CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

HTTPS for Everyone

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Release Notes >> HTTPS for Everyone Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HTTPS for Everyone - 8/31/2017 3:11:10 PM   
dpolivy

Over the coming month, we are planning to move nearly all traffic to www.cellartracker.com (and associated static content domains/CDNs) to an encrypted channel via HTTPS. Currently, all logged in traffic is sent via HTTPS, but "guests" who are not logged in are forced to use unencrypted HTTP. This change will help ensure that all users, regardless of whether they are logged in, can be confident their browsing activity will not be visible to others on their network.

The first phase of this change is available now. Starting today, guests can now optionally browse https://www.cellartracker.com via HTTPS.

In the next few weeks, we'll start turning on redirects for specific HTTP traffic until eventually everything is pushed to HTTPS. We'll also be working on enabling HTTP Strict Transport Security to help increase security further.

We're doing our best to ensure this is a seamless and transparent transition, however as with anything of this magnitude, it is possible something will break or behave differently. If you encounter any issues, please reach out to support at cellartracker dot com. I'll be posting periodic updates here as we make progress.

Dan
Post #: 1
RE: HTTPS for Everyone - 9/29/2017 2:13:22 PM   
dpolivy

As of this afternoon, all traffic to cellartracker.com is now directed to use HTTPS! While everything appears to be working smoothly so far, we're going to continue to monitor the impact in case of issues.

The most likely impact is to users who have RSS feeds created using the old http URLs. If your reader is not able to follow the 301 redirect properly, you may need to reconfigure your RSS reader to use the updated HTTPS URL instead.

Dan

(in reply to dpolivy)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Release Notes >> HTTPS for Everyone Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll