CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Domaine Perrot-Minot / Perrot Minot

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Domaine Perrot-Minot / Perrot Minot Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Domaine Perrot-Minot / Perrot Minot - 1/21/2013 8:10:12 AM   
andrew

There are three issues with entry of these wines :

1) Domaine Perrot-Minot is now the official name of the Domaine. Previously it was labeled Domaine Henri Perrot-Minot and then Domaine Christophe Perrot-Minot. The clear up confusion, they adopted just Domaine Perrot-Minot and we have followed suit for all their wines, present and past and future.

2) Perrot-Minot is the labeling for non-domaine negociant wines. The label is identical and the name just lacks 'Domaine.' In Cellartracker, we opted to use Domaine Perrot-Minot for ALL of their wines. The possibility of error and duplication was just too high. Also, to our knowledge, there are no overlapping Domaine/non-Domaine wines.

3) Vieilles Vignes shows up on nearly all of the current releases. (Morey St Denis En la Rue Vergy, Gevrey-Chambertin and Bourgogne being the exceptions.) Not every writer uses Vieilles Vignes in their wine names (Burghound being the main one in this case,) but the wines are all the same. As far as we know, there not VV / non-VV of the same wine in the same vintage. Some of the historical Henri Perrot-Minot wines did not say VV, but we have labeled them as such in lineage in Cellartracker.

Thanks,

A.
Post #: 1
RE: Domaine Perrot-Minot / Perrot Minot - 3/4/2020 10:34:57 AM   
Gordonium

Regarding your VV/non-VV point #3... Wouldn't it make sense to consolidate these together as a single (non-VV?) item? It seems like endless opportunity for confusing the two any given vintage.

(in reply to andrew)
Post #: 2
RE: Domaine Perrot-Minot / Perrot Minot - 3/4/2020 3:10:54 PM   
andrew

Wow. Blast from the past. And quite useful.

I need to do some work here. Back in 2013, we didn't have some tools and tricks we can deploy. The issue is that now their new labelling doesn't including VV on any of the wines post 2009 or so. I will see if I can sort this out. We can also make the Henri and Christopher wines display as on the label and link them to the current name. This will be a bit of project, so give me some time to deploy.

Andrew Hall

CellarTracker Editorial & Support Services

(in reply to Gordonium)
Post #: 3
RE: Domaine Perrot-Minot / Perrot Minot - 3/5/2020 12:48:45 PM   
andrew

Well, that was ... fun. Turns out that starting in 2011, they stopped putting VV on the front labels but it is on the back labels. This cause massive dupes and confusion.

I have most if not all of these sorted out. The current form lacks VV except in a couple special cases. They are linked to the older VV form and searching with VV will find the newer wines as well. This should eliminate dupes.

I decided not to back conform the entries to Henri P-M, Christophe P-M or just Perrot-Minot. (Searches with Henri or Christophe work.) If I user other producer names, even back-linked, it makes it possible to easily create duplicate entries on the newer wines. The producer part has been pretty stable and Domaine Perrot-Minot covers all the versions nicely.

Andrew Hall

CellarTracker Editorial & Support Services

(in reply to andrew)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Domaine Perrot-Minot / Perrot Minot Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI