CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: I suck at CT...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: I suck at CT... Page: <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I suck at CT... - 12/9/2022 8:16:01 AM   
eyewino

quote:

ORIGINAL: wadcorp

Just did an inventory yesterday, and found 6-7 "Missing Presumed Drunk" wines.

Suckification indeed.

Only 6-7? That sounds like a victory to me!

-Don

In Vino Veritas

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 421
RE: I suck at CT... - 6/29/2023 7:37:36 PM   
skifree

I ran my "Wines Ready to Drink" report today - so 2009 Cayuse en Cerise and 2010 Quilceda Creek Red wine were at the top. Not what I expected but c'est la vie.

OK, always happy to drink an en Cerise. Except - there were not 2 bottles but only 1. Now it's looking too special for a meatloaf Thursday.

OK, look for the QC red. Nope, it doesn't exist either.

Pull some random bottles from the "overflow" section where the QC red lives, and what do I find? A 2010 Betz Besoleil! WTF? I thought that was gone years ago! At least it is drinkable if on the downward slide.....

I feel like I have earned a "truly suck" badge at the moment.

So much wine, so little time

(in reply to eyewino)
Post #: 422
RE: I suck at CT... - 6/29/2023 9:10:41 PM   
jmcmchi

Wines ready to drink report? That’s way above my level

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 423
RE: I suck at CT... - 6/30/2023 7:31:50 AM   
wineismylife

Nothing says suck like going into your cellar and striking 3 times for an out.

Joe

Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ http://www.wineismylife.net/

(in reply to jmcmchi)
Post #: 424
RE: I suck at CT... - 10/31/2023 1:33:35 PM   
eyewino

I just completed a complete inventory. It had been two years since my last one. Twelve "missing and presumed drunk" and one "found" bottle. (Why can't it ever be the other way around?) With an annual consumption and purchase rate of approximately 270 bottles yearly each way, I consider that not too bad. Perhaps I should start a thread "I don't suck at CT as badly as I thought."

Anyway, it gave me several pleasurable hours in my cellar "fondling my bottles", as my wife likes to say.

-Don

In Vino Veritas

(in reply to wineismylife)
Post #: 425
RE: I suck at CT... - 10/31/2023 3:59:53 PM   
fingers

CT Forum, aka "The Bottle Fondler's Support Group"

(in reply to eyewino)
Post #: 426
RE: I suck at CT... - 11/3/2023 10:06:08 AM   
sastewart

When I lived in Chicago I used to do a complete inventory of my walk in cellar once a year and there were always 8 to 10 missing presumed drunk and usually 3 to 6 wines that never got into cellartracker. The cellar was organized by type and then region - No problem!

Since I moved to Nashville 6 years ago I have wine in 6 locations in 2 states and cannot really do a complete inventory. The wine moves from place to place and I never spend enough time in Chicago to really do a thorough inventory. I try but I expect I have about 50 bottles MISSING, PRESUMED DRUNK!

I suck at Cellartracker.

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 427
RE: I suck at CT... - 1/13/2024 2:37:16 PM   
recotte

I joined CT on January 4, 2011. In the intervening years, I had never conducted a full physical inventory until I relocated the bulk of my wine from offsite to my newly constructed home cellar last year. Since then, it has taken me until today to fully update CT with the results. Do I suck at CT?

Yes, yes I do:

Missing, presumed drunk: 92
Purchases never logged: 25

I mean, in the grand scheme of things, that's no so bad, right?

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. - Oscar Wilde

(in reply to sastewart)
Post #: 428
RE: I suck at CT... - 1/14/2024 9:24:20 AM   
sastewart

quote:

ORIGINAL: recotte

I joined CT on January 4, 2011. In the intervening years, I had never conducted a full physical inventory until I relocated the bulk of my wine from offsite to my newly constructed home cellar last year. Since then, it has taken me until today to fully update CT with the results. Do I suck at CT?

Yes, yes I do:

Missing, presumed drunk: 92
Purchases never logged: 25

I mean, in the grand scheme of things, that's no so bad, right?

I actually think that is pretty impressive - When all of my wines were in my cellar in Chicago I took inventory every year and generally had about 8-10 MPD and 2-4 not logged in.
Since I moved and have wines in 5 separate locations in 2 states I try to inventory wines in the different areas when I visit but I can't do a true inventory so now I really suck at Cellartracker.

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 429
RE: I suck at CT... - 2/1/2024 11:50:08 AM   
skifree

My last inventory was 5 years ago, so thought I should do an inventory again (I can tell when I did my inventory because I have a very large number of bottles "drunk" in that particular month).

The first thing I find is a 2006 Abeja Cab Sauv mag that I marked as missing a year ago. Yup, I suck at CT. At least it was easy to "undrink" it.

(in reply to sastewart)
Post #: 430
RE: I suck at CT... - 2/1/2024 4:26:43 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

quote:

ORIGINAL: skifree

The first thing I find is a 2006 Abeja Cab Sauv mag that I marked as missing a year ago. Yup, I suck at CT. At least it was easy to "undrink" it.

I'd stop the audit on the positive note and call it good!

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 431
RE: I suck at CT... - 2/7/2024 12:24:46 PM   
Sourdough

+1

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 432
RE: I suck at CT... - 2/7/2024 12:25:09 PM   
Sourdough

+1

Post #: 433
RE: I suck at CT... - 2/16/2024 9:23:38 AM   
recotte

A different variation on how I suck at CT:

I've been dragging my feet on playing cellar Tetris to put away all of the shipments I've received over the last few months, and decided to finally tackle the job, with about 8 cases to find homes for. My cellar has double-deep racking, and each slot is labeled as a bin in CT for easy location when I want to pull a bottle. I exported my cellar to Excel so I could more easily identify both open slots and slots that had a single bottle so that I knew what kind of excess capacity* I was dealing with. That was all fine and dandy, but then, to my horror, I discovered that I had 3-4 bottles in some of the slots. A little investigation shows that I have 75 bottles in spots meant for 44. Hm.

Short of defying some laws of physics, the leading contender is that when updating CT when I first moved everything into the cellar from offsite, in my rush to be done with relocating ~900 bottles individually in CT, I fat fingered some, ending up, for example, with four bottles in LD10 (Left side, column D, row 10), instead of two in LD10 and two in LE10.

There may also be some "missing, presumed drunk" bottles in the mix. I have a culled list of problem bins, and I'll get them sorted out this weekend.

*After loading up the racks with fall/winter deliveries, there is no "excess capacity" in the racks. My overflow (since I have close to 900 bottles in a space with racking for 640) is stacks of Weinboxes on furniture dollies so that I can shift them around easily to reach the back columns of racks.

(in reply to Sourdough)
Post #: 434
RE: I suck at CT... - 2/16/2024 11:18:20 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

quote:

I've been dragging my feet on playing cellar Tetris to put away all of the shipments I've received over the last few months, and decided to finally tackle the job, with about 8 cases to find homes for. My cellar has double-deep racking, and each slot is labeled as a bin in CT for easy location when I want to pull a bottle. I exported my cellar to Excel so I could more easily identify both open slots and slots that had a single bottle so that I knew what kind of excess capacity* I was dealing with. That was all fine and dandy, but then, to my horror, I discovered that I had 3-4 bottles in some of the slots. A little investigation shows that I have 75 bottles in spots meant for 44. Hm.

Short of defying some laws of physics, the leading contender is that when updating CT when I first moved everything into the cellar from offsite, in my rush to be done with relocating ~900 bottles individually in CT, I fat fingered some, ending up, for example, with four bottles in LD10 (Left side, column D, row 10), instead of two in LD10 and two in LE10.

There may also be some "missing, presumed drunk" bottles in the mix. I have a culled list of problem bins, and I'll get them sorted out this weekend.

*After loading up the racks with fall/winter deliveries, there is no "excess capacity" in the racks. My overflow (since I have close to 900 bottles in a space with racking for 640) is stacks of Weinboxes on furniture dollies so that I can shift them around easily to reach the back columns of racks.

Ha! This helps explain why I could NEVER! use a row/column system. I am constantly grabbing and stuffing in the physical cellars/racks/frig with not much thought other than general vicinity. I rarely look for a specific wine, so that method works for me, but if I tried a CT system matching to individual slots it would be even more chaos.

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 435
RE: I suck at CT... - 2/16/2024 1:32:42 PM   
recotte

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinCowiche

quote:

Ha! This helps explain why I could NEVER! use a row/column system. I am constantly grabbing and stuffing in the physical cellars/racks/frig with not much thought other than general vicinity. I rarely look for a specific wine, so that method works for me, but if I tried a CT system matching to individual slots it would be even more chaos.

I'm reasonably organized, so, once these initial settling in hiccups are behind me, I think this will work well enough. My biggest concern is having singletons getting buried and forgotten.

Post #: 436
RE: I suck at CT... - 2/16/2024 7:22:29 PM   
skifree

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinCowiche

quote:

ORIGINAL: skifree

I'd stop the audit on the positive note and call it good!

Well, I didn't.

Pleasant surprises: 2 bottles of 2019 Canon, and one of 2012 Dom in the cellar but not in CT.

Unpleasant surprises: One less bottle of 2010 Montrose than I expected, and a 2004 Sandrone Barolo also gone.

Of course there were more than a few of "missing and presumed drunk", but those were mostly daily drinkers and champagne. My daughter loves champagne, so I often grab a bottle 2 minutes before we are headed to her house. C'est la vie.

Post #: 437
RE: I suck at CT... - 3/12/2024 3:14:35 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

Barbilocks opened a bottle of 2020 City Limits Where the Sidewalk Ends Zinfandel yesterday. I go to "drink" it on-line today and there is no record in CellarTracker. Full Pull records suggest that I picked up 5 bottles last summer. Hmmmm, I wonder what I else from that pick up didn't get added.

That plus 84 bottles pending at FP now, plus Berserker Days, plus de Negoce spending spree, plus spring releases has me dreading an audit... that may never happen.

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 438
RE: I suck at CT... - 3/14/2024 8:36:22 AM   
Sourdough

Well, Chris! You may suck at CT but it is nice to have hou here!

Post #: 439
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: I suck at CT... Page: <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI