Red

2014 Cellers de Scala Dei Priorat Prior

Grenache Blend

  • Spain
  • Catalunya
  • Priorat
Drink between 2019 - 2025 (Edit)
CT90.3 9 reviews
2014
N.V.
Label borrowed from 2013
2013
Label borrowed from 2013
2013
Label borrowed from 2013
2013
Label borrowed from 2015
2015
Label borrowed from 2012
2012
Label borrowed from 2012
2012
Label borrowed from 2016
2016
Label borrowed from 2010
2010
Label borrowed from 2009
2009
Label borrowed from 2009
2009
Label borrowed from 2003
2003
Label borrowed from 2001
2001
Label borrowed from 2000
2000
Label borrowed from 1999
1999
1 of 16

Community Tasting Notes 5

  • Fwmsmeets Likes this wine: 89 points

    December 25, 2017 - Difficult to describe, but love the grenache

  • huse wrote: 91 points

    September 4, 2017 - A spicy, complex Priorat wine, sourced from selected plots at the foot of the ‘Serra de Montsant’ (province of Tarragona / Catalunya), a blend of 55 % Garnatxa, 20 % Samsó (Carinyena), 15 % Cabernet Sauvignon and 10 % Syrah. The wine matured for12 months in 225 and 500 liter oak barrels (new and one-year old – 80 % French, the remaining 20 % American oak). Decanted: two hours prior to tasting. Dark purple-red in color and an intense and aromatic bouquet with scents of forest fruit, violets, lavender and a slight touch of incense. The powerful, well-structured palate shows abundant red fruit, good concentration and depth and a serious acid profile but the tannins are still quite dominant. Lengthy finish with some herbal nuances. I enjoyed this wine a whole lot, but it needs 2-3 more years to really come together. Optimal enjoyment: 2019–2023.

    Een complexe, kruidige Priorat-wijn, afkomstig van geselecteerde percelen aan de voet van de 'Serra de Montsant' (provincie Tarragona / Catalonië), een blend van 55 % Garnatxa, 20 % Samsó (Carinyena), 15 % Cabernet Sauvignon en 10 % Syrah. De wijn verbleef 12 maanden op eiken vaten van 225 en 500 liter (nieuwe en tweede gebruik– 80 % Franse, de resterende 20 % Amerikaanse eik). Gedecanteerd: twee uur vóór consumptie. Donker paarsrood van kleur en een intens en aromatisch bouquet van bosfruit, viooltjes, lavendel en een lichte toets van wierook. Een krachtige, degelijk gestructureerde wijn met overvloedig rood fruit, een stevig aciditeitsprofiel, een serieuze diepgang en dito concentratie, maar de tannines zijn nog wel vrij dominant. Lange finale met wat kruidige nuances. De wijn was al behoorlijk op dronk, maar zal mijns inziens over 2-3 jaar pas echt tot zijn recht komen. Optimaal drinkgenot: 2019-2023.

    1 person found this helpful Comment
  • vinhonotte Likes this wine: 91 points

    August 9, 2017 - WSET Level 3 Award for Wine Course; 8/7/2017-8/11/2017 (West London Wine School): pronounced dried fruits and smoked wood; great, powerful but could really do with a bit more balance

  • Philippe_C wrote: 90 points

    December 27, 2016 - Nose of ripe red fruit, Alcohol present, , hint of choux rouge…Extracted taste of tannins, started strong, but a bit short in taste…

  • wineamateur Likes this wine: 90 points

    July 13, 2016 - Spanish Mixed Bag, Summer of 2016; 7/2/2016-7/15/2016: Very good modern expression of Priorat. Clean, polished, refreshing and at the same time dark toned

Pro Reviews 0

Add a Pro Review

Professional reviews have copyrights and you can view them here for your personal use only as private content. To view pro reviews you must either subscribe to a pre-integrated publication or manually enter reviews. Learn more.

Manage Subscriptions
  • No pro reviews found.

Wine Definition

  • Vintage 2014
  • Type Red
  • Producer Cellers de Scala Dei
  • Varietal Grenache Blend
  • Designation Prior
  • Vineyard n/a
  • Country Spain
  • Region Catalunya
  • SubRegion n/a
  • Appellation Priorat
  • UPC Codes 451638927502, 7414140211890

Community Holdings

  • Pending Delivery 0 (0%)
  • In Cellars 29 (48%)
  • Consumed 32 (52%)

Food Pairing

No food pairings available.

Who Likes This Wine

100% Like It  3 votes

More About This Wine

Articles

Report a Problem

Close
© 2003-21 CellarTracker! LLC.

Report a Problem

Close