CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Okanagan Recommendations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Okanagan Recommendations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Okanagan Recommendations - 2/23/2019 1:18:43 PM   
Slye

Hi Everyone. I am thinking of a trip this summer with my Dad to the Okanagan region. So three questions:

1. Any places you would recommend to stay? I found some reasonable looking places on VRBO, but if you have a high recommendation please let me know.

2. What wineries would you recommend? Those that are must visit, versus worth visiting if we are nearby?

3. Other things to do there. Hiking, boating, etc? My dad as not as into wine as I am, so want to do some things that he also will enjoy. :-)

Thanks for any and all recommendations.
Post #: 1
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/23/2019 1:49:25 PM   
champagneinhand

Jackson-Trigg. They get their Vidal Blanc for Ice Eines in BC. Their vineyard is a must see in the Niagara Penninsula, so I wouldn’t hesitate visited them while in the area.

Anthony Bourdain did a Vancouver episode in No Reservations, and while dated he did head up into the valley and talk to chefs about local BC foods. Vancouver is a wonderful food destination. Their wine prices are some of the World’s highest so drinking local wines is highly recommended.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 2
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/23/2019 1:51:27 PM   
champagneinhand

For your dad, zip line, very safe way to see through the tree canopy. Hiking, water tours, basic lesson on sea kayaking would be fun but also the eating.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

(in reply to champagneinhand)
Post #: 3
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/23/2019 2:24:37 PM   
Jenise

Zero time until Monday. But I'll come back with advice for you, I've been to the Valley several times.

Champagneinhand--Vancouver is about 300 miles away. A day's drive, so not far but not what Slye asked for.

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 4
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/23/2019 2:44:59 PM   
mye

Ron,

Okanagan is a bit like Bordeaux in that there are distinct districts.. so u want ot make sure if you make appointments to schedule districts by day. You don't want a kelowna winery in the morning, and a Oliver winery in the afternoon.. it can be quite the drive.
Unlike BDX it has no idea what grapes grows well there. ;) they literally grow everything - sangio, pinot noir, cab, malbec, riesling, you name it..

How many days do you have? I think 4 day is good to cover the area. Just some suggestions below.. grouped by 'area'..

Kelowna area:
-Mission Hill should be a must visit - it's kinda like Mondavi.. icon of the region.. it's not the best but it's the most famous. Do the reserve tasting and try the Occulus.
-Tantalus (for rieslings)
- Sumac Ridge
- Cedar Creek

Food: Terrace @ Mission Hill

Osoyoos area:
- Burrowing Owl
- La Stella - sister winery to Le Vieux Pin below. Stella is Bdx/italian varietals

Food: Sonora Room @ Burrowing Owl

3rd Day:
- Black Hills
- Blue Mountain (pinots)
- Liquidity Winery (also a great little restaurant here)
- Le Vieux Pin - Sister winery to La Stella above. LVP is more rhone varietal

Food: The restaurant at Liquidity, Miradoro @ Tin Horn

Fourth day: forget the name of the area
- Laughing Stock (try the Portfolio)
- Foxtrot (pinots)
- Polar Grove (also has a nice spot for lunch)

Food: Vanilla Pod @ Poplar Grove

< Message edited by mye -- 2/23/2019 2:55:36 PM >

(in reply to Jenise)
Post #: 5
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/23/2019 2:56:20 PM   
mye

Renting a boat and chilling on the lake is definitely a thing to do.. quite nice...

(in reply to mye)
Post #: 6
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/23/2019 3:12:30 PM   
davo22

So many great wineries in the Okanagan now. One of things that's great is just discovering while you're there, and there are new boutique wineries popping up annually so any list you get is bound to be incomplete. The valley is long and the climate and terrain differs substantially north to south.

Near Kelowna in the north you will find a number of good wineries. Quail's Gate has some good wines and a nice restaurant for a lunch stop. Mt. Boucherie also has some good wines. And the estate at Mission Hill is probably the most beautiful in the valley. The north is more lush and cooler climate, so you will find some of the more acidic wines, pinots, etc. coming from those vineyards.

Near Penticton (at the south end of Lake Okanagan) you will again find lots of wineries. I personally like a lot of what you find on the Naramata Bench (which is on the eastern side of the lake just to the north of Penticton). Laughing Stock is a must visit. Bench 1775 is almost next door, La Frenz is very good. But there must be at least two dozen wineries now along the road between Penticton and Naramata.

South of Penticton, things get more arid and can it hit 40C in the summer. I love the wines at Painted Rock on the east side of Skaha Lake. Continue south to Meyer Estate and Blue Mountain.

Then around Oliver is another large cluster of great wineries (and many of the ringers of the valley). Road 13, Black Hills, Culmina, Checkmate, Jentsch, Le Vieux Pin all make fabulous wines that frankly are now some of the best on the continent. I'll counter the post above and say skip over both Jackson Triggs and Inniskillin. So much better to be found. If you can get a room, Burrowing Owl is a great place to spend the night, enjoy the wines, and they have a fabulous restaurant with a great view. But it is often booked months in advance.

Just before the US border you hit Osoyoos and there are probably about a dozen wineries around there. Osoyoos Larose is French owned and they have worked to replicate a Bordeaux style wine in Canada. NK'MIP (pronounced inkameep) is the only completely Indigenous owned and operated winery in Canada, and make some great wines. There is also a full resort there with hotel, restaurant, golf course, etc.

Remember that it is over 150km from Kelowna to Osoyoos, a lot of the highway is only 2 lanes, and traffic can be heavy in summer. If you want to hit wineries across the valley you are best to move your accommodation to keep your travel times down.

And if you're feeling adventurous, cross over the mountains to the next valley and hit some of the great new wineries springing up in the Similkameen Valley.

As for other activities, you're in a valley in the midst of mountains. No shortage of hiking, lake sports, golf. The Okanagan is a Canadian summer playground. Enjoy!

(in reply to Jenise)
Post #: 7
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/23/2019 3:26:06 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

If you have a desire, the camping areas are very nice, well managed and usually have shower, laundry, etc... Barb and I tent camped there ~8 years ago and had a blast over a Memorial (US) weekend. Nice since it was not a Canadian holiday so most places were low volume tourist. Showers were a Loonie.

Osoyoos Lake is gorgeous as are the lakes further north and falls areas. We went as far north as Naramata Bench and is it all within an hour or so driving.

Wineries I remember and that we enjoyed that I see are still there were Stoneboat, Blasted Church, La Frenz, Lake Breeze, Tinhorn Creek. White wines better to our palate than most reds. Road 13 and Fairway had best reds (Syrah, Cab) from my memory, but Fairway appears to be gone/closed. Pro tip: Fairway was on a golf course.

Golf is there if that is an interest. I remember Okagagan Falls park/campground was neat and wish we had spent more time in that area and town.

Know the rules for bringing wine back and taking produce in. Generally you can bring back some for personal consumption if you want to pay a tariff at the customs office. Don't try to take onions into Canada. That almost got us arrested and cost us about 2 hours at the border crossing. They are serious about onions.

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 8
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/23/2019 3:46:23 PM   
Slye

Thanks for all of the recs so far, particularly to mye and davo22. Chris -- I had no idea you were an onion bandit. I am going to have to deny knowing you now. :-)

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 9
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/23/2019 4:31:38 PM   
skifree

The area is one of my favorite places to ski - have not been there in the summer but will caution you around wildfire smoke depending on timing - it would have been unpleasant there last August.

Will second Mye's recommendation on Burrowing Owl - it was my "go to" wine when I was picking a B.C. wine on a restaurant menu when traveling to B.C..

You can make a loop - up 97 one way and back on the Coquahalla. I always wanted to try the Crows Nest Highway but was unsure of doing that in winter.

So much wine, so little time

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 10
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/24/2019 1:36:34 PM   
mye

Ahh yes. Echo Davo22. Culmina is worth going. Their vines were super young a few years ago. But it’s one of those new boutique spots that’s trying hard and has the pedigree behind it.
Osoyoos Larose is partnered with guraud larose I believe. And also worth going.

Will also suggest skipping Jackson triggs and inniskilllian. Too many other better options around.

My overall view of the region is that it’s superrrrrrrr young and not mature yet.
It’s got innovation, money and a good bit of good ol government protection. So it’s developjng and people are throwing time and resources at it. The region is pretty diverse and it hasn’t figured out what it does realllllly well yet. So it’s still in the trial and error stage.

Have fun tho. Beautiful place.

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 11
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/24/2019 1:49:42 PM   
PinotPhile

A few years ago, I tasted 50th Parallel Pinot Noir at a seminar. Quite nice, and their wines seem reasonably-priced. Never been there, but that's a winery I would seek out.

Enjoy!

PP

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 12
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/24/2019 2:04:37 PM   
davo22

The Canadian industry as a whole is in the infancy stage. Recognize we are still only at about the 800 winery count country wide, but that has doubled in a very short period of time. Our production levels are still but a blip of a California. And we're still figuring out what works and what doesn't, and there is a lot of experimentation still happening in BC, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia where grapes are being grown. Climate change is making a difference in what's possible. So are advances in how to protect vines from our winters (read up on what is done to protect the vines in the Prince Edward County region in Ontario where some truly great pinots and chards are now being produced).

Recognize also that the latitude of Canadian vineyards sits between 42 degrees and 50 degrees, lots of receded glacial soil deposits, rocky soils, limestone, seabeds, river valleys, lakes, unpredictable weather. That might sound kind of like somewhere else in the world....

In my recent winery tours in Spain, France and Italy it has been interesting to hear many of the proprietors and winemakers saying that they believe Canada is the next great winemaking country. The styles are becoming decidedly European here, and a prevailing view to let the vineyard produce the wine and not the process.

What I can say is that there has been remarkable change in the last 10 years. Back then I would not have recommended many of our wines to anyone. Now I can recommend dozens.

(in reply to mye)
Post #: 13
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/24/2019 5:09:38 PM   
mc2 wines

Was working in the area last year. Unfortunately only got one afternoon for tasting and was hanging out with client who had places so didn't get to do all of the spots I wanted to try, but here are notes from that day.

Agree on Mission Hills. Didn't make it there, but the Occulus when we tried it I would say was one of the better wines we had from the area.

There's a lake there and it's really pretty. Lots of water sports there. If you stay at the Delta hotel (a Marriott property) they have a lot of free kayaks/etc. Also do some tastings and stuff at the hotel. And there was a fun mini-golf place across the lake.

Lots of good restaurants and stuff in the area.

Also seem to have a lot of wine festivals so may be worth checking if there will be one while you are there.

Friends don't let friends wine alone

(in reply to davo22)
Post #: 14
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/24/2019 7:11:05 PM   
BenG

Marichel for their Syrah but particularly their Viognier. Never thought Viognier could be this good.

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 15
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/24/2019 10:44:37 PM   
dsGris

Many many years ago after HS Graduation a car load of us took a fishing trip up the valley north of Kelona to some lakes in the hills. No wine, but enough beer for the week. Way before any vineyards, but a lot of prime forest, fishing was great. I'm sure all those trees are gone. I imagined what WA was like in my dad's time in the woods when he said he could never imagine they could cut them all down. Well I like looking at vineyards, they are green, just shorter.

DennisG
Granpa Wino

(in reply to BenG)
Post #: 16
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/25/2019 1:06:30 PM   
fasteddie35

Ron, keep us posted on your travel plans and dates as Barb and I are heading up that way this summer too. I second Mission Hills. We are drinking a killer 2015 Mission Hills Reserve Viogner right now. Tasty ! Also, will second the recommendation of Culmina. We love their Unicus Gruner Veltliner. Lastly, we found a 2017 Lariana Viogner that hits the spot. We'll be in touch. Best, Ed

(in reply to dsGris)
Post #: 17
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/25/2019 5:26:13 PM   
Jenise

Lots of good recommendations. On food, I second Miradoro and Liquidity and would add the stunning restaurant and at Quail's Gate. Like Miradoro, incomparable views along with exceptional food.

Re Culmina and Jackson Triggs. I would call JT the Gallo of the Okanagan. A factoid about is that the CEO who retired from running JT is now the private winery owner of Culmina--you might equate him to Washington's Long Shadows. I would not recommend JT wines based on the rather industrial, character-less ones I've had, but others may have different experiences.

Once upon a time thought Burrowing Owl was great. Wealthy owner, brought in Bill Dyer from Napa Valley and under him the wines thrived. Meanwhile Wealthy Owner Jr. was being trained to take over. When he finally did, the wines went to hell. No one in the Valley has spoken well of them to me in years, and the last time I dropped by the Winery, about five years ago, the whites were so bad I didn't even stick around to taste the reds. If something's changed, it would be fairly recent.

Poplar Grove's solid for everything they do. La Frenz makes exceptional whites. In fact, whites are in many ways closer to world-class in the OK than the reds. If you love traditionally styled northern Rhones the wines of Le Vieux Pin will amaze you. Serious stuff. La Stella's also very good. Foxtrot's pinot is good, not so high on the chardonnay. Black Hills' signature red, the Not Bene, is a very old-school red with excellent aging potential. I still have some 05's. I've enjoyed many Cedar Creek's but the tasting room people seem to be trained in being extra snotty.

I love Blue Mountain. Their style is on the lean side, but the pinots and gamays work well for old world palates, and their whites are superb. They also make one of the few North American bubbles that can pass for French in a blind tasting. As well, the view of vineyards, lake and tall, narrowing glacier-cut canyon walls as you turn off the road to approach the winery is one of the most breaktaking in the Valley.

I liked Upper Bench whites a lot (if they make reds, I've not had them). They have a wonderful little cafe on the approach to the Naramata Bench. Husband makes wine, wife makes cheese. A mid-day stop there for a bite to eat is quite rewarding.

Taste a lot of the Pinot Blancs. If you think, based on other experiences in the lower 48, that this is a wimpy, characterless grape, the minerality of the Okanagan Pinot Blancs will amaze you.

(in reply to fasteddie35)
Post #: 18
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/25/2019 7:20:17 PM   
fingers

I’ve enjoyed several bottles from Osoyoos Larose of their Le Grand Vin bdx blend.

Anyone here know anything about them?

(in reply to Jenise)
Post #: 19
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/25/2019 7:26:28 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

Besides onion terrorism, Pinot Blanc from Naramata and Kerner were lasting memories for us. Jenise speaks the truth.

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 20
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/25/2019 8:10:19 PM   
Slye

quote:

ORIGINAL: fingers

I’ve enjoyed several bottles from Osoyoos Larose of their Le Grand Vin bdx blend.

Anyone here know anything about them?

Its funny, I bought some of their wine when they first started. Maybe from Garagiste? I liked it, but did not follow up later so have no idea how their wines are now.

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 21
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/25/2019 8:10:53 PM   
Slye

Wow -- thanks Jenise -- very very helpful! And Ed, will keep you posted on dates. Would be nice to see you and B up there if our timing works.

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 22
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/25/2019 10:00:53 PM   
Rich64N

From 2015, but Andy Purdue's coverage. http://www.winepressnw.com/2015/09/02/3721276/72-hours-in-the-okanagan-valley.html

A few years back I was in the Whistler liquor store and a fellow customer saw me using Vivino, helped me, because they don't need to export the best stuff.

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 23
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 2/28/2019 12:43:33 PM   
davo22

On the Osoyoos Larose thread from fingers and Slye. It's a joint Canadian/French venture. The French partner is Taillan Group who I recall have a couple of dozen chateaux scattered through Bordeaux and elsewhere - most notable is Gruaud Larose. Goal of the joint venture is producing premium Bordeaux styles in the Okanagan. Le Grand Vin is the flagship (generally hitting around the CA$50 range). It's a bit of a vintage yoyo. The 2014 is pretty decent, the 2013 not so great. The mid to late 2000s were all better in my opinion, and for the money I think some of the other valley producers are hitting at a far higher level now (while OR hasn't really progressed).

Lots of mention of Mission Hill in previous posts. Checkmate is the sister winery also owned by the von Mandl family. Checkmate is only making small lot single varietal chard and merlot. The individual wines are aimed to emphasize the terroir of the single vineyards they are sourced from - only a couple come from grapes blended from different vineyards. These are absolutely phenomenal wines, getting better by the vintage. But they come with a price tag floating around CA$100 per bottle, but in my view you would pay far more to drink a comparable French or Cali wine. Purchase has been highly limited to online memberships, or direct at the winery. None of the wines are sold retail.

(in reply to Rich64N)
Post #: 24
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 6/10/2019 3:32:03 PM   
Slye

I wanted to circle back to this thread, and first of all thank all of whom gave suggestions. They were greatly appreciated. As I had mentioned, this was a trip with my dad -- mostly focused on us visiting with each other but he was very tolerant of my wine interests. Having said that we did not get to that many places -- and as many of you noted the region is very long, with only a two lane road to go from one end to the other. We were staying at the very northern tip -- in Vernon. My superficial sense of the valley is that the southern end and northern ends are much less developed -- though on the Northern end we did see a number of newish looking subdivisions popping up. The middle, around Kelowna, is pretty developed and populated.

We woke up early the first full day and headed south. We had a great tasting at Le Vieux Pin. The person pouring was only a few months in the job, but had been a tour guide in the region for many years prior. He was a perfect person to introduce us to and to pour the wines. My dad started to realize that there is a difference between fine wines and the box wines he normally drinks. The Rose was great; there was a wonderfully nutty and minerally chardonnay (and I am realizing I am less a fan of chardonnay these days). We tried two syrahs -- the lesser expensive Violette and their premium Equinoxe. We had the latter two side by side, which is a nice touch -- as our server said, he remembers always wanting to compare similar wines while tasting and usually could not. As another aside, this is the only place I have ever tasted where we literally had a clean and different glass for each type of wine. I preferred the Violette -- lovely floral notes, with lots of bright fruit and pepper. There is 0.5% Viognier. The Equinoxe would perhaps age better, but I was too aware of the oak to really be able to appreciate what might be underneath. But all in all a great visit, and I would highly recommend it. We did not get to their sister winery, Stella, which I would like to try next time given the quality at LVP.

We then went to Checkmate. I had gone online that morning and made an online reservation. We were the only ones there when we arrived. Another party of three showed up about half hour after we did. But I highly recommend making a reservation, as at the moment their tasting room is a bit larger than a trailer (though a beautiful space). They are building a large tasting facility, but I don't remember if we were told when it would be done. We had four chardonnays and two merlots (the only two wines they make). They were lined up all together so we could go back and forth. I unfortunately did not take note of the different wines we tasted. My memory is that I liked the single vineyard chardonnays a bit better than the blends (the two blends we had were more expensive than the single vineyards). The wines were all good, but I can't say that I wanted any given the price (from C$85 to 110). I think we may have been influenced by LVP. My dad I think was also getting a bit of palate fatigue so we did not linger as much as I would have liked. The servers were fantastic and friendly and informative. They say these are the top chardonnays in the valley, and I certainly cannot disagree with that.

We then had lunch at Hester Street. Very good meal -- wines were good -- nothing memorable. We then headed back up to Vernon.

The next day we went down to Mission Hill. As many noted this is the first winery that has spun off Checkmate and Martins Lane. I won't repeat the history here only to say that Martin's Lane (according to our server at Checkmate) not only requires a reservation but, she said half jokingly, also may vet guests. We did not try to go there. Mission Hill was a good visit, but it is a bit like Disneyland. Large and beautiful. Lots of people -- literally two large limousines pulled up while we were there and each unloaded about 12-15 young women who were probably part of some wedding party. If you do not like crowds (and it was not that crowded this time of year but it was by far the largest crowds we encountered), you might think twice about visiting. On the other hand it is a great place for someone who likes wine and someone less into that -- beautiful grounds; nice artwork; etc. We did a wine and cheese paired tasting -- for which one makes a reservation. The tasting consisted of a tour of the grounds, including the cellar. Our sommelier (this is how the guides identify themselves) was very knowledgeable about the winery and the wines. We had three wines for the tasting -- a Chardonnay (the oakier one); the Quatrain (which is a Cab, Syrah, Cab Franc and I think Merlot blend), and a late harvest Vidal. My favorite of those was the Vidal, which surprised me as I have not enjoyed many of the Vidals I have had in the past. Prior to this tasting I had done a tasting at the bar. One of the advantages of Mission Hill is that they produce so many different wines -- so you can get a good variety here. My favorite was the Semillion-Sauv Blanc -- really complex with some lovely acidity. I bought two of those. I also liked the lesser oaked Chardonnay (called the Perpetua). The wines were solid. The wine tasting space is also a large gift shop, with displays of books and odds and ends for sale. A bit commercial, and it made the space seem a bit busy and crowded (particularly with all of the wedding parties), but if I were to be honest it was not terribly crowded. We had a lovely lunch at the restaurant there. They had a great summer kale salad that they recommended to pair with their Riesling. That was a great pairing. The wine really showed nicely with the salad.

We then went over to Tantalus -- another excellent tasting. The Rieslings were top notch. I also liked the Chardonnay a lot, as well as the Rose. Definitely worth a visit for the Rieslings.

Finally we ate at 50th Parallel up on the northern part of the valley. Another excellent meal -- though the crab cakes felt a bit old to me. The Halibut was excellent. I had a sip of their Gewurtztraminer which was excellent (though I don't know the grape well). The Chardonnay was quite good, as was the Pinot Blanc. The premium Pinot Noir was also one of the best we had tried. (The one at Mission Hill recently got a high rating from the Financial Times -- I thought it was fine, but not amazing; the 50th Parallel was much better, though a bit pricier I think)

As many noted, there are lots and lots of wineries, and we barely scratched the surface. As I think mye recommended, you would want at least a solid 3 or 4 days, and I would say even more if you wanted to try the wide variety of wines available.

My overall impression is that it is a fascinating area making some really good wines -- as many noted better on the whites than the reds, though the LVP syrah was excellent, as were the Checkmate Merlots. The wines are mostly delicate and nicely balanced -- if there is oak, it is usually judiciously applied in a way that melds nicely with the wine. Some of the chardonnays I thought used oak quite well.

Thanks again to all who provided advice.

(in reply to davo22)
Post #: 25
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 6/10/2019 7:45:25 PM   
mc2 wines

Glad you had a good time! Thanks for the thoughts!

Friends don't let friends wine alone

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 26
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 6/11/2019 2:14:28 PM   
mye

Sounds like an awesome time.. will have to visit Checkmate next time i go. Glad you enjoyed it!!

I did finally get the invite in the mail for this trip tho.
;)

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 27
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 6/13/2019 6:09:20 PM   
hankj

Ron I'm gonna do the Kettle Valley Trail bike packing loop in August, so as part of that will pedal from near Kelowna to Osoyoos on the valley part of the ride. Thanks for the trip report, probably check in for more info at some point.

There are those who'd call us a bunch of sots but we don't see ourselves like that. We see ourselves as hobbyists. - Kevin Barry

(in reply to mye)
Post #: 28
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 6/13/2019 6:23:54 PM   
Slye

Sounds like a great trip Henry -- we stayed to the north of Kelowna, so not sure I can help on where to stay -- but happy to chat -- preferably over a nice bottle of wine. :-)

(in reply to hankj)
Post #: 29
RE: Okanagan Recommendations - 6/23/2019 9:58:35 AM   
fasteddie35

Slye / Hank - We just got back from 8 days up in the Okanagan Valley. We have lots of literature for you to review. Will fill you in on wineries and restaurants at our next tasting. It was wonderful !!! Cheers, Ed

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Okanagan Recommendations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI