1. bugdoced

2. johnvwine

johnvwine

3. JPPeterson

JPPeterson

• Silky smooth, almost frictionless. Dark plum. Appears to be right smack in the drinking window. For a second wine, this is a strong effort.

• I opened the wrong bottle!!!!! I was meant to be doing my annual test of where the 05s are with a bottle of d’issan. The wine was opened a few hours before drinking and triple decanted expecting the usual oomph. But No in fact not what I was expecting. Fruity, smooth, gentle in fact quite lovely!!!! But equally not the length or complexity I was expecting - and I have 21 bottles of d’issan. Anyway my wife and I tuck in and it is a very nice tipple which is going down very easily. Then I happen to glance at the bottle again and notice “Blason”...... �� quite amusing. Anyway for a second wine this is simply lovely. May crack open the proper one now!!!!!

• This was a very pretty, intact, complex bottle. Deep ruby/light purple color. Lovely aromas of black cherries, red and black currants, sweet yet tangy, with cocoa, earth, anise, cedar and clove. Lush and sweet tannins, still solid grip, fresh acidity keeps it tied up well. Dark plums, currants, sweet yet tangy fruit, laced with mint, cocoa, anise, earthy, tobacco. Lovely concentration, still going, very impressive. I wasn't sure what to expect, but this was lovely.

• Winespectator

• My Grade: EX. Into its drinking window now and showing well. Nose of blackberry, dark cherry, vanilla, cedar and spice. Svelt and elegant palate, still has plenty of fruit, silky tannins, acidity right where you want it, long and lush finish. Excellent second-wine, makes me really wish I'd bought more of the Grand Vin (see my profile for grades).

View From the Cellar

JancisRobinson.com

NOTE: Some content is property of View From the Cellar and JancisRobinson.com.