CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

v 1.1.1 release notes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Release Notes >> v 1.1.1 release notes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v 1.1.1 release notes - 10/12/2003 2:30:18 PM   
Eric

Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 2:41 AM
Subject: CellarTracker! v1.1.1

This weekend was less productive than I would like. Chalk that up to some more work on behind the scenes maintenance and more learning about the world of Domain Name Servers on the World Wide Web. Some updates on that front:
  • I am pretty sure I finally licked the DNS issues that cropped up early Saturday morning. Whew! Let me know if you have problems seeing the site.
  • I have always had SQL doing automated backups on the database every 30 minutes. I beefed that up now to also have a scheduled job (a batch file) which copies the resulting backup and puts it on another machine on my home network. About once a week I will manually burn a copy of this onto a CD and move it offsite to guard against real physical disaster causing significant data loss.
  • I also installed Visual SourceSafe, and in fact the live web site you browse is now pulled directly from SourceSafe with no local edits. Source is thus continually backed up, and it is easy for me to keep all of my machines in sync (I edit the site on two other machines as my whims demand).

So that is all the behind the scenes stuff… On the feature front, I picked off a couple of easy items:
  • The Inventory table now has new columns for DrinkBy and Reconciled. The former expects just a year. (Patrick, I also went ahead and ported all the values over from your old data based on Bin location.) PLEASE NOTE: The user-interface for editing these in EDITINVENTORY.ASP is a bit awkward. If you intend to clear these columns there are some funny checkboxes you have to check. It’s actually pretty easy and logical, just not so pretty.
  • Earlier this evening Patrick found a cool bug whereby editing the drinking windows on a wine (and just the drinking windows) would actually delete the underlying wine definition in a mistaken attempt to ‘merge’ the wine with itself.

Patrick, this is mostly for you. The link format on the (still hidden) Inventory table is rather flexible. Here are a couple of sample links which you should find very useful.

http://www.cellartracker.com/list.asp?table=Inventory&W=DrinkBy%20IS%20NULL&O=Bin
http://www.cellartracker.com/list.asp?table=Inventory&W=DrinkBy='2003'

As always, feature suggestions, bugs and questions are always welcome. Keep posting those tasting notes and keep drinking great wines!

Thanks,
Eric LeVine

< Message edited by Eric -- 10/12/2003 2:30:42 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Release Notes >> v 1.1.1 release notes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message