CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

BD 15

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> BD 15 Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BD 15 - 1/19/2024 11:53:29 AM   
ShawnM789

One week away, I hope you all saved some $$. I always go in with a plan in mind and that plan always gets destroyed
Post #: 1
RE: BD 15 - 1/19/2024 1:20:42 PM   
WineGuyCO

Thanks for the heads up. I always get sucked in to buying something.

La felicità, come un vino pregiato, dev’essere assaporata sorso a sorso.

(in reply to ShawnM789)
Post #: 2
RE: BD 15 - 1/19/2024 5:24:57 PM   
skifree

Traveling on BD this year, probably look at the offers that are extended on the 29th.

I just bought some white burgundy, so not planning to buy anything this year.

So much wine, so little time

(in reply to WineGuyCO)
Post #: 3
RE: BD 15 - 1/22/2024 4:20:50 AM   
cjsavino

Always ready for new wineries and some steaks.

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 4
RE: BD 15 - 1/22/2024 8:51:53 AM   
CranBurgundy

Seeing as I've already been active backfilling favorite wines from favorite vintages a couple decades old, and bought some of or all of my allocations from Outpost, MacDonald, and Maybach, I'm going to try to ignore BD. I've done it in the past so I can do it again, right?

Purple Drankin' Cretin.

Vote NO on Proposition S1ct1516 "BAN the CRAN!" this Election Day.

“Let it be recorded: henceforth, December 15 shall be known as 'The Day of Dennis'.” - Prof. Ken "KPB" Birman, 12/17/23

(in reply to cjsavino)
Post #: 5
RE: BD 15 - 1/22/2024 9:04:10 AM   
recotte

I'll probably pass on wine purchases, but will keep an eye out on the foods. Flannery, anyone?

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. - Oscar Wilde

(in reply to CranBurgundy)
Post #: 6
RE: BD 15 - 1/22/2024 9:06:36 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

I slept through last year , and will support a few favorites again this year.

I will not spill any beans, but if you are a fan of JB Neufeld, I strongly suspect they will have an intriguing offer or two.

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 7
RE: BD 15 - 1/22/2024 1:26:21 PM   
skifree

So Todd sent an email saying BD15 is Friday the 26th instead of the traditional (!) day of the 27th.

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 8
RE: BD 15 - 1/22/2024 8:10:47 PM   
ericindc

Honestly, its getting so big now that its pretty hard to pick out ones to try. Almost too much choice. I've had a few stellar finds over the years. Chief amongst them has been Castelli, Harrington (now closed), and Veleta (closing) wines,as well as smoking goose salumeria (sp?) a couple years ago. I never bought tons though as its mostly American wines so its harder to tried to find unusual stuff in the oceans of chard, pinot, cab, and syrah wines.

-Eric
Just waiting for my Grand Cru to age.

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 9
RE: BD 15 - 1/23/2024 7:50:18 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericindc

Honestly, its getting so big now that its pretty hard to pick out ones to try. Almost too much choice. I've had a few stellar finds over the years. Chief amongst them has been Castelli, Harrington (now closed), and Veleta (closing) wines,as well as smoking goose salumeria (sp?) a couple years ago. I never bought tons though as its mostly American wines so its harder to tried to find unusual stuff in the oceans of chard, pinot, cab, and syrah wines.

Agreed, hard to pick/filter. I've got two I buy anyway, JB Neufeld Cab and Orr Chenin Blanc, so bolster my annual stock of those, then try a newbie or two, maybe another old favorite, Lagier Meredith, maybe some Spanish olive oil. Part of the fun of course IS the chaos, but really is overwhelming. The current format with advance viewings for paying GC/MC members does help immensely. They also had a culling process this year to limit vendors to 100, or it might be 100 total wineries. Still a lot and more than anybody can review.

(in reply to ericindc)
Post #: 10
RE: BD 15 - 1/23/2024 11:15:41 AM   
ShawnM789

I second that, they are amazing people as well as the wines.

Post #: 11
RE: BD 15 - 1/23/2024 12:11:53 PM   
bretrooks

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinCowiche

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericindc

Agreed, hard to pick/filter. I've got two I buy anyway, JB Neufeld Cab and Orr Chenin Blanc, so bolster my annual stock of those, then try a newbie or two, maybe another old favorite, Lagier Meredith, maybe some Spanish olive oil. Part of the fun of course IS the chaos, but really is overwhelming. The current format with advance viewings for paying GC/MC members does help immensely. They also had a culling process this year to limit vendors to 100, or it might be 100 total wineries. Still a lot and more than anybody can review.

I never spend a ton, but I've generally made a few orders each BD and am planning to do the same this time around. I've got some overlap with you, Chris, in what I'm looking for - Veleta olive oil is a lock, and then I'll be looking for offers from Lagier Meredith, Sabelli-Frisch, Tercero, Croma Vera, and perhaps a newbie. Oh, and Flannery pork caps, if they make a return.

WSET L3 in Wines
My Cellar

Post #: 12
RE: BD 15 - 1/25/2024 11:16:57 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

I think I'm done... in record time.

Preview/Monopole Day allowed me to buy everything intended (and then some), so I'll actually work tomorrow.

JB Neufeld - 12 Yakima Cabernet Sauvignon, split 6 Yak Valley, 6 Two Blondes. Both already in my cellar, but I literally cannot have too much of this Cab. It's our go to wine for so many reasons, quality and palate fit being reason #2, and the people that make it being reason #1.
Virage - 3 Napa Cabernet Franc. A 2013 Barrel Select offered only to Monopole. Easy buy from a great vintner that I discovered probably 10 years ago via Berserker Day.
Lagier Meridith - 12 Napa Syrah, cool climate Napa Mountain Syrah, vertical of 4 years, last production of these wines, and another BD find that I will miss, and savor these wines.
Boheme - 6 Sonoma Pinot Noir, random sampler for a winery I've been wanting to try, with good discount and free shipping for Monopole. This and the Virage deal justified my Monopole fee this year, imo.
Orr- 12 Washington Chenin Blanc, 12 Royal Slope Merlot. Both restocks of local favorites. Will pick up sometime in Woodinville.

I might play a bit in the auctions, but those always quickly exceed my expected budget, so my role there is to drive up the price/profits for the sellers and various causes supported.

(in reply to ShawnM789)
Post #: 13
RE: BD 15 - 1/25/2024 11:51:21 AM   
skifree

Nice haul Chris!!

What year is the Orr Chenin? Is it their Old Vines?

Post #: 14
RE: BD 15 - 1/25/2024 12:42:50 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

quote:

ORIGINAL: skifree

Nice haul Chris!!

What year is the Orr Chenin? Is it their Old Vines?

2023 and yes, Old Vines. It is not yet bottled, and I broke the rule on No Preview Day purchases for this vendor, so that one has not actually gotten fulfilled yet.

The BD rules for GC/MC/BB/Preview Day/Auctions/Unicorn Auction, etc... have gotten more complicated it seems as they intend to drive up revenue and provide selective buying. I sorta understand that, but if I see an offer on a website and it takes my credit card, not sure what the harm is...

I'm breaking another rule I think, but here is the Orr Chenin offer text...

quote:

6 bottles of 2023 Old Vine Columbia Valley Chenin blanc (technically these are “futures” this wine will be bottled in March 2024) 13.2% alc
BD15=$160 SHIPPING INCLUDED

< Message edited by ChrisinCowiche -- 1/25/2024 12:44:47 PM >

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 15
RE: BD 15 - 1/25/2024 1:11:13 PM   
ImUrHuckleberry

- 2 cases of Goodfellow including an offer named after me!
- 1 case of Vincent, and itchy for a second case but holding strong for now

Post #: 16
RE: BD 15 - 1/25/2024 1:26:06 PM   
WineGuyCO

quote:

ORIGINAL: ImUrHuckleberry

What vintage Pinots is Goodfellow offering? Save some for us Huck

< Message edited by WineGuyCO -- 1/25/2024 1:27:00 PM >

La felicità, come un vino pregiato, dev’essere assaporata sorso a sorso.

(in reply to ImUrHuckleberry)
Post #: 17
RE: BD 15 - 1/25/2024 2:04:17 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

quote:

Sabelli-Frisch

I lied. I went back and looked at this offer and it was too good to pass up for a winery highly recommended and that I've been wanting to try. Pretty sure I've never even had the Mission grape, so that in itself is worth checking out.

Barbilocks is going to Alaska in a couple of weeks and Imma going to try to time all arrivals while she is away. Pick up at Full Pull also on my solo calendar.

< Message edited by ChrisinCowiche -- 1/25/2024 2:05:00 PM >

(in reply to WineGuyCO)
Post #: 18
RE: BD 15 - 1/25/2024 2:07:24 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

quote:

ORIGINAL: WineGuyCO

quote:

ORIGINAL: ImUrHuckleberry

What vintage Pinots is Goodfellow offering? Save some for us Huck

"The John Brochu"

1 btl each:

2023 Rosé of Pinot Noir

2023 Tsai Vineyard Pinot Blanc

2021 Temperance Hill Chardonnay

2021 Whistling Ridge Pinot Noir

2021 Heritage No. 17, Durant Vineyard Pinot Noir

2015 Bishop Creek Pinot Noir

Also offering a 6 pack of 2017 Berserkers Cuvee. "The Todd Hamina". Sparklers, Chards. Long list of stuff, and lots of early buyers.

< Message edited by ChrisinCowiche -- 1/25/2024 2:14:30 PM >

(in reply to WineGuyCO)
Post #: 19
RE: BD 15 - 1/25/2024 4:18:11 PM   
recotte

I just snagged some Flannery ribeyes, and with that, I may just try to ignore BD for the duration.

May.

Post #: 20
RE: BD 15 - 1/25/2024 4:24:25 PM   
jonboy74

Don't miss EMH Black Cat offer, its Merrill's last year to participate. She has vintages going back to 2013 for $60/btl plus flat $50 shipping regardless of quantity. I ordered 2 cases. These are great deals esp the 2013 as its already 11 years old!

There was an aged wine offer on MC I bought several bottles off of.

Also ordered both of Sabelli-Frisch offers, hard to argue with $150 for a case of wine including shipping! The mission grape ones are great discoveries! Very well made wines.

The Cabot sparkling wines with no dosage are excellent especially the 2014, and they are only $50 each. I have a bunch of these already, but went for a 6 pack of his various Zinfandels.

Scherrer goes live tomorrow, I'll get a case of his Zin as well.

Still TBD if I'll order any meat...

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 21
RE: BD 15 - 1/25/2024 5:04:34 PM   
ImUrHuckleberry

I would have went for EMH but I already have 2-3 bottles of each going back to 2011, and I don't drink cabs very often so they will last me a long time. But I agree that it's a great deal to jump on.

< Message edited by ImUrHuckleberry -- 1/25/2024 5:05:08 PM >

(in reply to jonboy74)
Post #: 22
RE: BD 15 - 1/25/2024 7:09:22 PM   
bretrooks

Today: a Sabelli-Frisch white+red case for me, filled out with a bottle of the Biograf Syrah, and with a Biograf Picpoul swapped in for one of the Missions (upon request).

Tomorrow: TBD.

WSET L3 in Wines
My Cellar

(in reply to ImUrHuckleberry)
Post #: 23
RE: BD 15 - 1/25/2024 7:15:26 PM   
Hollowine

a couple of dead cows from three different sources. I'm full up on wine already...

(in reply to bretrooks)
Post #: 24
RE: BD 15 - 1/26/2024 8:28:12 AM   
vinopkm

JB Neufeld only for me... was going to do some oil and vinegar, but her prices went up 30% and less of a deal. Was 85 last year and 110 this year (for the 3:3 -6 bottle deal).

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 25
RE: BD 15 - 1/26/2024 8:31:18 AM   
daviladc

Olive Oil and Balsamico. Probably not going to get any wine unless there is a great deal on Champs.

Wine is not furniture. Drink it!

(in reply to vinopkm)
Post #: 26
RE: BD 15 - 1/26/2024 9:39:34 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

I added some Patty Green Pinot today. I'm in PDX in a couple of weeks so will find my way to the tasting room one of the afternoons. I've sampled a couple of these wines via Full Pull and really seem to fit my/our palate unlike many OR Pinots. Looking forward to tasting what I bought without having to baby kill a bottle.

I've sampled the dry age beef and olive oil, etc... in the past, but nothing seems to have been earth shattering and worth a re-buy. We get local beef and other meats that are pretty great, so not inclined to buy more on-line.

< Message edited by ChrisinCowiche -- 1/26/2024 9:47:08 AM >

(in reply to daviladc)
Post #: 27
RE: BD 15 - 1/26/2024 10:03:29 AM   
recotte

quote:

ORIGINAL: recotte

I just snagged some Flannery ribeyes, and with that, I may just try to ignore BD for the duration.

May.

That went about as well as I expected. I'm sucker for Cab Franc/Merlot blends, and Virage does them so well. Only minor damage was done; a 3 pack of Virage, and a 3 pack of Cab Franc.

But now I'm really done.

Really.

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 28
RE: BD 15 - 1/26/2024 10:10:51 AM   
markandsusanw

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinCowiche

I think I'm done... in record time.

Preview/Monopole Day allowed me to buy everything intended (and then some), so I'll actually work tomorrow.

JB Neufeld - 12 Yakima Cabernet Sauvignon, split 6 Yak Valley, 6 Two Blondes. Both already in my cellar, but I literally cannot have too much of this Cab. It's our go to wine for so many reasons, quality and palate fit being reason #2, and the people that make it being reason #1.
Virage - 3 Napa Cabernet Franc. A 2013 Barrel Select offered only to Monopole. Easy buy from a great vintner that I discovered probably 10 years ago via Berserker Day.
Lagier Meridith - 12 Napa Syrah, cool climate Napa Mountain Syrah, vertical of 4 years, last production of these wines, and another BD find that I will miss, and savor these wines.
Boheme - 6 Sonoma Pinot Noir, random sampler for a winery I've been wanting to try, with good discount and free shipping for Monopole. This and the Virage deal justified my Monopole fee this year, imo.
Orr- 12 Washington Chenin Blanc, 12 Royal Slope Merlot. Both restocks of local favorites. Will pick up sometime in Woodinville.

I might play a bit in the auctions, but those always quickly exceed my expected budget, so my role there is to drive up the price/profits for the sellers and various causes supported.

Chris nailed two of my favorite Berskerer day faves that have turned into perennial buys—JB Neufeld and Virage.

The JB Neufeld deal is up now and truly too good to pass up, especially if you're a wine club member.

Post #: 29
RE: BD 15 - 1/26/2024 10:19:02 AM   
ImUrHuckleberry

I added some more and now I'm up to 2 cases Goodfellow, 2 cases Vincent, and a 1/2 case of Shelby Perkins.

(in reply to markandsusanw)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> BD 15 Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI