Guess the wine (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion

Eduardo787 -> Guess the wine (3/28/2024 2:43:20 PM)

Might be fun to play this game. Based on the latest reviews.....

It's like bad vanilla ice cream. No personality. Sweet, fruity, too much artifical oak. The color seems artificial too. I understand the "new world" XXX profile, but this is ridiculous 50 points
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I would rate lower if i could. Notes of blueberry yogurt, mega purple, and dogshit. Flabby, soulless, and reeks of spineless capitalists. It's a more expensive version of xxxx, but at least xxxx does not claim to be a luxurious product. What an embarrassing excuse for "wine". 51 points
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Colour: very purple, artificial colour

Nose: Very fruit forward and strong oak

Palate: it tastes artificial and very sweet for a XXX, way overly oaked. Very low tannin as well

For me this is undrinkable oak juice 50 points.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This is absolutely one of the worst wines I have ever tasted. And it’s expensive. Manufactured sweet red fruit nose that competes with overly aggressive oak. The palate tastes more like ice cream than wine. It’s heavy, alcoholic and artificial - devoid of anything that resembles a harvested beverage. Would overpower a habanero pepper. Gross. Should have ordered the Guigal CdR for $100. 65 points
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Decanter it walk away for an hour or so, the fruit forward that some reviewers talked about subsides and that more traditional___________ appears and I begin to take smaller and smaller sips because I just don’t want it to be over. Great wine easily stands up next to other ______ from same region . 95 pts

Eduardo787 -> RE: Guess the wine (3/28/2024 2:45:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eduardo787

Sorry editing

Wine Grove -> RE: Guess the wine (3/28/2024 3:54:09 PM)

I'll play... my guess:

The Prisoner

Redrunners -> RE: Guess the wine (3/28/2024 4:17:02 PM)

Hard to narrow down, so many choices

Mollydooker?
Meiomi?

Tempted to vote Caymus, but the low tannin note throws that off

Eduardo787 -> RE: Guess the wine (3/28/2024 4:32:27 PM)

Ok ok ok, I get it. So a few hints. I will not give any more.

- Its a well know wine with high production
- New world (of course)
- If its not a single varietal at least on the bottle and by law shows only 1 grape ( So, no, its not our beloved Prisioner but GREAT guess)

KPB -> RE: Guess the wine (3/28/2024 5:44:40 PM)

I think it could be a Russ Bevan wine, but he makes a lot of wines…

WineGuyCO -> RE: Guess the wine (3/28/2024 7:20:50 PM)

CA Cabs from Caymus, Outpost, Lewelling, Quivet…all of the garbage I won’t even use to cook with.

peeks13 -> RE: Guess the wine (3/28/2024 8:35:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: WineGuyCO

CA Cabs from Caymus, Outpost, Lewelling, Quivet…all of the garbage I won’t even use to cook with.

Going with:
1) Caymus regular cab - not the SS
2) Silver Oak - Alexander Valley
3) Maybe a high priced cab from Paso

DoubleD1969 -> RE: Guess the wine (3/28/2024 9:32:07 PM)

I’m guessing that one of the notes suggested restaurant pricing, the wine was around $80 on the list. [Lamenting on the second choice Guigal CdR at $100 which is highway robbery. Retail for Guigal CdR is around $15 - $20.]. The wine in question could priced similarly if not slightly cheaper. So my guess is 7 Deadly Zins.

Eduardo787 -> RE: Guess the wine (3/28/2024 9:52:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DoubleD1969

I’m guessing that one of the notes suggested restaurant pricing, the wine was around $80 on the list. [Lamenting on the second choice Guigal CdR at $100 which is highway robbery. Retail for Guigal CdR is around $15 - $20.]. The wine in question could priced similarly if not slightly cheaper. So my guess is 7 Deadly Zins.

Yeah, I dont know why that tasting notes says that but no, its not a cheap wine (lower shelf supermarket wine).

Tomorrow the reveal to give some chance to others

WineGuyCO -> RE: Guess the wine (3/28/2024 9:56:11 PM)

Something overpriced from TRB?

Paul852 -> RE: Guess the wine (3/29/2024 4:14:01 AM)

All I would say is almost certainly from the USA. I very rarely drink American wine because "No personality. Sweet, fruity, too much artifical oak. The color seems artificial too. " applies to far too many of them, even at very high prices, for it to be worth the risk of trying new ones.

Eduardo787 -> RE: Guess the wine (3/29/2024 3:12:53 PM)

CAYMUS CABERNET 2021

Wine Grove -> RE: Guess the wine (3/29/2024 3:21:46 PM)

After I threw out Prisoner, Caymus did cross my mind and i think someone else mentioned Caymus, and I also thought Silver oak too, but silver oak I admittedly like it somewhat and is lighter expression than these other syrup bombs.

skifree -> RE: Guess the wine (3/29/2024 3:35:34 PM)

Here is a review from today for the 2021 Caymus Cab:

3/29/2024 - XxxxXxxxx WROTE:100 Points
Tastes like wannabe oenophile tears, delicious!

[:D][:D][:D]

Time to use the "block this user" capability lol.

peeks13 -> RE: Guess the wine (4/1/2024 1:22:02 PM)

OK, Eduardo. Waiting for the next one. And don't play the April Fools angle and make it a wine in a box.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI