Seller's Forum? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion

Khamen -> Seller's Forum? (1/13/2010 3:52:39 AM)

Just a thought - how about a new forum heading outside of general that is for sellers/merchants/offers (or even community members who are selling)?

It would mean we didn't get (rare I know) spam on general, and if a community member wanted to sell something they could post it up there? We don't all have access to the marketplace thing globally.

K

Colonel Lawrence -> RE: Seller's Forum? (1/13/2010 4:30:12 AM)

You buying or selling?
I'm up for both.
Swapping even - e.g. my Super Second, for your 1er Cru Burgundy.
L.

pbm -> RE: Seller's Forum? (1/13/2010 4:49:26 AM)

Very funny. I was just thinking last night about starting a thread called "Swap?" because I have a bunch of Mondavi Reserve that I don't think I'm going to get the price for that I want and thought there may be other folks in the same situation with wines they'd be interested in exchanging.

Hollowine -> RE: Seller's Forum? (1/13/2010 5:01:19 AM)

I agree this is a good idea. Wine Berserkers has a similar forum.

mj -> RE: Seller's Forum? (1/13/2010 6:43:14 AM)

How would that affect Eric's relationship with Vinfolio?  Regardless, I like the idea.  -mJ

ob2s -> RE: Seller's Forum? (1/13/2010 10:33:01 AM)

probably would have to be offsite...

pbm -> RE: Seller's Forum? (1/13/2010 11:04:04 AM)

I'm lost. From what I can tell this is an unbelievably open wine-related forum with essentially no restrictions regarding commentary, activity, etc on relevant topics. People have run posts offering their whole cellar for sale. We're talking about swapping a few bottles or cases, not competing with retailers and third party facilitators in the sale of wine. We regularly critique, bash, praise, question, etc all kinds of business partners of CT. Why should a simple swap thread be off site?

And don't forget the Mondavi Reserve I'm trying to unload.....

DoubleD1969 -> RE: Seller's Forum? (1/13/2010 12:32:04 PM)

How do you see someone else's cellar?  I'd be interested in swapping wines that I am interested in trying -- older Quilceda Creeks (1999s, 2000s, 2001s), Leonetti's, older Spanish wines.

Sorry pbm, but I have enough 2001 Cali Cabs ...

ob2s -> RE: Seller's Forum? (1/13/2010 12:36:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pbm
I'm lost. From what I can tell this is an unbelievably open wine-related forum with essentially no restrictions regarding commentary, activity, etc on relevant topics. People have run posts offering their whole cellar for sale.

I am not against it of course, but to have anything other than a single messy thread will probably not happen since that takes code. Swapping is still a form of  CT commerce obviously.

mj -> RE: Seller's Forum? (1/13/2010 12:40:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ob2s

quote:

ORIGINAL: pbm
I'm lost. From what I can tell this is an unbelievably open wine-related forum with essentially no restrictions regarding commentary, activity, etc on relevant topics. People have run posts offering their whole cellar for sale.

I am not against it of course, but to have anything other than a single messy thread will probably not happen since that takes code. Swapping is still a form of  CT commerce obviously.

Since when is 11 too much?  =)  -mJ

grafstrb -> RE: Seller's Forum? (1/13/2010 1:48:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mj

How would that affect Eric's relationship with Vinfolio? 

my guess would be, "not at all." i signed-up for Vinfolio, but honestly can't figure out how to tag bottles in my cellar that i'm willing to sell. whatever ... it was really more of a curiosity more than anything else.

i don't think there's enough selling/trading traffic on this board to merit a separate forum for it, though.

deb293 -> RE: Seller's Forum? (1/13/2010 5:41:05 PM)

quote:

How do you see someone else's cellar?
DD, you can only do this if the person has made his/her cellar public.  Not everyone has.  If the cellar is public, then select "users" on the main page and type the name in which you are interested.  The rest should be pretty intuitive. You must be logged in to do this.  You have always been able to see my cellar, for instance.

deb293 -> RE: Seller's Forum? (1/13/2010 5:49:49 PM)

I struggled with this as well, but it turned out to be less complicated than I thought.  Just go to the individual wine you want to sell and tag it as "sell this wine."  It will be highlighted off to the left in a sidebar, specific to "Tasks (this wine); sell this wine."  Second grouping down.

quote:

i don't think there's enough selling/trading traffic on this board to merit a separate forum for it, though.
That may ultimately be true, but even if it were not, Eric probably doesn't want to get involved in e-commerce, and Vinfolio keeps everything less personal.  Happy so far.

grafstrb -> RE: Seller's Forum? (1/13/2010 6:12:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: deb293

I struggled with this as well, but it turned out to be less complicated than I thought.  Just go to the individual wine you want to sell and tag it as "sell this wine."  It will be highlighted off to the left in a sidebar, specific to "Tasks (this wine); sell this wine."  Second grouping down.

cool ... thank you![image]http://www.cellartracker.com/forum/image/s1.gif[/image]

DoubleD1969 -> RE: Seller's Forum? (1/13/2010 7:09:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: deb293

quote:

How do you see someone else's cellar?
DD, you can only do this if the person has made his/her cellar public.  Not everyone has.  If the cellar is public, then select "users" on the main page and type the name in which you are interested.  The rest should be pretty intuitive. You must be logged in to do this.  You have always been able to see my cellar, for instance.
Ah, I see. Thanks Deb!

deb293 -> RE: Seller's Forum? (1/13/2010 7:50:33 PM)

Ah, the power is unleashed!  Use it wisely...

I should mention that the "buddy" thing is the way one makes one's cellar viewable to a select few.  That is the case with us, DD. (Now stop ogling the Solaia...[:)])

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI