White

2009 Château Haut Selve Blanc

Sémillon-Sauvignon Blanc Blend

  • France
  • Bordeaux
  • Graves
(Add Drink Dates)
CT91 2 reviews
2009
N.V.
Label borrowed from 2010
2010
Label borrowed from 2014
2014
Label borrowed from 2015
2015
Label borrowed from 2016
2016
1 of 6

Community Tasting Notes 2

  • WetRock wrote:

    May 16, 2011 - Port4olio Tasting (O Hotel, LA): Very aromatic with a strong grassy aroma. Fat fruited and not all that expressive. Might need a decant.

  • tvinoronquillo wrote: 91 points

    January 10, 2011 - A blend of 50% Sauvignon Blanc, 40% Sémillon and 10% Sauvignon Gris (an heirloom varietal introduced for its interesting aromatic qualities when vinified in wood). The fruit is hand harvested and picked separately by plot and varietal, skin contact maceration in pneumatic tanks about 18 hours, which produces about 80% of gravity fed free-run juice. The remaining 20% are obtained by pneumatic pressing. Aprox. 2 weeks fermentation in barrels and about 9 months aging in oak barrels with 30% of that new oak. A bright medium lemon-gold color. A beautiful white with subtle aromas of meyer lemon, honey, dry stony minerality, lemon taffy and a hint of oak and cream. On the palate the wine is dry, medium bodied, with medium acidity, lower alcohol (12.5% abv), medium + flavor intensity and a nice medium length finish. It's ready to drink now but should improve the next 3-5 years. A great example of a young Graves Blanc. About $21 US retail. Imported by International Vineyards.

Pro Reviews 0

Add a Pro Review

Professional reviews have copyrights and you can view them here for your personal use only as private content. To view pro reviews you must either subscribe to a pre-integrated publication or manually enter reviews. Learn more.

Manage Subscriptions
  • No pro reviews found.

Wine Definition

  • Vintage 2009
  • Type White
  • Producer Château Haut Selve
  • Varietal Sémillon-Sauvignon Blanc Blend
  • Designation Blanc
  • Vineyard n/a
  • Country France
  • Region Bordeaux
  • SubRegion Graves
  • Appellation Graves

Community Holdings

  • Pending Delivery 0 (0%)
  • In Cellars 2 (50%)
  • Consumed 2 (50%)

Food Pairing

No food pairings available.

Who Likes This Wine

0 votes.

More About This Wine

Articles

Report a Problem

Close
© 2003-19 CellarTracker! LLC.

Report a Problem

Close