CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: INCOMING!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: INCOMING!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/14/2015 2:59:29 PM   
BobMilton

AFWE = Anti Flavor Wine Elite

(in reply to BRR)
Post #: 31
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/14/2015 3:33:00 PM   
aaronl3182

Kistler and Aubert are in. Many, many more to follow. Probably going to pass on most of them this spring.

“too much of anything is bad, but too much Champagne is just right” – Mark Twain

(in reply to BobMilton)
Post #: 32
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/14/2015 3:37:40 PM   
S1

quote:

ORIGINAL: BobMilton

AFWE = Anti Flavor Wine Elite

A phrase RMP used in a derogatory way. Many people who scoff at Parker wear AFWE as a badge of honor.
quote:

ORIGINAL: aaronl3182

Kistler and Aubert are in.

NOT AFWE wines btw

Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
"One not only drinks wine, one smells it, observes it, tastes it, sips it and -- one talks about it!" (in memory of drycab)

(in reply to aaronl3182)
Post #: 33
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/14/2015 4:02:37 PM   
mwest

Passing on Kistler for second time. Partly because Christy is not a fan; mostly because I don't like that they reserve the right to change your order. (Which they did to me on my first six bottle sampler pack.)

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 34
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/16/2015 2:01:23 PM   
BRR

Thanks for clarifying the, "AFWE," All. Pretty funny, actually.

Cheers!

(in reply to mwest)
Post #: 35
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/16/2015 6:43:42 PM   
fingers

quote:

ORIGINAL: BRR

I also interchange Almost Flavored Water Enology

(in reply to BRR)
Post #: 36
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/16/2015 6:51:55 PM   
mtpisgah

it is funny because I am becoming more of an AFWE person while my wife still prefers bigger fruit forward wines. I get by somehow though.

Paul

I read books to pass the time until the next bottle of wine.

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 37
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/16/2015 6:52:39 PM   
BornToRhone

quote:

ORIGINAL: BRR

Yes, but many are trending this way, including me. This is similar to the IPOB crowd which you can easily learn about by searching IPOB wines.

There is not right or wrong - wine is a reflection of the terroir as reflected in the winemaker. Some like it hot, some like it not.
Some go both ways (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

< Message edited by BornToRhone -- 1/16/2015 6:53:45 PM >

-- The answer may not lie at the bottom of a bottle of wine, but you should at least check. --

(in reply to BRR)
Post #: 38
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/17/2015 10:38:06 AM   
skifree

Classicist and hedonist - actually do like it both ways. I was talking to Dave Larsen, vigneron and owner of Soos Creek, when I picked up my Terrible Beauty recently, and told him that I like both styles of wine. He said he is the same!

Oh yes - the No Girls letter (how quaint!) came yesterday giving me my ordering window for the 2011 vintage. Happy to oblige of course.

So much wine, so little time

(in reply to BornToRhone)
Post #: 39
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/19/2015 9:37:33 PM   
RocAFella1

Gotta stretch the fingers and warm up the credit cards for tomorrow morning.

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 40
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/20/2015 7:37:47 AM   
Eddie

Sojourn offer came today....

(in reply to RocAFella1)
Post #: 41
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/20/2015 10:20:43 AM   
smigdiggler

I passed on Sojourn but will most likely pick up a mixed case of Pinot/chard from River's Marie. Need to get some sort of a nod from the wifey to pull the trigger on 12...gulp.

Semi retired from the wine business, but can't seem to let go of opportunities when they present themselves

PlaywrightWines on Instagram

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 42
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/20/2015 11:36:00 AM   
mc2 wines

quote:

ORIGINAL: RocAFella1

1/20 will be a busy day with Schrader, Rivers-Marie, and now Outpost.

Did you get any? Went online @ noon and had major internet issues. Got through to add items once or twice, but mostly the website didn't work for me.

(in reply to RocAFella1)
Post #: 43
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/20/2015 12:25:24 PM   
RocAFella1

quote:

ORIGINAL: mc2 wines

quote:

Did you get any? Went online @ noon and had major internet issues. Got through to add items once or twice, but mostly the website didn't work for me.

I was able to after 34 minutes of clicking through the error message. I was initially allocated 2 four-packs but was reduced to 1 after the first few error messages. I think I was part of the last group that got orders in before they shut the whole thing down. Supposedly they will call/email those who were logged in but got the error message and will have reserved allocations.

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 44
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/20/2015 1:45:54 PM   
S1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eddie

Sojourn offer came today....

yep
Outpost and Kutch too.
No Girls is tomorrow
Rhys, Antica Terra and Berserkerday next week.

feck

"One not only drinks wine, one smells it, observes it, tastes it, sips it and -- one talks about it!" (in memory of drycab)

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 45
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/20/2015 2:23:36 PM   
mc2 wines

quote:

quote:

quote:

I was able to after 34 minutes of clicking through the error message. I was initially allocated 2 four-packs but was reduced to 1 after the first few error messages. I think I was part of the last group that got orders in before they shut the whole thing down. Supposedly they will call/email those who were logged in but got the error message and will have reserved allocations.

Got the call. Also allocated 1 pack. Sounds like it's been a busy day for them.

(in reply to RocAFella1)
Post #: 46
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/20/2015 2:35:14 PM   
S1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'll share

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 47
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/20/2015 3:25:17 PM   
AdamWest

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I started logging in within a minute or two of it going online. At first it said 2 4-packs, and I would just get errors on checkout, then it said 1 4-pack, still errors, and then it said they would call me. Pretty dissatisfied with the whole experience. This was my first time trying to order. I've never seen anything quite this bad before for ordering wine. A few hours later I was offered Pride's Vintner's Select, and that order went right through.

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 48
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/20/2015 3:42:14 PM   
mc2 wines

quote:

ORIGINAL: S1 I'll share

quote:

ORIGINAL: AdamWest

I started logging in within a minute or two of it going online. At first it said 2 4-packs, and I would just get errors on checkout, then it said 1 4-pack, still errors, and then it said they would call me. Pretty dissatisfied with the whole experience. This was my first time trying to order. I've never seen anything quite this bad before for ordering wine. A few hours later I was offered Pride's Vintner's Select, and that order went right through.

Not ideal but I don't think they are a huge operation and at least the woman I've been corresponding with has been super pleasant. I suspect they have a lot of ppl to get through today and the day has been more painful for them than it was for us. Pride definitely a smoother one, but they are a pretty big operation.

Anyone know what exactly the 2013 Fantastic Four Pack is? It came up once for me but I was focusing on ordering and so didn't pay good attention.

(in reply to AdamWest)
Post #: 49
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/20/2015 3:48:38 PM   
AdamWest

quote:

quote:

Not ideal but I don't think they are a huge operation and at least the woman I've been corresponding with has been super pleasant. I suspect they have a lot of ppl to get through today and the day has been more painful for them than it was for us. Pride definitely a smoother one, but they are a pretty big operation.

Anyone know what exactly the 2013 Fantastic Four Pack is? It came up once for me but I was focusing on ordering and so didn't pay good attention.

No doubt, but it would have been nice to just get an email that let's me know I'll actually get wine... I was really looking forward to trying some. My Fantastic Four pack was listed as 2 Schrader LPV and 2 Schrader RBS.

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 50
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/20/2015 3:49:19 PM   
RocAFella1

quote:

Same thing happened last year though and one would think they would bolster their server. It was nice last year when they pulled the plug and actually guaranteed allocations for a short window the next day.

It's 1 LPV and 3 RBS. It looks like I'll be opening a RBS first.

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 51
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/20/2015 3:55:44 PM   
S1

quote:

Not ideal but I don't think they are a huge operation and at least the woman I've been corresponding with has been super pleasant. I suspect they have a lot of ppl to get through today and the day has been more painful for them than it was for us.

Emily is wonderful.

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 52
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/20/2015 4:01:17 PM   
AdamWest

quote:

ORIGINAL: S1

quote:

Not ideal but I don't think they are a huge operation and at least the woman I've been corresponding with has been super pleasant. I suspect they have a lot of ppl to get through today and the day has been more painful for them than it was for us.

Emily is wonderful.

:-) I am sure they are nice people, and I am sure it's been a stressful day for them, so I feel bad mentioning my bad experience. Just curious what others have done. The message said to wait, so I am waiting, but I hope I actually get some wine.

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 53
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/20/2015 4:11:17 PM   
S1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Emily is wonderful.

:-) I am sure they are nice people, and I am sure it's been a stressful day for them, so I feel bad mentioning my bad experience. Just curious what others have done. The message said to wait, so I am waiting, but I hope I actually get some wine.

https://www.cellartracker.com/forum/tm.asp?m=359183
The Schrader January offer is always going to be a feeding frenzy since nothing is guaranteed. .

(in reply to AdamWest)
Post #: 54
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/20/2015 5:16:26 PM   
mc2 wines

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Emily is wonderful.

https://www.cellartracker.com/forum/tm.asp?m=359183
The Schrader January offer is always going to be a feeding frenzy since nothing is guaranteed. .

Makes sense. My impression is it worked for almost no one. I was told they are reserving the single pack. I suspect they are still working through the phone lines as every time I've called I've gone to voicemail so I haven't put in an official order yet.

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 55
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/21/2015 9:10:49 AM   
smigdiggler

Continuum = Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015

Semi retired from the wine business, but can't seem to let go of opportunities when they present themselves

PlaywrightWines on Instagram

(in reply to BRR)
Post #: 56
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/21/2015 10:02:28 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

Adding to the barrage, having previously passed this month on QC and Betz, I'm pretty sure I'm also skipping both of these.  If anything it will be a couple of Rasa Rhone futures.

Force Majeure
Rasa

My others still coming down the pike of the mostly under the radar variety, which I keep telling myself are coming so don't bite now on the more expensive wines, are:

JB Neufeld, expected in March/April
Cultura,  Feb/March
Maison Bleue, who knows but I'm still committed for at least one more release
Rotie, April I think

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to smigdiggler)
Post #: 57
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/21/2015 12:08:43 PM   
aaronl3182

Dunn yesterday, Carlisle today. Does it ever end? My cellar is almost maxed out, not to mention my wine budget!

“too much of anything is bad, but too much Champagne is just right” – Mark Twain

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 58
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/21/2015 2:06:26 PM   
BobMilton

I just got my first offer for Carlisle. Haven't decided what to try, though I do like Zin.

(in reply to aaronl3182)
Post #: 59
RE: INCOMING!!! - 1/21/2015 2:20:46 PM   
S1

quote:

ORIGINAL: BobMilton

I just got my first offer for Carlisle. Haven't decided what to try, though I do like Zin.

back up the truck

I wasn't expecting Carlisle today.

(in reply to BobMilton)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: INCOMING!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI