CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/18/2023 11:32:50 AM   
recotte

quote:

ORIGINAL: markandsusanw

quote:

ORIGINAL: recotte

On account of a very eventful week, as well as my CTSS box being completely buried under a small mountain of other deliveries, I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I had completely forgotten about today's reveal until just now.

My awesome Santa sent me a bottle of 2022 Bedrock Semillon, along with some very gourmet-looking chocolat chaude! Thank you! Also included in the box is a sealed card with the admonishment to not open until done guessing.

So, with no further ado... markandsusanw, are you my Santa?

You may already have given up on me and know this now but, yes, Eric, there is a (forgetful) Santa Claus and it is me.

Hope you like the wine and aren't too mad at me for being bad at the game play. Probably made it too easy by sending a Bedrock—the largest producer in our cellar—but did try and throw you off a bit with a white. Morgan (Twain-Peterson) really does know his way around a grape and think the wine he's making is some of the very best bang for the buck going. Pretty hard to go wrong with anything from his line-up, and this is at the tippy top of his whites. (Think there's been a grand total of one of his bottlings I didn't really enjoy.) Hope you agree and Merry Christmas!

Susan, I had not given up on you! Thank you so much! I'd like to claim some kind of clever sleuthing on my part, but UPS ratted you out. The label on the box was exactly as you intended, but the online tracking had your actual name. Darn you, UPS! Before posting my official guess, I had looked up the wine in CT, and did see that wadcorp has a prior vintage of this wine in his cellar, so I did entertain the possibility of some shenanigans, but opted for the more direct route for my initial stab.

I am truly looking forward to opening this sooner than later. Bedrock is such a great producer, and I've only ever had the opportunity to try a few dry Semillons, so definitely jazzed about this!

Thanks again, and happy holidays!

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. - Oscar Wilde

(in reply to markandsusanw)
Post #: 61
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/18/2023 11:37:11 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

MOVED to Page 4

< Message edited by ChrisinCowiche -- 12/22/2023 8:02:30 AM >

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 62
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/18/2023 1:08:14 PM   
Tpety

Claymonster,
Thank you so much, your account doesn't allow me to send a PM. You did a great job this year and I look forward to sharing this with my family this weekend! Enjoy the long road that comes with building a cellar and learning about wine,

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 63
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/18/2023 1:33:59 PM   
River Rat

quote:

ORIGINAL: daviladc

River Rat, dear God what a wine! I know some of you are still guessing, but we had nothing to do during this noreaster storm that came through Myrtle Beach yesterday!

The good news is everything and everyone here is fine and that Vilmart was Awesome! Thanks again Brian!!!

That’s a special wine that we absolutely love. So happy it spoke to you as well. Happy Holidays!

(in reply to daviladc)
Post #: 64
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/18/2023 2:25:35 PM   
Claymonster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tpety

Claymonster,
Thank you so much, your account doesn't allow me to send a PM.

That’s weird. I just looked at my privacy settings and allowing PMs is not deselected. Forum on the fritz?

(in reply to Tpety)
Post #: 65
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/18/2023 5:51:25 PM   
crispino

quote:

ORIGINAL: dad300
quote:

ORIGINAL: crispino
quote:

ORIGINAL: dad300
I am back from work. I recieved a bottle of 2018 quintessence cabernet from fidelitas.. along with a note.. quite cryptic.. but as my first guess i will offer Crispino? Are you my secret santa

Hello all! I was away for the weekend and had an amazing time hiking with friends but I was sad to miss the reveal day. I still have yet to open my gift which I plan to do when I get home from work today and actually have a little time. So no guesses for me yet. But I did want to log on and say to Kevin: YES I'm your Secret Santa. Well done! I hope you enjoy it.

I will enjoy it im sure.. such a great vineyard and one of my fav producers... thank you so much..

Yeah I looked at your cellar and thought it would be a good fit. : ) And yes I tried to be cryptic in the note but not overly so; but heh, clearly I wasn't cryptic enough. I don't remember exactly what I said but it was something to the effect of "we're not all that far apart" or something. I hoped you'd maybe think the geographical "solution" to that was too straightforward and go in another direction at first. In any case, enjoy the wine and Happy Holidays, and welcome back to the neighborhood, at least relatively speaking!

CT Secret Santa Compendium
CT Santa Profile

(in reply to dad300)
Post #: 66
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/18/2023 6:29:41 PM   
crispino

Okay well! Santa has graciously blinded my bottle by wrapping in tissue paper so I can try it blind, as is my wont for this game. Usually I chef up a nice dinner on Reveal Day and enjoy it with that. This year I had an opportunity to go hiking with some friends that I just had to jump on! So I may bring this to either Xmas or New Year's, TBD. But thank you Santa! I got a nice and very thoughtful handwritten note in the box; clearly my Santa put some thought into this. I'm super excited to try it.

So this was clearly sent by an individual directly. And given that the shipping label had the name crossed out but the address is in Minnesota, and given that he's got a big old "From: MN" in his user info, I'm going to guess Wine Gopher.

Always enjoy this event!

CT Secret Santa Compendium
CT Santa Profile

(in reply to crispino)
Post #: 67
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/18/2023 7:37:24 PM   
Rossodio

Alright sirs - after a weekend away I opened my box to reveal a bottle of 2018 Delmas Syrah SJR Vineyard which counts as only one of two Washington wines I now have in my cellar. Whichever Santa sent this to me included a printed note stating that my cellar underrepresented this wine region and that Santa would be correct. It was sent from a generic California address and I have little to work with but am thinking to look out for someone with solid Washington presence in their cellar.

Wine Gopher, are you my Santa?

Slye, I'm looking at you if I am wrong about Gopher...

Edit: I typed Oregon originally, twice, in this post. I was literally thinking Washington when it was typed out. Why was Oregon in my hands while Washington was on my mind? I think the Dow 20 year tawny I had two glasses of (and the glass of left bank bdx before that) prior to my making this post had something to do with it.

< Message edited by Rossodio -- 12/21/2023 5:01:22 PM >

- Rossodio
USA

Click below to see my profile on CT:

(in reply to oskiwawa)
Post #: 68
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/18/2023 10:43:30 PM   
vinopkm

Random shot in dark Rossodio, are you my Santa

(in reply to Rossodio)
Post #: 69
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/19/2023 9:05:10 AM   
Hollowine

Sorry for a few days delay, I've been constantly on the go the past 3 days, currently finding myself in Seattle with my daughter for some shopping and to see a theater production of White Christmas.

Santa did include a long note, which I've forgotten to bring in my continued travels so I'm guessing completely blind. So the lovely bottle of Realm was shipped from Benchmark Wine, an older vintage Cali Cab, and it's a very generous gift. My Santa also knows I Suck at CT (In general) and guessing my SS (Specifically), so he/she/they/Godzilla will be reading this and chuckling knowing it is driving me nuts.

Not an entirely shot in the dark guess for my first try... recotte, are you my SS?

Post #: 70
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/19/2023 10:03:25 AM   
recotte

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hollowine

Sorry for a few days delay, I've been constantly on the go the past 3 days, currently finding myself in Seattle with my daughter for some shopping and to see a theater production of White Christmas.

Santa did include a long note, which I've forgotten to bring in my continued travels so I'm guessing completely blind. So the lovely bottle of Realm was shipped from Benchmark Wine, an older vintage Cali Cab, and it's a very generous gift. My Santa also knows I Suck at CT (In general) and guessing my SS (Specifically), so he/she/they/Godzilla will be reading this and chuckling knowing it is driving me nuts.

Not an entirely shot in the dark guess for my first try... recotte, are you my SS?

In shooting terms, my friend, that was a flyer, and you have missed the mark! Swing and a miss! Better luck next time!

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 71
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/19/2023 10:54:22 AM   
Wine Gopher

quote:

Okay well! Santa has graciously blinded my bottle by wrapping in tissue paper so I can try it blind, as is my wont for this game. Usually I chef up a nice dinner on Reveal Day and enjoy it with that. This year I had an opportunity to go hiking with some friends that I just had to jump on! So I may bring this to either Xmas or New Year's, TBD. But thank you Santa! I got a nice and very thoughtful handwritten note in the box; clearly my Santa put some thought into this. I'm super excited to try it.

So this was clearly sent by an individual directly. And given that the shipping label had the name crossed out but the address is in Minnesota, and given that he's got a big old "From: MN" in his user info, I'm going to guess Wine Gopher.

Always enjoy this event!

I am your Santa.

(in reply to crispino)
Post #: 72
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/19/2023 10:55:21 AM   
Wine Gopher

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rossodio

Alright sirs - after a weekend away I opened my box to reveal a bottle of 2018 Delmas Syrah SJR Vineyard which counts as only one of two Oregon wines I now have in my cellar. Whichever Santa sent this to me included a printed note stating that my cellar underrepresented this wine region and that Santa would be correct. It was sent from a generic California address and I have little to work with but am thinking to look out for someone with solid Oregon presence in their cellar.

Sorry, I am not.

(in reply to Rossodio)
Post #: 73
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/19/2023 11:05:07 AM   
jrockman

quote:

ORIGINAL: jrockman

Wow, still so many possibilities; based on the return address label on the package and the fact he has several bottles of Sine Qua Non in his cellar, I will guess Wine Gopher!
Wine Gopher, are you my SS?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wine Gopher

quote:

Always enjoy this event!

I am your Santa.

Damn, that means you are not my Santa! Time to start over

(in reply to Wine Gopher)
Post #: 74
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/19/2023 5:37:57 PM   
ern1

Rosso, having never had this wine myself, I believe it's more a Walla Walla wine 😉

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rossodio

Alright sirs - after a weekend away I opened my box to reveal a bottle of 2018 Delmas Syrah SJR Vineyard which counts as only one of two Oregon wines I now have in my cellar. Whichever Santa sent this to me included a printed note stating that my cellar underrepresented this wine region and that Santa would be correct. It was sent from a generic California address and I have little to work with but am thinking to look out for someone with solid Oregon presence in their cellar.

(in reply to Rossodio)
Post #: 75
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/19/2023 8:01:30 PM   
arthrovine

Fourth guess: Ralph are you my Secret Santa?

No rationale. Just hazarding a guess

Post #: 76
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/19/2023 11:22:48 PM   
Hollowine

Arthrovine, might you be my SS?

Post #: 77
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/20/2023 12:55:28 AM   
arthrovine

Nope, Sorry Scott.

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 78
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/20/2023 3:57:18 AM   
Endodr

markandsusanw

Sorry Mark and Susan, I’m not your Secret Santa this year. I think that was
Your SS several years ago.
I do have Passopidciato wines in my cellar. They are unique with their heavy minerslity.
The grapes are grown on the slope of Mt Etna, an active volcano. I visited the winery
A few years ago. The soil is really grey ash and volcanic stones. It’s like the surface of the moon.
Merry Christmas and enjoy your wine

(in reply to arthrovine)
Post #: 79
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/20/2023 5:26:48 AM   
markandsusanw

quote:

ORIGINAL: Endodr

markandsusanw

Sorry Mark and Susan, I’m not your Secret Santa this year. I think that was
Your SS several years ago.
I do have Passopidciato wines in my cellar. They are unique with their heavy minerslity.
The grapes are grown on the slope of Mt Etna, an active volcano. I visited the winery
A few years ago. The soil is really grey ash and volcanic stones. It’s like the surface of the moon.
Merry Christmas and enjoy your wine

Well, shoot, but thanks for the interesting info. Makes me even more excited to try the wine.

Since my sneaky Santa drop shipped this bottle, don't have much to go on, so I'll make a true guess. ern1 are you my Santa?

(in reply to Endodr)
Post #: 80
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/20/2023 6:58:25 AM   
jrockman

Guess #2 - using the logic that he is from Wisconson, which is near the shipping point of MN, and that he has several bottles of Sine Qua Non in his consumed list, including the same wine gifted - Tpety, are you my SS?

(in reply to markandsusanw)
Post #: 81
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/20/2023 8:51:26 AM   
Tpety

You got it Jrockman! I thought I was being sneaky removing all the SQN from my current cellar but I forgot that I may have posted public notes. I hope you enjoy this bottle, their grenaches are one of my favorite wines each year and this one is ready to open. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

(in reply to jrockman)
Post #: 82
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/20/2023 9:25:21 AM   
recotte

A hint to my recipient: I have gifted the same producer but not the particular wine in a prior year.

(in reply to Tpety)
Post #: 83
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/20/2023 10:29:32 AM   
wadcorp

quote:

ORIGINAL: oskiwawa

The good news is Wadcorp hit the nail on the head. I am his secret Santa.

Boom! Many, many thanks. Looking forward to opening.

Will keep you posted.

"Wine is light held together by moisture."
— Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

(in reply to oskiwawa)
Post #: 84
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/20/2023 10:33:58 AM   
wadcorp

quote:

ORIGINAL: ern1

I’m going to incorrectly guess wadcorp 🤪

You are correct… that you are incorrect.

Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

"Wine is light held together by moisture."
— Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

(in reply to ern1)
Post #: 85
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/20/2023 3:31:23 PM   
Ralphs Bar

quote:

ORIGINAL: arthrovine

Fourth guess: Ralph are you my Secret Santa?

No rationale. Just hazarding a guess

You got it Arthrovine! Apologies for the lack of clues, K&L's gift messages are delivered by email only apparently. I hope the bottle compensates for the blind guessing & happy holidays!

(in reply to arthrovine)
Post #: 86
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/20/2023 9:00:10 PM   
jrockman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tpety

You got it Jrockman! I thought I was being sneaky removing all the SQN from my current cellar but I forgot that I may have posted public notes. I hope you enjoy this bottle, their grenaches are one of my favorite wines each year and this one is ready to open. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Tpety, I have never tasted a Sine Qua Non wine, so I am very much looking forward to trying this, thank you so much for your generosity! I was thrown off by the shipping point of Brooklyn Center, MN, very clever of you. Merry Christmas to you and yours also!

(in reply to Tpety)
Post #: 87
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/21/2023 6:01:56 AM   
ern1

I still got nothing but here goes another dart…..recotte are you he?

Post #: 88
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/21/2023 8:42:34 AM   
recotte

quote:

ORIGINAL: ern1

I still got nothing but here goes another dart…..recotte are you he?

I would be honored to be your Santa. But I am not.

(in reply to ern1)
Post #: 89
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/21/2023 4:58:44 PM   
Rossodio

quote:

ORIGINAL: vinopkm

Random shot in dark Rossodio, are you my Santa

No sir! Best of luck. I have had a couple of bottles of the wine I sent before though I did not post notes on them...

- Rossodio
USA

Click below to see my profile on CT:

(in reply to vinopkm)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI