CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Taylor vs. Taylor Fladgate

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Taylor vs. Taylor Fladgate Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Taylor vs. Taylor Fladgate - 10/31/2005 1:57:48 PM   
Eric

Taylor, Fladgate and Yeatman produce a series of famous, world-leading Ports that are marketed under the "Taylor" name. Alas, in the United States there was already a winery with that name, so in the US only, the Ports are referred to as "Taylor Fladgate".

This duplication is problematic, since it is the same port regardless of the imported name. So when user or professional reviewer comments on the wine, only half of the CellarTracker users are seeing that. To simplify things we have merged all of these wines under a single producer entitled "Taylor (Fladgate)".

I also went further and ran queries to find about 40 users who had holdings under BOTH producers. For these users, the specific bottles and pending purchases have been tagged with a note showing the name of the former producer. This is a valuable distinction for some users. Going forward we ask any users who feel strongly to use per-bottle notes to distinguish the importing source and specific brand.

Cheers!
-Eric LeVine

http://twitter.com/cellartracker
http://facebook.com/cellartracker
Post #: 1
RE: Taylor vs. Taylor Fladgate - 7/27/2008 2:50:35 PM   
John Trombley

On a possibly unrelated issue, I notice that there is a separate listing for Taylor Late Bottled Vintage Porto and Taylor Traditional Late Bottled Vintage Porto.  I know that at least until lately this was not a Traditional LBV, and this may still be true.  Want to discuss this with Roy Hersch?  The styles are immensely different, and of course it's a possible dupe.

A votre santé,
John Trombley

(in reply to Eric)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Taylor vs. Taylor Fladgate Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI