CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Best tasting room in Woodinville WA

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Best tasting room in Woodinville WA Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/4/2022 4:19:27 PM   
Eduardo787

I will be staying in Woodinville and will most likely have Wednesday afternoon free. I want to take with me my Wine Cruzer and possibly bring something very special that might be only available to either buy there or that it is in such limited quantities that it might be worth bringing some bottles with me back home. I am still not drinking wine ( last zip was maybe mid January) and I really hope that after this week removal of the prothesis I will be available to taste some wine. Since there are hundreds of wines and dozens of tasting rooms I was wonderingabout the MUST place to go. I am definitely not interested in architecture, ambiance, or anything like that, I want to taste the best wines available over there and bring maybe 6-8 bottles back. Where should I turn to ? Several of you I notice have conections in a few places and maybe you could help me with that. I don´t want the tourist side, I dont mind even drinking or tasting in a warehouse, I am just interested in the best wines. Since I will be travelling alone the least important thing for me is the ambiance, it also might be to tame for me...even boring, unless I find a group of drunks and thats up my alley

Please feel free to either recommend me any special wines I have to look for ( vintages as well ). I am 100% interested in red wine and I am not sure if I should seek syrah or cabs. I will be staying at a Hampton Inn in Woodinville so the comute would be extremely easy. I think the hotel is extremly close to the tasting rooms. Please help me with this, specially locals that might have contacts over there. Thanks

I can´t be happier than drinkling wine with my friends
Post #: 1
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/4/2022 5:13:02 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

I was in Woodinville yesterday. I visited 3 places I hadn’t before, Pomum, Baer, Savage Grace. All good to great solid wineries with their unique specialities. Those being Spanish varieties at Pomum, Bordeaux style blends at Baer, Low alcohol, low oak wines at SG. That first statement could probably apply to 100+ producers with Tasting Rooms in Woodinville. It’s almost impossible say “best”, because everyone has their own criteria. The highest rated WA wines, Cayuse and Quilceda Creek, don’t have tasting rooms there, or really anywhere unless you have an allocation at their annual tasting release events. Next tier would be a long list. My choices for BIG reds, Cabs, Blends, Syrah with known tasting rooms there… DeLille, Mark Ryan, Gorman, Sparkman, Fidelitas, Force Majeure, Adams Bench, Januik, Efeste, aMaurice, Long Shadows. Not sure which would be open on a Wednesday.

< Message edited by ChrisinCowiche -- 4/4/2022 5:21:27 PM >

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to Eduardo787)
Post #: 2
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/4/2022 5:22:48 PM   
Jenise

Eduardo, though I know there are wineries in Washington producing the level of wine you seek, I am racking my brain to think of any of them that have a tasting room in Woodinville. The kinds of wines you want aren't poured in the places where carloads of thrillseekers hit up 6 or 8 tasting rooms in a day never spending more than $60/bottle. Corliss, for instance, is a winery I'd recommend to you, also Passing Time*, Trothe, Reynvaan, Delmas, RASA and a few others. But either they don't have tasting rooms in Woodinville or they only sell by allocation/mailing list and pour by appointment--in Walla Walla.

Here's something about Corliss, just so you see what I'm talking about: https://corliss.wine/wines/

*Co-owned by NFL Football legend Dan Marino, if you follow that kind of thing.

If I think of something I'll report back. Hopefully others have suggestions.

(in reply to Eduardo787)
Post #: 3
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/4/2022 6:25:40 PM   
jmcmchi

Open on Wednesday….

Delille - mainly Bordeaux blends, the most to my taste Harrison Hill. Four Flags and Grand Ciel are their pure Cabernet’s. Also a couple of lighter style syrahs.
Mark Ryan - big brooding reds, you will want to stick to his main label rather than Board track Racer et al
Fidelitas - all Red Mountain Bordeaux blends, I don’t think they still have anything from Champoux vineyard, ciel de Cheval may be their most interesting. Quintessential Wa style
Long Shadows - of theirs I like the winemaker’s (Gilles Nicault)) own label GSM. They have wines made by guest advising winemakers from France, Ca, Oz, italy. Randy Dunn’s Feather may interest you (he was at Caymus). John Duval of Grange fame makes their syrah
Efeste - the closest to your hotel, on the other side of the road running to/past the warehouse district proper (where most open only at weekends). Big Papa is powerful cab, their “estate” (white labels) are pretty big single varietals, and a couple of contrasting style Syrah’s

(in reply to Jenise)
Post #: 4
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/4/2022 9:16:58 PM   
skifree

Hi Eduardo,

Passing Time does have a tasting room in Woodinville:

18808 142nd Ave NE, Suite 1A
Woodinville, WA 98072-8281
E | info@passingtime.com

It is not open on a regular basis, but I would guess they would host you if you contacted them. They actually make the wine in the warehouse district of Woodinville.

Damon Huard is the local guy behind Passing Time along with Dan Marino, the Huard's are kind of football royalty in the area (Damon played in the NFL). I agree with Jenise, the wines are in the bolder, fruit-forward style that you may enjoy. So they are worth seeking out.

So much wine, so little time

(in reply to jmcmchi)
Post #: 5
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/5/2022 3:59:10 AM   
musedir

“My choices for BIG reds, Cabs, Blends, Syrah with known tasting rooms there… DeLille, Mark Ryan, Gorman, Sparkman, Fidelitas, Force Majeure, Adams Bench, Januik, Efeste, aMaurice, Long Shadows. “

Having played in Woodinville with Chris, I would second DeLille, Mark Ryan, Force Majeure, Adams Bench, Efeste, and Long Shadows.

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 6
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/5/2022 8:57:17 AM   
mclancy10006

My only add to the above for Woodinville would be Bookwalter and these wines in particular Volume, Chapter, Antagonist, Suspense, Protagonist, Conflict. I am still on thier club and get a few bottles each year and still enjoy. I have been on the Mark Ryan list for a long time, but am dropping as I have too many bottles and the style is too full throated for me these days. That said it might be within your wheelhouse based on other things I have seen you comment on liking.

-Mark

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 7
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/5/2022 9:21:12 AM   
Jenise

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinCowiche

It’s almost impossible say “best”, because everyone has their own criteria. The highest rated WA wines, Cayuse and Quilceda Creek, don’t have tasting rooms there, or really anywhere unless you have an allocation at their annual tasting release events. Next tier would be a long list. DeLille, Mark Ryan, Gorman, Sparkman, Fidelitas, Force Majeure, Adams Bench, Januik, Efeste, aMaurice, Long Shadows. Not sure which would be open on a Wednesday.

You and I don't agree about who's on which tier. Cayuse and Quilceda Creek are definitely the most admired and impossible to get. All the wines you mention are IMO another tier down from Reynvaan, RASA, Corliss, and Passing Time which I mentioned to Eduardo. I would add Liminal to that group, which IS made in Woodinville at Avennia, but here we go again all sold by allocation. While I admire the wines of DeLille, Force Majeure, aMaurice, Efeste and Long Shadows and would recommend them for for exceptional quality and balance, I don't believe these are at the same level of prestige and style that Eduardo prizes in certain boutique Napa producers (names I recall him mentioning, like Blankiet, are all at the $100-300 level). That's a different type of 'best'. Fidelitas, Januik, Sparkman and Gorman are all about bigness--oak, jammy sweet overt ripeness, high alcohol or all of the above. (They have their fans but I'm not one of them.)

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 8
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/5/2022 11:42:56 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jenise

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinCowiche

It’s almost impossible say “best”, because everyone has their own criteria. The highest rated WA wines, Cayuse and Quilceda Creek, don’t have tasting rooms there, or really anywhere unless you have an allocation at their annual tasting release events. Next tier would be a long list. DeLille, Mark Ryan, Gorman, Sparkman, Fidelitas, Force Majeure, Adams Bench, Januik, Efeste, aMaurice, Long Shadows. Not sure which would be open on a Wednesday.

You and I don't agree about who's on which tier. Cayuse and Quilceda Creek are definitely the most admired and impossible to get. All the wines you mention are IMO another tier down from Reynvaan, RASA, Corliss, and Passing Time which I mentioned to Eduardo. I would add Liminal to that group, which IS made in Woodinville at Avennia, but here we go again all sold by allocation. While I admire the wines of DeLille, Force Majeure, aMaurice, Efeste and Long Shadows and would recommend them for for exceptional quality and balance, I don't believe these are at the same level of prestige and style that Eduardo prizes in certain boutique Napa producers (names I recall him mentioning, like Blankiet, are all at the $100-300 level). That's a different type of 'best'. Fidelitas, Januik, Sparkman and Gorman are all about bigness--oak, jammy sweet overt ripeness, high alcohol or all of the above. (They have their fans but I'm not one of them.)

I think we agree more than we disagree.

The challenge obviously is finding the "top tier" that has access Ed can enjoy during his visit to Woodinville. I have not tried Liminal, but have tried Avennia, buying Rhone but not Bordeaux, and am actually on the Liminal list (for now), and just received the invitation to their tasting next weekend in Woodinville. They and Passing Time and maybe one or two others might be worth visiting if private appointments in Woodinville could be arranged.

(in reply to Jenise)
Post #: 9
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/5/2022 11:48:33 AM   
Jenise

We probably do. :)

Hopefully our discussing them out loud will help point our friend in the right direction for figuring out what might be of the most interest to him.

So you were just at Savage Grace. Don't think it's Ed's type of stuff so immaterial in furthering that discussion, but what did you like? I like his whites very well but have been very mixed on the reds.

Post #: 10
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/5/2022 12:08:16 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

quote:

We probably do. :)

Hopefully our discussing them out loud will help point our friend in the right direction for figuring out what might be of the most interest to him.

So you were just at Savage Grace. Don't think it's Ed's type of stuff so immaterial in furthering that discussion, but what did you like? I like his whites very well but have been very mixed on the reds.

Thread Drift!

Savage Grave for sure is the opposite of Big, and seems to be pretty polarizing. I went in pretty aware of the goals there and had a friend tell me I wouldn't like anything.

Whites, I tasted a Reisling from Underwood, and a white Cab Franc (maybe). Both were very acidic, and needed food. I had no food and had just come off tasting at Baer and Pomum. The Pinot I found one good, the other seemed muddled to me. Cab Franc, I started liking these a LOT, due to the style pronouncing the poblano and herbal notes. I described one Cab Franc as the best Pinot Noir I had ever tasted. Barb and I disagreed on vintages we preferred so we got both. Cot we tried Boushey, and I got some just because it was very different from most Malbec I had ever had. Syrah I liked them all, tasted Red Willow, Les Collines, one other I think... I preferred the Red Willow most because of funk and style and got 4 bottles. Cab Sauv was the first time I really noticed the Oak missing. But I liked the clarity of fruit in Red Willow and got a couple. Overall the tasting was more likes than misses for me, but I can for sure see how someone used to "typical" WA reds might be turned off and certainly no power reds at Savage Grace. I am, and have been since the learning about SG, very curious as to how he gets the flavors without the Brix, and I'm anxious to try some early picking myself.

(in reply to Jenise)
Post #: 11
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/5/2022 1:06:23 PM   
Jenise

I get where you're coming from on every one of those. I like high acid whites so Michael's whites agree with me, but the reds--besides tending to taste like they were bottled too soon--just don't speak to me. Often grapey or raw or even simple one-notish, some with carb mac flavors even when that's not involved. He sure has a lot of fans, though.

Post #: 12
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/5/2022 1:13:11 PM   
BRR

Maybe Betz? It's not open on a regular basis, they make exceptional wines, and some of their stuff is tough to find. Eduardo, you could also change focus just a bit to include wines that aren't exactly impossible to find, but buy them in large format bottles, making them more difficult to source. Go magnum hunting!

Cheers!

(in reply to Jenise)
Post #: 13
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/5/2022 1:43:07 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

quote:

I get where you're coming from on every one of those. I like high acid whites so Michael's whites agree with me, but the reds--besides tending to taste like they were bottled too soon--just don't speak to me. Often grapey or raw or even simple one-notish, some with carb mac flavors even when that's not involved. He sure has a lot of fans, though.

One concern about the reds I chose was/is agability. I realized I have an "older" SG Cab Franc, 2012, in my cellar that I bought long ago and have never tried. I plan to open one of those soon.

Back to the thread subject, I thought about Betz, but was not sure about access for tasting.

(in reply to Jenise)
Post #: 14
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/5/2022 2:35:05 PM   
Jasonrgreen

Betz is available for private tastings by appointment. You can book on their website.

Post #: 15
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/5/2022 4:32:36 PM   
Eduardo787

Thanks to all the comments and insights about my question. I was looking for Leonetti, Betz, Abeja, and some others. I am really very ignorant on wines from Washington but I need to learn more and taste more from that area. I just want to skip those places that you get to taste 5 wines for $30 and they give you some crackers and cheese. I want to taste something like Betz and Leonetti, Abeja and quite some more that I have so little knowledge about them. Yes, I want the fruit foreward kind of wines, as much as I have tried my style is much more this kind than the earthy, leathery kind of wines. I cannot make appointments since I have a very unstable itinerary. Hopefully in late summer or early autum I will return and I will plan to bring the best other half with me and stay there for a week.

(in reply to Eduardo787)
Post #: 16
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/5/2022 4:43:52 PM   
mye

- Best is not what you need.. you need "biggest" given your palate preference.. (nothing wrong with it, but just saying what the general consensus say are the 'best' you may not like). I highly recommend you go check out Mark Ryan, Gorman, Sparkman, and Efeste. Likely open, walk in basis, and can accommodate a highly unstable schedule.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eduardo787
I just want to skip those places that you get to taste 5 wines for $30 and they give you some crackers and cheese.

quote:

I cannot make appointments since I have a very unstable itinerary.

- These two statements inherently conflict. There aren't any place that will share with you special wines, special experiences, on an adhoc walk in basis - let alone the 'top' end places.

< Message edited by mye -- 4/5/2022 4:44:08 PM >

(in reply to Eduardo787)
Post #: 17
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/5/2022 4:52:58 PM   
Eduardo787

quote:

ORIGINAL: mye

- Best is not what you need.. you need "biggest" given your palate preference.. (nothing wrong with it, but just saying what the general consensus say are the 'best' you may not like). I highly recommend you go check out Mark Ryan, Gorman, Sparkman, and Efeste. Likely open, walk in basis, and can accommodate a highly unstable schedule.

quote:

I just want to skip those places that you get to taste 5 wines for $30 and they give you some crackers and cheese.

quote:

I cannot make appointments since I have a very unstable itinerary.

- These two statements inherently conflict. There aren't any place that will share with you special wines, special experiences, on an adhoc walk in basis - let alone the 'top' end places.

Yes Mark, I understand that my schedule and adhoc walk in is not the best idea. But I thought that WA wineries were like what Napa was 20 years ago when you didn´t need an appointment and was much more relaxed. I did all my tastings in Oregon when I was there 15 years ago without a single appointment, I just drove and stopped wherever I liked. Bergstrom nad quite a lot more were a walk-in thing and I enjoyed that a lot. Yes, times changes, and specially with covid and avoiding crowds. In a perfect world what I would love is to spend $200- $ $300 and have my glass filled with great cab and syrah from the most famous producers. Well, I will go with your recomendations as they seem to be the best easy and available thing I can do. Thanks again

(in reply to mye)
Post #: 18
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/5/2022 5:10:05 PM   
mye

quote:

Yes Mark, I understand that my schedule and adhoc walk in is not the best idea. But I thought that WA wineries were like what Napa was 20 years ago when you didn´t need an appointment and was much more relaxed. I did all my tastings in Oregon when I was there 15 years ago without a single appointment, I just drove and stopped wherever I liked. Bergstrom nad quite a lot more were a walk-in thing and I enjoyed that a lot. Yes, times changes, and specially with covid and avoiding crowds. In a perfect world what I would love is to spend $200- $ $300 and have my glass filled with great cab and syrah from the most famous producers. Well, I will go with your recomendations as they seem to be the best easy and available thing I can do. Thanks again

Thread drift:
I think in general the industry in Napa (california), Oregon, and WA are trending towards..
- more custom tasting / attention
- appointment based
- higher cost (free/low cost tasting are basically gone).

Makes sense as it keeps away the 'party crowd', and allows the winery sales/leadership teams to focus more the valuable customer (buyers).

doesn't work so well for causal tourism, but that's sadly just the way things are going, or so it feels like to me (going to Napa in a month and it's looking similar).

(in reply to Eduardo787)
Post #: 19
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/5/2022 7:38:35 PM   
mmunger

Lots of opinions for sure from us Locals, so I'll throw mine in.

Woodinville has a lot of good wineries/tasting rooms, but as mentioned above not a lot of great ones. I enjoy going there frequently because I like to try and find new or upcoming wines or winemakers and I really enjoy the stories behind them.

But, if you are looking for for the best Washington expression Cabs and Bordeaux style wines in Woodinville my suggestions would be:

Passing Time - All Wines
Betz Père de Famille Cab Sauv (have some great Syrahs too)
Long Shadows Feather Cab Sauv
Long Shadows Pirouette Red Bordeaux Blend
Long Shadows Pedestal Merlot

If you had the time to go a little south of Seattle I would highly recommend calling to get a tasting at Cadence.

Are there better wines from Washington, sure, but not in Woodinville (IMHO)

(in reply to mye)
Post #: 20
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/6/2022 2:59:41 AM   
rthpal

Eduardo, mi amigo, I think the DeLille is a fine suggestion, but I do not know what their tasting room is like. Chateau Sainte Michelle used to have a good tasting room and restaurant, but their wines are not on a par with the DeLille Harrison Hill Red (a Bordeaux blend). DeLille is said to be one of the top 5 Yakima Valley producers. Please be very careful about your health. Salud!

< Message edited by rthpal -- 4/6/2022 3:11:19 AM >

(in reply to Eduardo787)
Post #: 21
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/6/2022 9:58:19 AM   
BRR

quote:

ORIGINAL: rthpal

Eduardo, mi amigo, I think the DeLille is a fine suggestion, but I do not know what their tasting room is like. Chateau Sainte Michelle used to have a good tasting room and restaurant, but their wines are not on a par with the DeLille Harrison Hill Red (a Bordeaux blend). DeLille is said to be one of the top 5 Yakima Valley producers. Please be very careful about your health. Salud!

They've got a new tasting room (I'm pretty sure you can walk in) in part of the old Red Hook Brewery building. It's very modern and quite nice.

Cheers!

(in reply to rthpal)
Post #: 22
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/6/2022 10:18:39 AM   
Jenise

I would definitely steer Eduardo's attention to DeLille's Grand Ciel cabernet. Excellent, rich and inviting, and a winery-only kind of bottle. Ran around $150 last time I bought it. DeLille's other flagship reds Harrison Hill and Chaleur are pretty much equals, nearly identical blends (65-70% cabernet best I recall) but HH is from cooler sites and Chaleur pegs warmer. I would bet Eduardo's tastes would skew toward the Chaleur.

(in reply to BRR)
Post #: 23
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/6/2022 10:22:08 AM   
BRR

Eduardo, you might be able to snag some of the hard-to-get single-vineyard wines from Avennia if you go to their tasting room. It's a neat place with fantastic maps of the different AVAs in Washington. It's also walk-in.

Cheers!

(in reply to Jenise)
Post #: 24
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/6/2022 12:09:47 PM   
WineGuyCO

quote:

I would definitely steer Eduardo's attention to DeLille's Grand Ciel cabernet. Excellent, rich and inviting, and a winery-only kind of bottle. Ran around $150 last time I bought it.

I bought a few bottles of the 2012 to try from Hooked On Wine. They are currently selling it for $79.99. My first bottle wasn’t overly impressive. The wine got very flat after exposure to air. Might have just been an off bottle. I have a couple more bottles left so will reserve final judgement until these bottles are gone.

La felicità, come un vino pregiato, dev’essere assaporata sorso a sorso.

(in reply to Jenise)
Post #: 25
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/6/2022 3:28:33 PM   
jmcmchi

quote:

ORIGINAL: WineGuyCO

quote:

I would definitely steer Eduardo's attention to DeLille's Grand Ciel cabernet. Excellent, rich and inviting, and a winery-only kind of bottle. Ran around $150 last time I bought it.

I bought a few bottles of the 2012 to try from Hooked On Wine. They are currently selling it for $79.99. My first bottle wasn’t overly impressive. The wine got very flat after exposure to air. Might have just been an off bottle. I have a couple more bottles left so will reserve final judgement until these bottles are gone.

Rick,
You could try the Upchurch 2015 from the same source

Eduardo,
Upchurch has a base in Woodinville, open at weekends. His vineyard is one of the four in Delille’s Four Flags, where he was founding winemaker

(in reply to WineGuyCO)
Post #: 26
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/6/2022 7:52:58 PM   
WineGuyCO

I need to round out a case from them anyway so will try a couple of Upchurch. It gets great scores. Try the 15 Whitehall Lane Leonardini Cab for $50. It’s excellent. I bought 6 originally and went back for more.

< Message edited by WineGuyCO -- 4/6/2022 7:53:27 PM >

La felicità, come un vino pregiato, dev’essere assaporata sorso a sorso.

(in reply to jmcmchi)
Post #: 27
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 4/8/2022 1:18:17 AM   
rthpal

Eduardo might want to follow Jenise's suggestion and try the 2012 DeLille Gran Ciel Cabernet Sauvignon ((96 RP, about $80 from Hookedonwine, WA).

< Message edited by rthpal -- 4/8/2022 3:24:57 AM >

(in reply to Jenise)
Post #: 28
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 11/25/2023 4:32:09 PM   
KPB

These suggestions were useful to us today! Woodinville itself is not a thrilling city, but we aimed for DeLillo (no luck: fully booked) and ended up trying other places in the same complex. Mark Ryan had my WOTD (wine of the day): the 2020 Cabernet called “Lonely Heart” from fruit off a site called Red Mountain in the Ciel du Cheval area. Very soft, ripe, and really delicious, with potential to hold for years. I would give it 92+. Translates to 97 on the Wine Advocate scale..l $100. Almost as good was the 2020 Old Vines Cabernet, from a vineyard called Red Willow, 91+, $80. Sparkman, in contrast, did not pour anything at all appealing. All the wines tasted green, yet a little candied or cooked. Next time I’ll book a visit to DeLille and will also try Long Shadows and Fidelitas.

< Message edited by KPB -- 11/25/2023 4:34:20 PM >

Ken Birman
The Professor of Brettology

(in reply to rthpal)
Post #: 29
RE: Best tasting room in Woodinville WA - 11/25/2023 10:02:04 PM   
jmcmchi

quote:

ORIGINAL: KPB

These suggestions were useful to us today! Woodinville itself is not a thrilling city. Mark Ryan had my WOTD (wine of the day): the 2020 Cabernet called “Lonely Heart” from fruit off a site called Red Mountain in the Ciel du Cheval area. Very soft, ripe, and really delicious, with potential to hold for years.

I think you mean Ciel de Cheval in Red Mountain AVA

In the same complex you might enjoy the rhone offerings from Latta. Fidelitas if you want Bx varietals.

A couple of roundabouts up, Damsel or Forgeron

(in reply to KPB)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Best tasting room in Woodinville WA Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI