Comments on my notes

(8 comments on 5 notes)

1 - 5 of 5 Sort order
Red
1992 Williams Selyem Pinot Noir Allen Vineyard Russian River Valley
12/14/2013 - vindictive wrote:
Bottle and fill excellent, there was a tiny bit of seepage on the cork. Good color, a bit metalic right out of the bottle, calming down in the decanter after 30 minutes. Nice smoke, spice and California earth. A little more stern than other old Williams- Selyem wines I've tried and none of the hot, over-extracted aspects of so many California pinots. This was an agreeable companion for salmon although, for once, I might agree that this had a 'burgundian' character, in that it was more acidic, focused and perhaps best matched to a game bird. It seemed to tighten up after an hour and then became more complex. A food wine for sure and a testament to how good California pinot can be (and seldom is).
  • danisdaman commented:

    11/26/14, 6:00 PM - Thank you
    I am bringing my last bottle to the winery this weekend to share.
    Happy Thanksgiving

White
2012 Kosta Browne Chardonnay One Sixteen Russian River Valley
3/30/2014 - rwalker82 wrote:
91 points
Tasted at the pickup day. Enjoyed this with fish tacos. On the riper side of chard but with nice acidic balance. Bright yellow fruits. Had viscosity but not too heavy. Will please both the ipob and aubert fans. Drink now or hold for a bit.
  • danisdaman commented:

    3/30/14, 6:34 PM - IPOB? Thanks!

Red
1984 Monticello Vineyards (Corley Family) Cabernet Sauvignon Corley Reserve Napa Valley
Opened to follow two 1970 Bordeauxs, this wine was a pleasant surprise. I didn't expect much from it, assuming it was likely gone by now. Black currant, dark cherries, plums, black licorice, cinnamon and leather on the nose. There is some fruit left on the palate, but quite tangy. Tannins are faded and the finish is short, but not a bad bottle of wine.
  • danisdaman commented:

    9/28/13, 9:32 PM - Thanks for the update Shawn. I have a 3 liter left. Will drink sooner than later.

  • danisdaman commented:

    9/28/13, 9:32 PM - Thanks for the update Shawn. I have a 3 liter left. Will drink sooner than later.

Red
2002 Harlan Estate The Maiden Napa Valley Red Bordeaux Blend
3/31/2013 - bonedocnine wrote:
95 points
Quite stunning for a 2nd wine. Had with lamb chops and was excellent with food and on its own. The wine is very napa in style.
  • danisdaman commented:

    4/3/13, 7:07 PM - Thanks and agreed. Down to last of three bottles and surprisingly good. Thanks for the update

  • danisdaman commented:

    4/3/13, 7:23 PM - Thanks and agreed. Down to last of three bottles and surprisingly good. Thanks for the update

Red
1982 Beringer Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Chabot Vineyard St. Helena
3/24/2013 - mflesh wrote:
88 points
Enjoyed tonight pre-dinner with some aged cheeses. This wine was a bit of a curve ball. Cork was slightly proud and came out about 75 percent intact - the remaining 25 percent was harder to get out since I left my Butler's knife at home. Cork was perfect with about 2mm of even cork bleed all the way around. Poured a chocolate brown with red undertones into the decanter - was not cloudy. The nose was consistent with an aged wine that had a lot of plum and raisin. The palate was plum and raisin too with a tart finish and quite a bit of earth. Very interesting wine - was not the favorite of the night. This wine has aged beautifully, but if you have this in your cellar it's time to start drinking up. Past prime, but still good.
  • danisdaman commented:

    4/3/13, 7:20 PM - Thanks for taking the time to update
    One lone straggler left and no reason to wait.
    82 was a difficult year for Nor Cal
    Best
    Dan

  • danisdaman commented:

    4/3/13, 7:20 PM - Thanks for taking the time to update
    One lone straggler left and no reason to wait.
    82 was a difficult year for Nor Cal
    Best
    Dan

1 - 5 of 5
© 2003-20 CellarTracker! LLC.

Report a Problem

Close