CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Incorrect wine created

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Incorrect wine created Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Incorrect wine created - 11/23/2023 5:05:57 PM   
CPBrisbane

2019 Saltram Shiraz "The Journal" - https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=4305625
should be
2019 Saltram Shiraz "S2" - https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=4311540

There are fives reviews on the page for a 2019 vintage of the Saltram "The Journal" Shiraz but he picture shows a different wine (the "S2") and, according to Saltram's website, the 2019 of "The Journal" has yet to be released with the current vintage for sale only being the 2017.

I was confused why this wine has such low scores given it's a flagship ~$100+ bottle. Sometimes expensive wines disappoint, but an average of 82 seemed hard to believe. The wine pictured is the significantly cheaper S2 Shiraz, which makes more sense. All the entries are made by Americans rather than Australians. Given the reviews are all by non-locals, I think that adds weight to the likelihood that they have made an error and reviewed the wrong wine (it seems plausible that one person made the initial error and others later thought it was the correct product based on the picture).

Not sure how what the database mechanics are as it's not quite the same as a duplicate entry given that in the future there will be a 2019 Saltram Journal, but the reviews and cellar entries for the current 2019 The Journal page should probably all be migrated somehow to the 2019 Saltram S2 Shiraz.

-----------
Additionally there are duplicate entries for a series of vintages of Saltram Shiraz "The Journal" and Saltram Shiraz "The Journal Centenarian Old Vine" which are the same wine.

< Message edited by CPBrisbane -- 11/23/2023 5:10:22 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Incorrect wine created Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI