CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: Costco ( Kirkland) wines ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Costco ( Kirkland) wines ? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Costco ( Kirkland) wines ? - 11/5/2022 11:27:43 AM   
Blue Shorts

quote:

I tried that wine and wasn't impressed.

Buy with bread, sell with cheese.

I'm not saying that the wine is good or bad, since i never had it, but pairing that fatty, delicious steak with bordeaux definitely helped the wine to taste better. There are many wines that I thought were just average, but when I paired them with food were much, much better.

That's one of the reasons why I don't like to see wine scores with no notes. Knowing if the tasting was done with food...and what food, can be critical.

(in reply to JohnWino)
Post #: 31
RE: Costco ( Kirkland) wines ? - 11/5/2022 12:23:23 PM   
BenG

quote:

ORIGINAL: LCHammer

I’m envious of you downing a 3 pound tomahawk for lunch.

Oh, I missed the 3 pound bit. Sounds like Eduardo is back to full health.

(in reply to LCHammer)
Post #: 32
RE: Costco ( Kirkland) wines ? - 11/6/2022 2:06:51 PM   
Eduardo787

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenG

quote:

ORIGINAL: LCHammer

I’m envious of you downing a 3 pound tomahawk for lunch.

Oh, I missed the 3 pound bit. Sounds like Eduardo is back to full health.

I am just having my normal mental health issues, but those seem that are not going to be fixed ever

I can´t be happier than drinkling wine with my friends

(in reply to BenG)
Post #: 33
RE: Costco ( Kirkland) wines ? - 11/6/2022 3:42:17 PM   
JohnWino

Another point about Costco wines... I live within 16 miles of three different Costco stores, and each has their own unique personality when it comes to wine. I definitely have a favorite of the three, and I notice they offer some some wines in common, but they don't have identical inventories as would a TotalWine store.

(in reply to Eduardo787)
Post #: 34
RE: Costco ( Kirkland) wines ? - 11/6/2022 4:23:40 PM   
jmcmchi

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnWino

Another point about Costco wines... I live within 16 miles of three different Costco stores, and each has their own unique personality when it comes to wine. I definitely have a favorite of the three, and I notice they offer some some wines in common, but they don't have identical inventories as would a TotalWine store.

I believe there is a basic standard inventory and then an element at the store discretion

(in reply to JohnWino)
Post #: 35
RE: Costco ( Kirkland) wines ? - 11/6/2022 4:46:30 PM   
BobMilton

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnWino

Part of it depends on the neighborhood - the Costco I visit is about 2 miles from a Rolls-Royce dealer, and there are a bunch of Hollywood types in the surrounding hills. Another, about 15 miles away is definitely middle class. Guess which one sells Petrus around Christmas and once had a $20,000 bottle of Johny Walker. Store managers know their clientele.

(in reply to JohnWino)
Post #: 36
RE: Costco ( Kirkland) wines ? - 11/9/2023 9:01:00 PM   
BenG

quote:

ORIGINAL: bretrooks

That said, there's a 2019 Kirkland Saint-Julien out there ($17.99 at the SLO store) which is quite decent for the price. It's certainly the best Kirdland-branded wine I've tried, myself.

Fresh off the wonderful Washington Merlot tasting and a new found eagerness to source good Merlot, I recently bought and imbibed the 2020 Kirkland St Julien (74% Merlot). i was very impressed. Admittedly, my knowledge of St Julien (which apparently normally has more Cab Sav in the blend than Merlot) is nil. Has anyone tried it?

(in reply to bretrooks)
Post #: 37
RE: Costco ( Kirkland) wines ? - 11/9/2023 9:07:20 PM   
jmcmchi

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenG

quote:

ORIGINAL: bretrooks

That said, there's a 2019 Kirkland Saint-Julien out there ($17.99 at the SLO store) which is quite decent for the price. It's certainly the best Kirdland-branded wine I've tried, myself.

Fresh off the wonderful Washington Merlot tasting and a new found eagerness to source good Merlot, I recently bought and imbibed the 2020 Kirkland St Julien (74% Merlot). i was very impressed. Admittedly, my knowledge of St Julien (which apparently normally has more Cab Sav in the blend than Merlot) is nil. Has anyone tried it?

Saw it and was tempted…but didn’t buy. Will have to try it. Also their Gigondas and Chablis 1er cru ….and….

(in reply to BenG)
Post #: 38
RE: Costco ( Kirkland) wines ? - 11/10/2023 5:09:59 AM   
DoubleD1969

I had a 2020 Kirkland Chianti Classico several weeks ago that was great! I think it was around $11-$13 when I picked it up this past summer. Sadly, no longer on the shelves.

(in reply to jmcmchi)
Post #: 39
RE: Costco ( Kirkland) wines ? - 11/12/2023 7:28:28 PM   
garetjax_kison

Costco has the "standard" regional or national brands at all Costco locations. Each Costco location also has its own wine buyer that brings in local wines/wines that they like. I see some real differences between the five Costco locations I visit depending on where I am, when I need gasoline, etc.

(in reply to JohnWino)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Costco ( Kirkland) wines ? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI