CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Fattorio di Felsina / Berardenga

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Fattorio di Felsina / Berardenga Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fattorio di Felsina / Berardenga - 8/3/2005 6:13:35 PM   
andrew

Fattoria di Felsina is a Chianti and Super Tuscan producer located in the town of Castelnuovo Berardenga. For some reason known only to them, they have chosen to place 'Berardenga' in prominent letters on the label of all their wines. Some wine writers have followed suit and referred to the wines as "Chianti Classico Riserva Berardenga 'Rancia'" (for example.) Others have not, preferring to refer to the wine by its more official name, "Chianti Classico Riserva ''Rancia'."

For Cellartracker, we have chosen the latter form. This is both for brevity and because Berardenga is not a vineyard (a common mistake) nor properly a designation since all their wines have it. When entering in a new wine or vintage from Fattoria di Felsina, please omit the 'Berardenga.'

There are some wines from other producers who legitimately use 'Berardenga' in their wine names or in the name of the winery. Please examine the label carefully to make sure it is not a Fattorio di Felsina wine.

As a secondary note, Felsina produces a 100% Cabernet Sauvignon wine called "Maestro Raro." This wine was classified as a 'Vino da Tavola di Toscano' until the 1995 vintage where it began to use the 'Toscano IGT' appellation.

Thanks,

A.

< Message edited by andrew -- 8/3/2005 6:43:36 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Fattorio di Felsina / Berardenga - 8/29/2005 4:15:40 PM   
bgibbard

I see someone has ignored your warning and re-created the "Chianti Classico Berardenga" for the 1999 and 2002 vintages.

Given how very, very prominent the word Berardenga is on the label (far more so than Fattoria di Felsina) I think it might be better to give in and put the word in all of their wines.

Brant Gibbard
Toronto, ON

(in reply to andrew)
Post #: 2
RE: Fattorio di Felsina / Berardenga - 11/23/2018 11:45:22 AM   
Andrew H

quote:

ORIGINAL: bgibbard

I see someone has ignored your warning and re-created the "Chianti Classico Berardenga" for the 1999 and 2002 vintages.

Given how very, very prominent the word Berardenga is on the label (far more so than Fattoria di Felsina) I think it might be better to give in and put the word in all of their wines.

It seems that it now is in the wines. Perhaps the first post should be amended accordingly, given that CT links to this thread when adding a Felsina Chianti.

(in reply to bgibbard)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Fattorio di Felsina / Berardenga Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI