1. mtolerico

2. bonedocnine

bonedocnine

3. Arch57

Arch57

• I wanted to drink something good to get my mind off my cat passing early this morning. Dark red and black fruit with a sweeter profile, sweet baking spices, dried violets, vanilla, as usual with this producer a ultra rich velvety mouthfeel that’s hard to describe and must be tasted to appreciate. As others have said, this can be drunk now just fine and it’s very good, but should also evolve over the next five years at least and probably ten.

• Opened in the bottle all day never decanting. Very young but undeniable one of the best Syrah made in California. Big stuff but slightly dialed back on the ripeness as years go by. Roasted blackberry/plum, smoke, mineral and whole cluster earthiness. No detectable heat, wood or sharp edges. Drink now of hold ten year as these enter an awkward phase in between.

• I recently made the mailing list and have little experience with SQN wines so take this review with a grain of salt. I did Coravin samples of the 2018 Zieharmonika and Profuga in May and loved them. I ended up with a box set of the 2017 Eleven Confessions thru a shipping mix-up and once in my possession found I just had to have them!
    Last night I did a quick Coravin sample and while the nose was enticing and the entry on the palate was smooth, it didn't exactly WOW me in a way that I was expecting. Tannins were soft and it was very balanced but I'm thinking that more time and a proper decant would improve the experience.