CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/21/2023 5:02:18 PM   
Rossodio

quote:

ORIGINAL: ern1

Rosso, having never had this wine myself, I believe it's more a Walla Walla wine 😉

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rossodio

Alright sirs - after a weekend away I opened my box to reveal a bottle of 2018 Delmas Syrah SJR Vineyard which counts as only one of two Oregon wines I now have in my cellar. Whichever Santa sent this to me included a printed note stating that my cellar underrepresented this wine region and that Santa would be correct. It was sent from a generic California address and I have little to work with but am thinking to look out for someone with solid Oregon presence in their cellar.

Wine Gopher, are you my Santa?

Slye, I'm looking at you if I am wrong about Gopher...

I added this to my note above now! Thanks for pointing this out

Edit: I typed Oregon originally, twice, in this post. I was literally thinking Washington when it was typed out. Why was Oregon in my hands while Washington was on my mind? I think the Dow 20 year tawny I had two glasses of (and the glass of left bank bdx before that) prior to my making this post had something to do with it.

With all that said.... Slye, are you my secret Santa?

< Message edited by Rossodio -- 12/21/2023 7:58:58 PM >

- Rossodio
USA

Click below to see my profile on CT:

(in reply to ern1)
Post #: 91
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/21/2023 9:10:40 PM   
Slye

quote:

quote:

Rosso, having never had this wine myself, I believe it's more a Walla Walla wine 😉

quote:

Alright sirs - after a weekend away I opened my box to reveal a bottle of 2018 Delmas Syrah SJR Vineyard which counts as only one of two Oregon wines I now have in my cellar. Whichever Santa sent this to me included a printed note stating that my cellar underrepresented this wine region and that Santa would be correct. It was sent from a generic California address and I have little to work with but am thinking to look out for someone with solid Oregon presence in their cellar.

Edit: I typed Oregon originally, twice, in this post. I was literally thinking Washington when it was typed out. Why was Oregon in my hands while Washington was on my mind? I think the Dow 20 year tawny I had two glasses of (and the glass of left bank bdx before that) prior to my making this post had something to do with it.

I can certainly see why you might think so. I am a big fan of Delmas and those other oregon (I mean Washington!) wines. But alas no, I am not your secret santa!

(in reply to Rossodio)
Post #: 92
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/21/2023 10:46:03 PM   
Hollowine

ok, there may be more than one case of shenanigan's afoot here...I'm going to make my third guess Slye (my recipient), are you my SS?

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 93
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/22/2023 6:55:40 AM   
daviladc

This games is so much easier when wine.com put the SS name in the box!

#LuckyMe

Wine is not furniture. Drink it!

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 94
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/22/2023 8:02:00 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

MOVING page 4 below to help myself mostly.

< Message edited by ChrisinCowiche -- 12/23/2023 10:40:03 AM >

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to Rossodio)
Post #: 95
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/22/2023 8:10:28 AM   
Slye

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hollowine

ok, there may be more than one case of shenanigan's afoot here...I'm going to make my third guess Slye (my recipient), are you my SS?

No. It’s not me. Which is a good as I would have felt bad not being as generous as you were to me!!!

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 96
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/22/2023 8:13:07 AM   
arthrovine

Thank you Ralph This is getting popped tonight at our fondue party. I couldn’t even find this wine in CT!

(in reply to Ralphs Bar)
Post #: 97
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/22/2023 10:23:04 AM   
ern1

Okay now I'm just going down the l orist endodr are you he?? 🙏🙏

(in reply to arthrovine)
Post #: 98
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/22/2023 10:25:09 AM   
ern1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Slye

quote:

quote:

quote:

I can certainly see why you might think so. I am a big fan of Delmas and those other oregon (I mean Washington!) wines. But alas no, I am not your secret santa!

Rosso

I think it's in in The Rocks District of Walla Wala 😉

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 99
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/22/2023 3:07:34 PM   
Hollowine

Endodr, are you my Santa?

(in reply to ern1)
Post #: 100
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/22/2023 3:22:47 PM   
Endodr

Yes Hollowine, I am your Secret Santa
I hope that you enjoy your bottle of Realm Cabernet
I visited Napa in October and tasted a more recent vintage. It’s delicious .
Merry Christmas to you and your family

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 101
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/22/2023 3:35:14 PM   
Hollowine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Endodr

I expect I will very much enjoy the Realm, most likely with the Beef Wellington on Christmas. Thank you so much for the wonderful gift, I've maybe had a sip or two of Realm wines at offline events, but have always wanted to try them given Mike Hirby's reputation.

Cheers!

(in reply to Endodr)
Post #: 102
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/22/2023 6:51:03 PM   
mgriffith

Wow! Still some unconfirmed Santas even this many days in?

More apologies for not participating through all this year's festivities. As some folks may know, my Mother passed away on the 18th. My attentions have been elsewhere.

SO!!

I am going to try sliding back into the game, late though I be.

jlop - Might you be my SS?

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 103
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/23/2023 5:41:55 AM   
ern1

quote:

Okay Endo is off the board so I will give Slye a shot? 🤪

Perhaps you may be the SS?

(in reply to Endodr)
Post #: 104
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/23/2023 7:15:19 AM   
Slye

quote:

quote:

Okay Endo is off the board so I will give Slye a shot? 🤪

Perhaps you may be the SS?

Alas I am not. Good luck sleuthing. The most odds are getting better!!

(in reply to ern1)
Post #: 105
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/23/2023 8:03:41 AM   
markandsusanw

quote:

ORIGINAL: markandsusanw

quote:

markandsusanw

Sorry Mark and Susan, I’m not your Secret Santa this year. I think that was
Your SS several years ago.
I do have Passopidciato wines in my cellar. They are unique with their heavy minerslity.
The grapes are grown on the slope of Mt Etna, an active volcano. I visited the winery
A few years ago. The soil is really grey ash and volcanic stones. It’s like the surface of the moon.
Merry Christmas and enjoy your wine

Well, shoot, but thanks for the interesting info. Makes me even more excited to try the wine.

Since my sneaky Santa drop shipped this bottle, don't have much to go on, so I'll make a true guess. ern1 are you my Santa?

Unless I missed it, never heard if ern1 was/was not my Santa, but since he's been active on the board and hasn't said he was, I'm guessing that's a no?

I just genuinely have no idea at this point so I'll randomly guess…wadcorp

(in reply to markandsusanw)
Post #: 106
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/23/2023 10:24:15 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

A week has gone by, and we have made really good progress, with lots of excellent wine and good cheer. I'm going to help a bit to move the guessing game along since not everyone is actively engaging in the thread.

mgriffith, I am very sorry for your personal loss. Always difficult, but even more so during Holiday season. Your guess of jlop as your Secret Santa is indeed CORRECT!

markandsusanw, your guesses are INCORRECT.

A hint for everyone. When I announced long ago that this year was a true round robin, that turned out to NOT BE TRUE. There were FOUR matched sets of Santas this year due to my incomplete checking of lists before I sent out the matches. This might be a clue to some still guessing.

< Message edited by ChrisinCowiche -- 12/26/2023 9:32:03 AM >

Post #: 107
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/23/2023 11:08:12 AM   
recotte

quote:

ORIGINAL: recotte

A hint to my recipient: I have gifted the same producer but not the particular wine in a prior year.

Second hint that should be a dead giveaway: if you do a forum search on the name of your producer, you'll find that I'm one of the main evangelists for the producer and grape variety.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. - Oscar Wilde

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 108
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/23/2023 12:43:41 PM   
wadcorp

quote:

Unless I missed it, never heard if ern1 was/was not my Santa, but since he's been active on the board and hasn't said he was, I'm guessing that's a no?

That would have been great but no, I am not your Secret Santa, Mark.

< Message edited by wadcorp -- 12/23/2023 12:44:16 PM >

"Wine is light held together by moisture."
— Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

Post #: 109
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/23/2023 1:40:52 PM   
ern1

quote:

quote:

quote:

markandsusanw

Sorry Mark and Susan, I’m not your Secret Santa this year. I think that was
Your SS several years ago.
I do have Passopidciato wines in my cellar. They are unique with their heavy minerslity.
The grapes are grown on the slope of Mt Etna, an active volcano. I visited the winery
A few years ago. The soil is really grey ash and volcanic stones. It’s like the surface of the moon.
Merry Christmas and enjoy your wine

Well, shoot, but thanks for the interesting info. Makes me even more excited to try the wine.

Since my sneaky Santa drop shipped this bottle, don't have much to go on, so I'll make a true guess. ern1 are you my Santa?

Crap I didn’t see this. I’m so wrapped up in my guessing failures I didn’t see yours 😂

As confirmed by head elf not I

Post #: 110
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/24/2023 9:28:12 AM   
markandsusanw

quote:

quote:

A hint to my recipient: I have gifted the same producer but not the particular wine in a prior year.

Second hint that should be a dead giveaway: if you do a forum search on the name of your producer, you'll find that I'm one of the main evangelists for the producer and grape variety.

At this point, feel like I'm the only one who doesn't get it. Never even looked at you, Eric, because I was YOUR Secret Santa, and I didn't think they were doing reciprocal matches, but do see you've mentioned the maker of my wine here. Am I the one missing all of your hints?

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 111
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/24/2023 10:07:22 AM   
recotte

quote:

quote:

quote:

At this point, feel like I'm the only one who doesn't get it. Never even looked at you, Eric, because I was YOUR Secret Santa, and I didn't think they were doing reciprocal matches, but do see you've mentioned the maker of my wine here. Am I the one missing all of your hints?

YES! I am your Secret Santa! I was quite surprised when I realized we were matched up, but I do kind of appreciate the symmetry. Merry Christmas!

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. - Oscar Wilde

Post #: 112
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/24/2023 11:21:33 AM   
ern1

Ok, arthrovine are you he?

Ps anybody wants to put me out of my misery you have my blessing 🤣🎅🏼🎅🏼

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 113
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/24/2023 12:05:12 PM   
arthrovine

Sorry to disappoint, but I am not your SS ern1.

(in reply to ern1)
Post #: 114
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/25/2023 9:02:19 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

quote:

quote:

A hint for everyone. When I announced long ago that this year was a true round robin, that turned out to NOT BE TRUE. There were FOUR matched sets of Santas this year due to my incomplete checking of lists before I sent out the matches. This might be a clue to some still guessing.

(in reply to ern1)
Post #: 115
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/25/2023 8:53:59 PM   
jlop

mgriffith, nice guessing! I hope you enjoy the bottle. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can find some peace and rest for yourself this holiday season.

I've been traveling all over the place, hence my tardiness. I shall at least give it a guess; Slye, might you be my generous SS?

(in reply to mgriffith)
Post #: 116
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/26/2023 4:27:09 AM   
ern1

Are Rosso and I Santa mates? Is that my clue 🤞

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinCowiche

quote:

quote:

Post #: 117
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/26/2023 9:31:24 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

Happy Second Day of Christmas!

jlop, you are INCORRECT Try again.

ern1, YES miracles do come true! You are CORRECT!!!

< Message edited by ChrisinCowiche -- 12/27/2023 8:29:09 AM >

(in reply to ern1)
Post #: 118
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/26/2023 10:21:43 AM   
jlop

Ok, ok -- after some sleuthing I am very confident in my guess now; arthrovine are you my generous SS?

Thank you very much and happy holidays!

Post #: 119
RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST - 12/26/2023 1:09:25 PM   
ern1

Lordy its a Miracle.

Thank you Rosso, the gifted bottle you gave me is resting in the cellar waiting for the right time to be opened. And if you haven't guessed I am your SS as well. Ho Ho Ho

Merry Christmas

Chris

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinCowiche

Happy Second Day of Christmas!

jlop, you are INCORRECT Try again.

ern1, YES miracles do come true! You are CORRECT!!!

Remaining unmatched Secret Santas are:

wadcorp
Slye
arthrovine

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Secret Santa 2023 REVEAL DAY December 16, 9 AM PST Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI