• Decanted 2 hours prior to drinking. Rather extracted and monolithic when first tasted, and it seemed far younger than its 11 years. Badly in need of food. Worked well with marinated, grilled shoulder steak. It calmed down a little over hours 3 and 4, but never became more nuanced or gained additional complexity. I'm inclined to let these rest for another 4 or 5 years and see what happens.

• Been waiting patiently to drink this for 7 or 8 years. Worth the wait. Tannin structure, acid and fruit indicate it will last several more years.
    Really liked it.

• Absolutely superb Cab Franc!

• Dark in color, deep in texture, and full of flavor, this wine seems to have reached a point in its development when the tannins are fully integrated, and the darker fruits dominate. I would almost say brooding in its nature, except that as I was drinking this during an Xmas day dinner, when everyone was into festive spirits (some of which were in other bottles nearby), I did not have an adequate moment to reflect. I did not catch the notes of bright red cherries, violets, anise and tobacco of which the vintner has written, but I did note more than a trace of oak, and just enough of the California heat to remind me that this could never be confused for a French Cab Franc. This wine was not cowed by spaghetti drenched in garlic butter; the beef filet on its own might have been overwhelmed, but in this pairing, the wine actually knit flavors together very nicely.
    I opened this bottle 2 hours before it was drunk; regrettably, I did not try it immediately, so I cannot say how that affected it, though I have no doubt it helped. That being said, I would be inclined to move forward the drinking window to no later than 2015.
    Recommended. Rated 1 on a scale of -1 to 3.

Do you find this review helpful? Yes - No / Comments (1)

• The wine looks Garnet colored. The legs are Fast. It smells like Meaty, Red Currant, and Ethanol. It tastes like Toast, Smokey Bacon, Plum, and Cherry. The body is Medium. The wine has Narrow texture. The wine finishes Medium.

• Delicious fruit flavors, with great structure and balance. Tasted with many other wines, and this was easily out front.

• C- Deep garnet, lightening up N- Some green, vegetal component and red fruit T- medium-bodied, medium tannins, earthy fruit of red currants and a hint of green pepper. I'm a CF fan so it's what I enjoy, but not sweetness as others reported.

• 14.7% ABV. Decanted for about an hour and it probably would have benefited from more. Dark garnet, mostly translucent. Sweetish oak with light leafy violet. Medium full bodied with ripe red fruit and some leafy tobacco nuance. Tasty.

• I think I'm just not a Cabernet Franc fan, and to make it worse woke up totally hung over this morning so all of that is probably skewing my rating. It is a nice wine, a little sweet on the finish for me.

• C- Deep, dense purple N- Dark berries, currants, sage, chocolate T- Medium/full-bodied, firm tanniins, herbs, blackberries. long finish, good mouth feel. Young.

• 14.7% ABV. This is fresh off the delivery truck, popped and poured. Deep dark garnet just a little translucent. Aromas of violets, oak toast with a slight vanilla coconut bent. Brown sugar. Rich ripe black currant fruit and a streak of earth and chocolate mocha. Good varietal character. Finishes with some unresolved but not obtrusive tannin. My wife particularly enjoyed it. Good, not inexpensive though.