• Popped and poured this guy after already enjoying several 2014 cabs (Quivet LPV; Corra Melanson; VHR; Realm Houyi).

As one would expect, this was a step down in class from those wines. I enjoyed a glass (as did our guests), but it was just a solid wine; nothing spectacular. And can likely use some more time in the cellar.

• TRB wines (SF): Pucker factor galore on the initial PnP. This needed some air to even out its delivery and broaden its shoulders a bit more. Sour plum, black and red cherry, wild blackberry liqueur, and some bitter chocolate and iron. A formidable grip; one that seemed to overpower the core fruit. It came off young, unbalanced, and linear at times. It seems like there is potential here, but I don't know that I'll be around to see how it all plays out. It was fine and all, but kind of a snoozer for me personally.

I much prefer the Myriad expression of the Three Twins site. This wine seemed like it's holding back quite a bit, and it may never fully blossom in my opinion (almost as if the pick was called too early on this fruit). 89-91 point max range for me.

• This ripe but tart wine is drinking well now, but it needs another year or two in order to unfold and come into its own. Dark purple in color, full in body, nose of boysenberry and gravel road. Tastes of black cherry, raspberry, and rosemary, with a lingering yet sour finish. 14.8% alcohol. Drinks best after two hours of air.

This is an interesting comparison to Mike Smith's wine from the same site (Three Twins), since the Myriad is more opulent and forward. At the same time, I appreciated that this wine - unlike many TRB wines - had a touch more restraint and energy, which allowed the fruit to come to life. I probably lean towards the Myriad, but this is the first TRB wine I've had in a while that has a real signature (beyond well-constructed ripeness) - tight, but promising.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comments (4)

• Drank over the course of three days.

Dense and packed initially. I find that this vineyard for me (both this wine and the Myriad single vineyard wine) does not show particularly well early. Good juice? Certainly. But it needs time - even the 2014, which has otherwise shown pretty well for me in infancy.

Better on Day 2, and showed best on Day 3. Gonna let remaining bottles rest for a few years.