CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: NWR: Whos in the direct eclipse path ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: NWR: Whos in the direct eclipse path ? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NWR: Whos in the direct eclipse path ? - 4/11/2024 7:53:09 PM   
champagneinhand

All very interesting stuff. We were full totality but being NW NY and early Spring odds were always for clouds. Strangely enough towns as close as 30 miles had clear skies and saw the full totality/climax.

This wasn’t my first rodeo so I wasn’t bummed by cloud cover and was very impressed that during the peak, it got flashlight dark outside. That’s as much to do with a darker cloud cover but pull out that much sun and it’s like full on night impressed me and I’m not usually impressed by much.

When I saw the eclipse in my youth I remember having to look through a welding mask because nobody trusted the Mickey Mouse 3D looking disposable glasses and loads of PSAs saying the shoebox method was the only safe method. It was the crazy chaos stuff then. I remember being underwhelmed then as I thought animals would chill and take notice. That and it was barely dawn in dark scale but we had fully clear skies. An apples to oranges thing.

This time I was just impressed that it was midnight dark thank you cloud cover. It last d just during the few minutes of peak time and then looked like any other cloudy April day.

An interesting event to live through but I would never plan a vacation chasing one.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

(in reply to Echinosum)
Post #: 31
RE: NWR: Whos in the direct eclipse path ? - 4/12/2024 6:54:54 AM   
Eduardo787

Next solar eclipse will be in 2044 and cross over Disneyland in Orlando. Lets sink in and imagine how prices will be for that event in Disney

I can´t be happier than drinkling wine with my friends

(in reply to Eduardo787)
Post #: 32
RE: NWR: Whos in the direct eclipse path ? - 4/12/2024 7:22:56 AM   
DoubleD1969

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eduardo787

Next solar eclipse will be in 2044 and cross over Disneyland in Orlando. Lets sink in and imagine how prices will be for that event in Disney

It may be called Waterworld by then. 😂

(in reply to Eduardo787)
Post #: 33
RE: NWR: Whos in the direct eclipse path ? - 4/12/2024 7:27:44 AM   
wineismylife

quote:

Try again. August 2, 2027. Can you say Spain my friend?

Should pass over Iceland, Southern Spain, Northern Africa, etc... Luxor Egypt is supposed to get 6 minutes, 23 seconds of totality. The place to party next to the pyramid.

Joe

Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ http://www.wineismylife.net/

(in reply to Eduardo787)
Post #: 34
RE: NWR: Whos in the direct eclipse path ? - 4/12/2024 4:26:08 PM   
recotte

quote:

ORIGINAL: wineismylife

quote:

Try again. August 2, 2027. Can you say Spain my friend?

Should pass over Iceland, Southern Spain, Northern Africa, etc... Luxor Egypt is supposed to get 6 minutes, 23 seconds of totality. The place to party next to the pyramid.

Next one is actually August 12, 2026, hitting Spain, Iceland, and Greenland. The 2027 eclipse over the pyramids should bring out the conspiracy theorist nutters, for sure....

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. - Oscar Wilde

(in reply to wineismylife)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: NWR: Whos in the direct eclipse path ? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI