CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Ruffino Chianti Classico Riserva Ducale

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Ruffino Chianti Classico Riserva Ducale Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ruffino Chianti Classico Riserva Ducale - 8/3/2005 12:09:12 PM   
andrew

Ruffino makes two top notch wines with the Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG which have the designation 'Ducale.'

The first is often termed 'Brown Label' (for obvious reasons), but Ruffino calls it "Riserva Ducale Tradizionale." This is the correct nomenclature in Cellartracker! though the word doesn't appear on the front label.

The second is often called 'Gold Label' (again, for obvious reasons) and also has the word 'Oro' on the front label. Ruffino calls this "Riserva Ducale Oro" and we do as well.

Please note which designation you have when entering it into Cellartracker. If your wine has been wrongly entered or misplaced, you can edit the designation field to the correct entry and send Eric or I a note. We will merge your wine into the proper location. Or you can delete your inventory of that wine and re-enter it yourself, if you prefer.

For details on the wines and the nomenclature, http://www.ruffino.com/

Thanks,

A.

< Message edited by andrew -- 8/3/2005 12:12:04 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Ruffino Chianti Classico Riserva Ducale dupes - 9/23/2011 8:40:43 AM   
fries

There is currently a fairly large dupe in CT associated with Ruffino Chianti Classico Riserva Ducale.  Based on Andrew's post from 2005, it seems that the intention was to break things down as follows:

Ruffino Chianti Classico Riserva Ducale Tradizionale [1,915 bottles] ("Brown Label")
Ruffino Chianti Classico Riserva Ducale Oro [3,519 bottles] ("Gold Label")

Unfortunately, the word "Tradizionale" does not actually appear on the front label for the Brown Label bottling, so a duplicate record for this wine has cropped up:

Ruffino Chianti Classico Riserva Ducale [358 bottles] (also "Brown Label")

Ruffino's current website does not use the term "Tradizionale" in any way when describing the Brown Label bottling.  Based on Andew's post, and the images attached to both the "Riserva Ducale Tradizionale" and "Riserva Ducale" records in CT, it doesn't appear that "Tradizionale" has ever appeared on the label.  As such, I think the best way to avoid future dupes would be to remove the "Tradizionale".

I've entered an edit request.

Cheers,

Francis

(in reply to andrew)
Post #: 2
RE: Ruffino Chianti Classico Riserva Ducale dupes - 9/23/2011 11:22:27 AM   
Eric

Back when Andrew did this I didn't have as much flexibility with the tools. Now what I have done is added "brown label tradizionale" as hidden search keywords for all the vintages of the 'proper' definition of the CCR Riserva Ducale. I am running the merge now on the former.

I have also added "gold label" to the Oro for kicks.

Cheers!
-Eric LeVine

http://twitter.com/cellartracker
http://facebook.com/cellartracker

(in reply to fries)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Ruffino Chianti Classico Riserva Ducale Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI