CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread Page: <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 6/4/2014 1:23:51 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

Glad the Kiona sticky is working for folks.  I didn't get any from FP, as I can buy it locally.  And with these strong recommendations on the 2012 I will pick up a few.   Sean Sullivan, Washington Wine Report and Wine Enthusiast,  also lauded this wine again recently on his facebook page as being best QPR sticky out of the PacNW, (while jabbing the Canadians about price).

mc2 wines, yeah I got 6 each of today's Syrah offerings.    No peer pressure or anything, but I will be glad to pick up your pendings at Full Pull week after next (we are in Seattle area for vacation that week) and deliver to you 6/29 in PDX.  I can have it packed in a shipper. so you can check as luggage.  (Free if you are flying Alaska btw).   Let me know.  I've muled for folks before from FP, and am glad to do so again.  Fees may vary.

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to champagneinhand)
Post #: 901
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 6/4/2014 3:54:14 PM   
mc2 wines

We actually have 4 I think of the Kiona in our FP. Hmmmm... might need a few more wines to get us through the summer and certainly would be nice to get the Syncline Rose.

Happy to negotiate a deal

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 902
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 6/6/2014 12:17:08 PM   
gmbdds

I've never been moved to purchase Soos Creek before, but am getting more interested. Thoughts on today's offering, particularly considering the cool vintage? Many thanks.

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 903
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 6/6/2014 12:52:16 PM   
dontime

Love me some Soos Creek.

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to gmbdds)
Post #: 904
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 6/6/2014 1:07:34 PM   
Franklin 10

Got convinced on the 2010 Artist Series offer and went for a case which I'm still fired up about but haven't tried yet. Silver to tongued devil, he is.

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 905
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 6/6/2014 1:22:19 PM   
jrockman

Hmmm, need to check my email.

(in reply to Franklin 10)
Post #: 906
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 6/6/2014 1:34:50 PM   
joegish

Damn Paul....falling fast out of my self-imposed moratorium ......UGH.

Life is too short to drink bad wine

(in reply to jrockman)
Post #: 907
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 6/6/2014 1:43:43 PM   
jrockman

If I bought the 2010 Artist Series, then it stands to reason I must buy the 2011, right?

Right??

(in reply to joegish)
Post #: 908
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 6/6/2014 1:45:24 PM   
f22nickell

quote:

ORIGINAL: jrockman

If I bought the 2010 Artist Series, then it stands to reason I must buy the 2011, right?

Right??

Sure, you can twist however to make it all come out right :)

“ Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for it is now that God favors what you do. ”
— Ecclesiastes 9:7

F22nickell on CT ...
S_Nickell on WB ...

(in reply to jrockman)
Post #: 909
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 6/6/2014 1:49:47 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

quote:

Thoughts on today's offering, particularly considering the cool vintage?
I would not be too worried about "cool" vintage from sites such as Ciel du Cheval, or Sagemoor. 

Even Dineen I wouldn't worry about with the right winemaker.    I will be drinking some 2011 reds from Rattlesnake Hills (where Dineen is technically located) in about 3 hours, so I might have a better opinion on the vintage for reds from that area. 

f22 have you tasted these wines?

(in reply to f22nickell)
Post #: 910
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 6/10/2014 8:05:52 PM   
skifree

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinSunnyside

quote:

I would not be too worried about "cool" vintage from sites such as Ciel du Cheval, or Sagemoor. 

Even Dineen I wouldn't worry about with the right winemaker.    I will be drinking some 2011 reds from Rattlesnake Hills (where Dineen is technically located) in about 3 hours, so I might have a better opinion on the vintage for reds from that area. 

Obviously am not F22, but did taste the wines at release - found them tasty as usual but purchased fewer than usual. The winery is only a mile from my house.

Dave Larsen is a good guy, and a very competent wine maker. Look forward to him releasing a Champoux vineyard wine again in 2012.

So much wine, so little time

Post #: 911
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 6/11/2014 7:03:36 AM   
f22nickell

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinSunnyside

quote:

I had a barrel sample before blending ... Not enough info to tell yet. Still, I trust his winemaking skills. I will buy some after I am off my moratorium.

“ Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for it is now that God favors what you do. ”
— Ecclesiastes 9:7

F22nickell on CT ...
S_Nickell on WB ...

Post #: 912
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 6/11/2014 8:22:11 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

Just a follow up to my other post, not really related to the Soos Creek offering, but maybe.  

I drank/tasted (5) 2011 WA Bordeaux wines, and 1 Zinfandel from Cultura last Friday.  All grown in Yakima Valley, various locations from Elephant Mountain area down to Red Mountain area. They are young, which is normal on release/pre-release.   Overall these 2011's from cooler sites also seemed a bit green and lacking depth compared to prior vintages, and I've drank and loved all of Cultura's wines since 2007/2008 vintage.  They are well made wines with nice balance, just this is what 2011's will be for these varieties from some WA sites. 

We've talked here elsewhere about this, and I have noted greenness in JB Neufeld's 2011 DuBrul Cab (that I rated 92 points) and I think long run, these wines will be very good, but pretty different than "hot year" WA Bordeauxs.   It all depends on the style you want, but I do know and expect 2012, and even 2013 wines, will be bigger and deeper than 2011 out of the shoot.  

(in reply to f22nickell)
Post #: 913
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 6/18/2014 1:06:47 PM   
Margaux Bro

Just signed up thanks to some of your recommendations in a prior thread. I picked up a few bottles of the Soos Creek and Maison Bleue. I have yet to try these wines, but I can see how you guys get in trouble with your wives. Its just so easy

Post #: 914
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 6/18/2014 1:30:24 PM   
SkeBum

quote:

ORIGINAL: DL CELLARS

Just signed up thanks to some of your recommendations in a prior thread. I picked up a few bottles of the Soos Creek and Maison Bleue. I have yet to try these wines, but I can see how you guys get in trouble with your wives. Its just so easy

Yeah, the first year I was on with DP, I went a little crazy and bought a lot of wine from him. Then after drinking some and enjoying it and then gagging some others down, I pick my spots a little more carefully and then pounce.

(in reply to Margaux Bro)
Post #: 915
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 6/27/2014 6:15:59 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

Dammit!  The week after I pick up and get to zero pending, an interesting Cab Franc and today Tamarack's single vineyard stuff.  The DuBrul has been my favorite for a number of vintages and this confirms 2009 will be last vintage from that vineyard by this winemaker.  Leaves more fruit for others, including CTer's , but the guys at Tamarack had it figured out and always at a reasonable price.

Post #: 916
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 7/6/2014 3:22:18 PM   
fingers

Ok Dave (CiH), how's your resistance today?

I'm holding strong, so far .... But I really don't want to!

Post #: 917
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 7/6/2014 3:27:57 PM   
Robert Pavlovich

You can take one of my Tokaji Bob if it makes you feel better...with one lonely bottle in the cellar I had to bite on the offer today.

"Blending muddles the message"

-The Burgundian Monks

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 918
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 7/6/2014 4:30:43 PM   
champagneinhand

quote:

ORIGINAL: fingers

Ok Dave (CiH), how's your resistance today?

I'm holding strong, so far .... But I really don't want to!

I passed on it. Family visiting on Wednesday, Charleston coming up, and I have a decent enough supply on hand for now. I would like to have the 6 Puttonyos, but the I had a 2000 Disznókő Tokaji Aszú 6 Puttonyos, a while back, and its still at my local for about the same tariff and was really let down. It was rated 96 by WS I think, but really lacked on the acid, a few years back, especially compared to a 6 Puttonyos from Royal Tokaji fro the same year.
I think my preference is for the 5 puttonyos tokaji or Essencia. They are both great wines and age effortlessly, but the 6 puttonyos is sweeter, yet doesn't seem to get that acid dose in many versions.

I will buy more Essencia, as I am hunting down some Hetszolo from 1999 or 2001, and perhaps 1999 from 1999, if it can be found. I so want the 2000 Royal Tokaji Essencia but can't justify over over 5 c notes for it, and the crystal spoon makes it a bit gimmicky, to me.

I did read through it twice and thought about it, then held firm and hit the delete. I would have been opening a new case at FP as well, and that played into it as well. A small vertical of Huet Cuvee Constance, pretty much broke the bank in June.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 919
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 7/6/2014 4:41:38 PM   
fingers

quote:

I would have been opening a new case at FP as well, and that played into it as well.

Yeah, that's kinda what kept my foot on the brake, too. I might take Robert up on his offer

Post #: 920
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 7/6/2014 7:13:10 PM   
Old Doug

quote:

ORIGINAL: champagneinhand

I so want the 2000 Royal Tokaji Essencia but can't justify over over 5 c notes for it, and the crystal spoon makes it a bit gimmicky, to me.

I did read through it twice and thought about it, then held firm and hit the delete. I would have been opening a new case at FP as well, and that played into it as well. A small vertical of Huet Cuvee Constance, pretty much broke the bank in June.

Never have regretted ordering anything from Full Pull, but yeah, can definitely see that.

Post #: 921
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 7/7/2014 1:46:05 PM   
JerryL

I lasted for several months on the Moratorium. I'm out.

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 922
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 7/7/2014 2:05:47 PM   
mc2 wines

quote:

ORIGINAL: JerryL

Did DP strike again?

(in reply to JerryL)
Post #: 923
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 7/7/2014 3:14:49 PM   
BRR

If you're referring to the 2011 Woodward Canyon Artist Series Cab, I bought too. I've had too many exceptional Woodward Canyon experiences to not buy a couple and put them away for a long time.

Cheers!

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 924
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 7/7/2014 4:38:40 PM   
JerryL

quote:

ORIGINAL: mc2 wines

quote:

ORIGINAL: JerryL

Did DP strike again?

Yep, he got me on the Tokaji.

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 925
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 7/9/2014 3:13:49 PM   
jrockman

Anyone have thoughts or insight on today's offer of Occultum Lapidem? I'm tempted, but haven't bought anything in a month.

(in reply to JerryL)
Post #: 926
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 7/9/2014 3:31:09 PM   
champagneinhand

quote:

Anyone have thoughts or insight on today's offer of Occultum Lapidem? I'm tempted, but haven't bought anything in a month.

Really everybody else has offered this for a couple bucks difference. If you pick up locally, enjoy, but I passed, even at lesser prices. I bought Northern rhone from the Northern rhone, but Bila-Haut at any level is good stuff. Have had plenty since 2010.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

(in reply to jrockman)
Post #: 927
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 8/15/2014 8:25:59 PM   
jrockman

5th Anniversary Celebration - who's in? Pretty certain I'll be buying a ticket.

Post #: 928
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 8/15/2014 9:07:58 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

quote:

5th Anniversary Celebration - who's in? Pretty certain I'll be buying a ticket.
musedir will be in town, sorta.  Tom, wanna change your plane tickets?   

I'd love to attend, but not sure if we'll make the trip over.  I bought my first wine from DP in December, 2009,  2007 Syncline Cuvee Elena.  Fun to look at my purchase history and see that I've enjoyed 90+% of the wines He's sold me and I still have a boatload of them in my cellar.   I have purchased around 30 cases  over ~5 years (I might be eligible for a prize. ) and  I'm  back to almost a case pending.  

(in reply to jrockman)
Post #: 929
RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread - 8/16/2014 4:09:22 AM   
mtpisgah

We are thinking of a fall trip somewhere and when I saw the email, I started think about it more. Not sure if it will happen but it is on the list to consider.

Paul

I read books to pass the time until the next bottle of wine.

Post #: 930
Page:   <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: The Full Pull rationalization thread Page: <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI