1. boogie96

2. jmasterj

jmasterj

3. aaronstj

aaronstj

• Over two nights; better night #1. Pale ruby, watery appearance.
    I recall trying this in the FP tasting room and thinking... Oh, it'll come around. And so I purchased a bottle, and sat on it for 3 years. Was thinking this could eventually be a "special occasion" Grenache - but pulled the cork this fateful Thursday, anyways. What was revealed from bottle leaned savory-over-sweet - which really brought the brambly minerals to the fore. No hiding behind any wood here... this is all concrete raised. The garrigue was front & center, esp. on night 1. Throw in some fine linearity, with zero edges, and you've [at least] got yourself a unique juice to behold.
    Still, I was never overly enamored with the final result - as it drank a bit thin, and completely lacking in oomph. I wouldn't consider this to have any further aging potential ... so drink em now.

• corked.

JebDunnuck.com

Full Pull

• By Paul Zitarelli
    Full Pull Ring Out (Final Offer of 2018), 12/22/2018, (See more on Full Pull...)

(Block Wines Grenache Golden Block Boushey Vineyard) Hello friends. This is our final offer of 2018. We’ll plan to stay out of your inboxes until January 6, when you can expect our first offer of 2019. In the meantime, after our open hours today (Saturday; 11am-7pm) we are CLOSED for pickups for the next few weeks, and our first TPU pickup day in 2019 will be Thursday January 10. Today’s offer will include reorder links for a handful of our well-loved in-house wines – three from the Block Wines line, four from Full Pull & Friends, and one from Starside – but first, we’ll do what we’ve done every year since 2009: excerpt Tennyson’s In Memoriam. Ring out, wild bells, to the wild sky, The flying cloud, the frosty light; The year is dying in the night; Ring out, wild bells, and let him die. Ring out the old, ring in the new, Ring, happy bells, across the snow: The year is going, let him go; Ring out the false, ring in the true. Ring out the grief that saps the mind, For those that here we see no more, Ring out the feud of rich and poor, Ring in redress to all mankind. I have always loved quoting those stanzas, the way they speak to the cleansing grace of the end of a year. But this year is complicated. My father died, suddenly and unexpectedly, on December 3 (here is a remembrance I wrote soon after). And while I would normally be inclined to keep family matters like this private, that doesn’t seem appropriate for my dad, who had become interwoven with Full Pull over the past few years. He loved working the tasting bar on Thursdays and telling stories. (Some of them were even true.) He loved Full Pull, loved our team, and really loved our list members. So in addition to the thanks I would normally give to you all, for all the support you’ve given to Full Pull in 2018, I also want to say thank you for enlivening and enriching the last years of my dad’s life. We'll be doing a small ceremony at Full Pull in late January to celebrate my father's life. If any of you are interested in attending, please just reply to this email and let me know, and I'll send along details when we have them. Ring out the grief that saps the mind for those that here we see no more. I’m trying. Moving to happier topics, this was a wonderful year for Full Pull, a year of surprising growth. Way back on April 23, I christened 2018 “the year of the deal” and my goodness was that borne out by the subsequent eight months. It felt like kismet: Full Pull growing to a point where we have substantial buying power on behalf of y’all, right at the same time that many wineries needed help moving significant volumes of juice, with a willingness to do so via significant discounts. All signs point to more of the same in 2019. But of course we’re not all about the discount deals; in fact they remain a small minority of our offers. The vast majority still focus on the finest wines from the compelling boutique producers of the Pacific Northwest. Our goal remains connecting the finest farmers and winemakers of this corner of the world with a vibrant community of wine lovers who can’t seem to get enough of all this good juice. Speaking of good juice...The only red wine in the Block lineup not sold out, but it’s getting there: 83% sold, with 17% remaining. This beauty was fermented and aged in a single concrete egg, and right from release, I have adored this wine’s propulsive energy. International Wine Report (Owen Bargreen): “This sexy, translucent colored wine starts off with aromas of smoke, wet rock, rose petals and citrus rind. There is really nice aromatic range here. Silky, with a gorgeous texture, the wine unveils rich red currant jelly, red raspberry, orange rind and bulls blood flavors. Almost resembling Walla Walla Rocks AVA Grenache, this stunning wine is best enjoyed in the next eight years while the brightness remains. Congrats to the talented Morgan Lee on this outstanding effort. Drink 2018-2026. 93pts.” [Note: this wine also just landed the #29 slot on Owen Bargreen’s Top 100 for 2018.]
  • By Paul Zitarelli
    Full Pull Block Reoffers, 8/3/2018, (See more on Full Pull...)

(Block Wines Grenache Golden Block Boushey Vineyard) Phenol55 REMINDER: Full Pull has partnered with Phenol55 for *optional* storage services for our list members. P55 is a full-service wine cellar less than ten minutes from our warehouse, in the subterranean basement of the Malt House in the heart of Georgetown. See here for more details, and then contact Phenol55 if you’re interested in signing up. ----- Hello friends. One of the most exciting additions to Full Pull over the past fews years has been our winery within Full Pull—Block Wines. The addition of this project, made by the immeasurably talented Morgan Lee, has led to the opening of our tasting room; it has led to additional members of team Full Pull; it has led to many more available days for list members to pick up wine; and it has led to more delicious Washington-made juice for us all to enjoy. This summer has marked the first time since its inception that we’ve had this many Block Wines available at the same time. Seems like the perfect opportunity to allow for reorders:The only red wine in the Block lineup not sold out, but it’s getting there: 83% sold, with 17% remaining. This beauty was fermented and aged in a single concrete egg, and right from release, I have adored this wine’s propulsive energy. International Wine Report (Owen Bargreen): “This sexy, translucent colored wine starts off with aromas of smoke, wet rock, rose petals and citrus rind. There is really nice aromatic range here. Silky, with a gorgeous texture, the wine unveils rich red currant jelly, red raspberry, orange rind and bulls blood flavors. Almost resembling Walla Walla Rocks AVA Grenache, this stunning wine is best enjoyed in the next eight years while the brightness remains. Congrats to the talented Morgan Lee on this outstanding effort. Drink 2018-2026. 93pts.” [Note: this wine also just landed the #29 slot on Owen Bargreen’s Top 100 for 2018.]
  • By Paul Zitarelli
    Full Pull Concrete Grenache, 5/6/2018, (See more on Full Pull...)

(Block Wines Grenache Golden Block Boushey Vineyard) Hello friends. We have the return today of arguably the most popular bottling our house winery produces, and this year with a new twist, as it was fermented and aged entirely in one Nomblot concrete egg.The only red wine in the Block lineup not sold out, but it’s getting there: 83% sold, with 17% remaining. This beauty was fermented and aged in a single concrete egg, and right from release, I have adored this wine’s propulsive energy. International Wine Report (Owen Bargreen): “This sexy, translucent colored wine starts off with aromas of smoke, wet rock, rose petals and citrus rind. There is really nice aromatic range here. Silky, with a gorgeous texture, the wine unveils rich red currant jelly, red raspberry, orange rind and bulls blood flavors. Almost resembling Walla Walla Rocks AVA Grenache, this stunning wine is best enjoyed in the next eight years while the brightness remains. Congrats to the talented Morgan Lee on this outstanding effort. Drink 2018-2026. 93pts.” [Note: this wine also just landed the #29 slot on Owen Bargreen’s Top 100 for 2018.]

NOTE: Some content is property of JebDunnuck.com and Full Pull.