)

Shenanigans? Never!

[img]https://i.ibb.co/gVsBsXW/santa-2023.jpg[/img]

ern1 -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/7/2023 1:24:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mgriffith

quote:

ORIGINAL: River Rat

Hmmm…[8|]

USPS tracking is .... iffy,

I've had things delivered when the tracking still showed that USPS was awaiting the package.

If we cant trust the USPS then who on earth can we trust [sm=tongue.gif]

wineismylife -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/7/2023 2:49:47 PM)

I have to post this. USPS will take a wine shipment? Forever they wouldn't. Against the law to ship alcohol via USPS.

Claymonster -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/7/2023 3:40:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wineismylife

I have to post this. USPS will take a wine shipment? Forever they wouldn't. Against the law to ship alcohol via USPS.

I’m willing to bet that USPS is one of the largest transporters of drugs on the planet. They ship all kinds of things they shouldn’t when senders aren’t fully honest about what’s inside the package.

River Rat -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/7/2023 6:23:40 PM)

quote:

Assuming I actually received wine today? Yes. Package reads it’s from Santa though, not the USPS.

Slye -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/7/2023 7:23:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Claymonster

quote:

I’m willing to bet that USPS is one of the largest transporters of drugs on the planet. They ship all kinds of things they shouldn’t when senders aren’t fully honest about what’s inside the package.

As a lawyer, nay a law professor (which is less knowledgeable of real law) I am here to inform you that grape juice is not not being fully honest. Just to be clear I am not providing legal advice here because I can’t. But what I say is true. But you can’t rely on it.

wineismylife -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/8/2023 7:12:28 AM)

Well, a quick google search says shipping wine via USPS is still illegal.

ChrisinCowiche -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/8/2023 7:26:52 AM)

quote:

Shipping wine by any means without a permit is illegal. That is why this game ships olive oil to one another.

In related news, over 20 packages have been safely delivered by Santa so far this year, only a couple more still in transit. We could open tomorrow!!!!

But we won't do that! Because that would be illegal!

Tpety -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/8/2023 9:11:55 AM)

My apologies to my recipient for shipping so late and using USPS.

Slye -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/8/2023 9:12:51 AM)

quote:

Does this "Google" have a law degree? :-)

Actually to be a bit more serious, the problem is not shipping alcohol per se, it is who ships it -- and individuals without other organizational affiliation (i.e. a licensed liquor store for example) cannot ship alcohol legally.

Claymonster -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/8/2023 9:53:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Slye

As a lawyer, nay a law professor (which is less knowledgeable of real law) I am here to inform you that grape juice is not not being fully honest. Just to be clear I am not providing legal advice here because I can’t. But what I say is true. But you can’t rely on it.

It's funny you say that Slye because I was running a hypothetical situation through my head where I'm at the post office with a package of wine to ship and if I was asked to declare what was inside, I thought I'd say "grape juice" because that isn't inaccurate or dishonest.

Ralphs Bar -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/8/2023 10:37:44 AM)

quote:

Can you tell the class about mens rea please?

ChrisinCowiche -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/8/2023 11:54:07 AM)

And just like that, Every package has been delivered!!!!

Except for one, [8|] [8|] [8|] and that person is very undeserving of a gift anyway, since he is obviously very naughty. He might sue me for defamation, him being a law professor and all, if I didn't have so much evidence of his malfeasance.

Tpety -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/8/2023 12:00:40 PM)

Am I the only non Lawyer on this board? Someone has to sell groceries.

ChrisinCowiche -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/8/2023 12:03:59 PM)

quote:

Am I the only non Lawyer on this board? Someone has to sell groceries.

Oh, I'm not a lawyer. I'm a lowly Engineer who works for companies that MAKE the groceries. I just play a lawyer sometimes on the internet!

Slye -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/8/2023 1:53:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ralphs Bar

quote:

Can you tell the class about mens rea please?

It is a group of people of the male sex who come together and try to do something real but fail.

wadcorp -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/8/2023 2:31:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinCowiche

And just like that, Every package has been delivered!!!!

You're welcome.

ChrisinCowiche -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/8/2023 2:59:50 PM)

Nicely played, Phil!!! [:D][:D][:D]

River Rat -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/9/2023 6:42:28 AM)

quote:

I’m holding my USPS wine shipment in my hands. I feel so dirty!

River Rat -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/9/2023 6:44:33 AM)

quote:

My apologies to my recipient for shipping so late and using USPS.

You’re such a tease.

dad300 -> RE: Secret Santa 2023 - Sign Up HERE!!! (12/9/2023 6:56:57 AM)

Just realized i will be working reveal day.. wont be online til well in to the night.. .

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI