CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Lignier : Lucie et Auguste / Hubert

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Lignier : Lucie et Auguste / Hubert Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lignier : Lucie et Auguste / Hubert - 2/5/2010 11:10:25 AM   
andrew

In 2004, the winemaker (and son of the namesake) for Hubert Lignier tragically died at of cancer. Romain Lignier was only 34. He was survived by his wife Kellen and children Lucie and Auguste. Sadly, instead of this uniting the family, a rift occurred. The result was two separate domains - Hubert Lignier (continued by the father) and Lucie et Auguste Lignier (from the widow.)

With Cellartracker, it is necessary to be aware of the following :

From 2004 onward, there exist wines from both Domaine Hubert Lignier and Lucie & Auguste Lignier. While there may be some winemaking overlap for the earlier vintages, these wines should be considered for all intents and purposes as different wines (not different labellings of the same wine.)

There has been been late-releases of wines from earlier vintages under the Lucie & Auguste Lignier label. In terms of what is in the bottle, wines like the 2001 L&A Lignier Clos de la Roche are probably identical to the Hubert Lignier 2001 Clos de la Roche, but are labeled differently. We will place a Wiki note with the L&A wines, but will maintain separate entries.

Other producers like Virgile Lignier and Georges Lignier are not connected to this.

Thanks,
A.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Wine Data Errors & Corrections >> Lignier : Lucie et Auguste / Hubert Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI